To buy or not to buy? (OMG ULTRA MEGA HYPER PET MEGA THREAD)

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

To buy or not to buy? (OMG ULTRA MEGA HYPER PET MEGA THREAD)

Postby YourStarsStrike » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:11 am

Hey everyone. You probably know me. I am the filthy rich guy who sold a rusty bucket for 15 MELLEONS GEWLD!

Recently I've spent some of my money on power and defense books. I haven't spent a lot on books (ONLY FRIGIN 13 MEELEON GAWLD!! OMG!!!! )

So as you understand I have 2 millions left in my bank (IF U THOGHT 15-13=WEED UR WRONG! GET REKT, BRO)

All those power books I consumed wasn't enough to boost my DMG, so I've came to a conclusion that I might need a pet.
(OH YEAH BULBASAUR PET TO GROW SOME W33D)

Now I've been thinking about Dex boosting ability pet or a luck pet.

I just don't know how high is Dex boost and luck boost, which one of them is more worthy?

And do I need to feed my pet, invest money into ( like armors ).

At all I don't know anything about pets, would be nice if someone explained me their importance and costs.
YourStarsStrike

Re: To buy or not to buy? (OMG ULTRA MEGA HYPER PET MEGA THR

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:58 am

I'd also like to point out 15M isn't even a lot.
You can stop acting like a jerk about it now.
If every time I sold a rare for a few M and came to the forum and had a heart attack I'm sure people wouldn't be too pleased.

So I'll be the first one to ask now that you are aware you really aren't so special.

Please stop over exaggerating.
But still, good for you. I guess. It's a start.

I'd also like to say get a stalker.

They have the best all around stat upgrades (and luck I think if you also use luck gear)

They also look pretty cool

And apparently they give you the most points to boost your skills if you have orb spec.
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby YourStarsStrike » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 am

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:I'd also like to point out 15M isn't even a lot.
If every time I sold a rare for a few M and came to the forum and had a heart attack I'm sure people wouldn't be too pleased.

So I'll be the first one to ask now that you are aware you really aren't so special.

They have the best all around stat upgrades (and luck I think if you also use luck gear)

And apparently they give you the most points to boost your skills if you have orb spec.

I've never had 100k so 15m seemed for me like a HUGE amount of money.

Anyway, lately I've been checking wiki for info about pets. I'm thinking to get Nooter since it has Increase Player Dex mode. I read that Dex mode increases player's crit hit by 15%. But is that 15% instantly added to player base Dex stat, or does it add 15% of current player crit chance? (ex. I have 50% crit chance, Dex mode increases my crit by 15%, so it means 15% of my base 50% + (7.5%) = 57.5% or does it just add 15% + 50% =75% ?)
YourStarsStrike

Postby Teippio » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 pm

YourStarsStrike wrote:
SOUL_SLAYER wrote:I'd also like to point out 15M isn't even a lot.

I've never had 100k so 15m seemed for me like a HUGE amount of money.

Anyway, lately I've been checking wiki for info about pets. I'm thinking to get Nooter since it has Increase Player Dex mode. I read that Dex mode increases player's crit hit by 15%. But is that 15% instantly added to player base Dex stat, or does it add 15% of current player crit chance? (ex. I have 50% crit chance, Dex mode increases my crit by 15%, so it means 15% of my base 50% + (7.5%) = 57.5% or does it just add 15% + 50% =75% ?)

Im pretty sure it is that one, someone more experienced please confirm it :D
My blog | Vote yes here if you want me to play HH for atleast 1 day
Be yourself no matter what they say or what they think or what you think they think :)
Teippio

Postby fakeandgey » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Edit: the wiki is unclear.
It states "The pet increases the player's Dexterity and Critical Hit by 15%. This bonus does NOT increase movement speed."

If they mean dex and critical hit, it means:

Total crit chance = (0.5*1.15*((dex * 1.15) / 3) * 100% = 0.22 * dex * 100%

(If your critical hit chance is 50%, as stated in the example above)
fakeandgey

Postby Teippio » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Teippio wrote:
YourStarsStrike wrote:Anyway, lately I've been checking wiki for info about pets. I'm thinking to get Nooter since it has Increase Player Dex mode. I read that Dex mode increases player's crit hit by 15%. But is that 15% instantly added to player base Dex stat, or does it add 15% of current player crit chance? (ex. I have 50% crit chance, Dex mode increases my crit by 15%, so it means 15% of my base 50% + (7.5%) = 57.5% or does it just add 15% + 50% =75% ?)

Im pretty sure it is that one, someone more experienced please confirm it :D

Okey, just tested it with my pet, and found out what the dex boost actually is.

You get 15% of your pets dex to your own dexterity, and then 0.33% per 1 dex point to your critical hit.
My pets dex is 115 and my dex is 278. When i put dexterity mode on, i get 295 dexterity.

0.15 x 115 = 17.25
295 - 278 = 17
Be yourself no matter what they say or what they think or what you think they think :)
Teippio

Postby fakeandgey » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Teippio wrote:Okey, just tested it with my pet, and found out what the dex boost actually is.

You get 15% of your pets dex to your own dexterity, and then 0.33% per 1 dex point to your critical hit.
My pets dex is 115 and my dex is 278. When i put dexterity mode on, i get 295 dexterity.

0.15 x 115 = 17.25
295 - 278 = 17

Yeah, so it seems the wiki is wrong. It does not add dexterity AND critical hit chance, it adds the dexterity (which itself gives you critical hit chance). I will edit the wiki accordingly.
fakeandgey

Postby hdp247 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:16 pm

fakeandgey wrote:
Teippio wrote:Okey, just tested it with my pet, and found out what the dex boost actually is.

0.15 x 115 = 17.25
295 - 278 = 17

Yeah, so it seems the wiki is wrong. It does not add dexterity AND critical hit chance, it adds the dexterity (which itself gives you critical hit chance). I will edit the wiki accordingly.

Strange I'm not getting any Dex boost at all with that ability modifier when the pet is active (at least it is not showing in the stat menu).
hdp247

Postby fakeandgey » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:38 pm

hdp247 wrote:
fakeandgey wrote:

0.15 x 115 = 17.25
295 - 278 = 17

Strange I'm not getting any Dex boost at all with that ability modifier when the pet is active (at least it is not showing in the stat menu).

What is your pet's dex? And have you checked if your critical hit chance increases?
fakeandgey

Postby YourStarsStrike » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Thank you everyone!

I've made a decision to NOT buy Dex boosting pet.

Now I'm just thinking about luck increasing pet.

What does luck increase really? Rare item drop chance or drop rate?

Does luck pets increase this chance a lot or is the luck stat unnoticeable?

In the first place I wanted pet to boost my dmg, but now I'm thinking to not buy one or just buy a luck pet if it's worth it.
YourStarsStrike

Postby StormNinja » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:38 pm

HAHAHAHAHA YOUR HILARIOUS!

Pusheen.com

S.W.A.G = SOMETHING. WE . ASIANS. GOT
StormNinja

Postby belding » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 pm

If you are looking for luck, chamatos keep luck node in their third evolution which most dont. The way I have heard, but I am not sure it is true, is that luck from a pet increases chances of better gear.

If you are looking for orb bonus stalkers seem to be tops.

I like my nooters, they have pretty good orb bonus and are mountable so they are easier to keep alive once you get to 3rd evolution
belding

Postby hdp247 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:12 pm

What is your pet's dex? And have you checked if your critical hit chance increases?

Pets dex is only 34, and my crit chance does not increase when that particular pet is in the active state....could it be that I have Orb specialization and it doesn't work with pets modes?
hdp247

Postby YourStarsStrike » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Meh, from what I've read I guess I'll just stay away from pets. The orb bonus wasn't really a thing I was looking for because pet would be unequipped and it would lose love over time. I just really don't want to waste my time summoning it just to increase it's love, plus all that exp sharing and long leveling...

The other thing I wanted was luck pet, but if it doesn't increase my drop much, then it's not worth wasting money.
YourStarsStrike

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 am

YourStarsStrike wrote:because pet would be unequipped and it would lose love over time.

That RARELY happens, and even more rarely so if you have more pets.

YourStarsStrike wrote:plus all that exp sharing and long leveling...

It's more efficient at getting stats than books, and more efficient than 100% xp to yourself. Those two problems are more than able to be ignored.

YourStarsStrike wrote:The other thing I wanted was luck pet, but if it doesn't increase my drop much, then it's not worth wasting money.

That isn't true. It's more effective at getting very rare drops than double drop rate. Lets say that the chance of a beholder shield to drop is 4 out of 1000. Lets say you get a luck pet, that's already plus another 4. Then it equips full earth gear, that makes it plus 13 or something. Now the chance it drops is 17 out of 1000. It also barely affects you getting sticks, because lets say their drop chance is 100 out of 1000. Now it's just 113 out of 1000. Compared to double drop rate, now the beholder shield would be 8 out of 1000 and sticks are 200 out of 1000.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby YourStarsStrike » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 am

itblobboy wrote:
YourStarsStrike wrote:because pet would be unequipped and it would lose love over time.

That RARELY happens, and even more rarely so if you have more pets.

YourStarsStrike wrote:plus all that exp sharing and long leveling...

It's more efficient at getting stats than books, and more efficient than 100% xp to yourself. Those two problems are more than able to be ignored.

YourStarsStrike wrote:The other thing I wanted was luck pet, but if it doesn't increase my drop much, then it's not worth wasting money.

That isn't true. It's more effective at getting very rare drops than double drop rate. Lets say that the chance of a beholder shield to drop is 4 out of 1000. Lets say you get a luck pet, that's already plus another 4. Then it equips full earth gear, that makes it plus 13 or something. Now the chance it drops is 17 out of 1000. It also barely affects you getting sticks, because lets say their drop chance is 100 out of 1000. Now it's just 113 out of 1000. Compared to double drop rate, now the beholder shield would be 8 out of 1000 and sticks are 200 out of 1000.

Thanks a lot. That explains everything.

I've figured my stats problem. It seems that the problem was my 0.33% crit chance. I've been investing all my stat points into defense and strength (now they're both at 400). I think I've invested too much stat points into those 2 stats. Instead I should have invested some into Dex.

Lately I spent 1.5m and now all I have from those 15m is only 500k. I used those 1.5m to buy Dex books which helped me achieve 15% crit chance. I still need more crit chance, probably 40% would be good enough.

Anyway, now speaking about pets. I'm again confused what should I get. The luck pet option you suggested above is pretty good, but that earth thingy is over lvl 100 and I won't reach that any time soon, especially if I keep my exp sharing on 25%. So if I bought a luck pet now it wouldn't make a high impact at a low level.

But still I don't know one thing, does pets get stat points after level up? Can I spend it's stat points to increase it's luck?

Another question is about pets increasing battle power. So how does a pet increase my Dex? Does the increased amount depends on how high is it's Dex? When does the pet increase my Dex, summoned or not?
YourStarsStrike

Postby belding » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 am

YourStarsStrike wrote:Meh, from what I've read I guess I'll just stay away from pets.

You are the first person I have ever see say this. Noobs (not that you are a noob) are always begging me to give them a pet or money for a pet and I tell them it isn't worth it until they get to a high level. They will not listen to reason. You have shocked me and I respect you thinking it out.

YourStarsStrike wrote:Anyway, now speaking about pets. I'm again confused what should I get. The luck pet option you suggested above is pretty good, but that earth thingy is over lvl 100 and I won't reach that any time soon, especially if I keep my exp sharing on 25%. So if I bought a luck pet now it wouldn't make a high impact at a low level.

But still I don't know one thing, does pets get stat points after level up? Can I spend it's stat points to increase it's luck?

Yes earth gear is over lvl 100 but there are other lower level luck options before you get there. Yes it would make more of an impact if you were grinding beholders than great frogs, because the higher lvl gear is way higher. Yes it would take a long time to get them to that lvl if you have them on 25% exp, but you should give them more until you get their lvl up in my opinion, then lower it. Still it would take awhile. If you wait until you can kill beholders effectively you will have it to 100 in a couple days.

Your pet gets stats when leveled up but you don't get to choose where they go. They are random. The chance for good stats goes up with love and evolutions, but you can still get all zeroes with a 100 love 3rd evo pet. Luck is not a stat that gets points, only HP, dex, power and def.
belding

Postby Teippio » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:02 pm

YourStarsStrike wrote:Thanks a lot. That explains everything.

I've figured my stats problem. It seems that the problem was my 0.33% crit chance. I've been investing all my stat points into defense and strength (now they're both at 400). I think I've invested too much stat points into those 2 stats. Instead I should have invested some into Dex.

Lately I spent 1.5m and now all I have from those 15m is only 500k. I used those 1.5m to buy Dex books which helped me achieve 15% crit chance. I still need more crit chance, probably 40% would be good enough.

Anyway, now speaking about pets. I'm again confused what should I get. The luck pet option you suggested above is pretty good, but that earth thingy is over lvl 100 and I won't reach that any time soon, especially if I keep my exp sharing on 25%. So if I bought a luck pet now it wouldn't make a high impact at a low level.

You seriously should get the dex to 300 (so crit hit to 100%), and also upgrade the critical damage skill to max lvl (you'll hit 450% then). Isn't it obvious that its better if u hit 4.5x the damage for every hit :D I have myself now just 200 in str, and almost 300 in dex and Im much happier hitting the critical hit for every hit than having about 400 str, when I would only hit 2x the normal amount and only 15%-40% of the time the critical hit. (with 45 to 120 dex)
So for upcoming levels, i suggest u to put everything to dex and/or u could do point reset (185 tickets) or even buy more dex books (which is expensive tho).

About the luck pet thing. You will actually get to use the pet luck items sooner than you would think, and the later lvl pet items wont actually be the items that give the most luck if you compare it to the effort you need to put into leveling the pet. I'll list all the luck pet items (for boot they are the same as archer boot) down here:

Pet luck Helmets:
Lvl4 +2 luck
Lvl23 +3 luck
Lvl35 +4 luck
Lvl43 +5 luck
Lvl72 +6 luck
Lvl131 +7 luck

Pet luck Boot (same as archer boot):
Lvl5 or lvl8 +1 luck
Lvl17 +2 luck
lvl45 +3 luck
lvl72 +4 luck
lvl101 +5 luck

So as u can see, already when your pet is lvl45, u will have +8 luck from items and +4 from luck mode, so thats +12 luck out of maximum of +16 luck. So from then on, the additions to luck from pet luck gear aren't that big.
I hope i could help you some way with this post :D
Teippio

Postby YourStarsStrike » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you everyone so much!

Now the last questions.

Can my luck pet die while summoned?

Is the luck pet worth the money/will I make a profit out of it?

Still no one answered me about Dex pet. Would it increase my Dex, and would it be a lot? (I'd like to get atleast 15% crit chance boost from lvl 40 Dex pet).

So I haven't decided yet, which one to buy, Dex or luck.
YourStarsStrike

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Can my luck pet die while summoned? All pets can die while summoned. Luck pets tend to be more fragile, but as long as you don't let them stand or walk through places monsters spawn on the map then you can probably protect it. Even if it does die, you can just feed it food and set it to minimal xp gain for a while until it's love is back up to 100 (May not work if you're doing high xp monsters and it's still a low level though).

Is the luck pet worth the money/will I make a profit out of it? Yes. Pets are, technically, a one time payment for infinite gradual income.

Still no one answered me about Dex pet. Would it increase my Dex, and would it be a lot? (I'd like to get atleast 15% crit chance boost from lvl 40 Dex pet). It will increase your critical hit rate, but when you get 300 dex it's useless anyway.

So I haven't decided yet, which one to buy, Dex or luck. What? Don't waste your time with dex pets, get luck.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby YourStarsStrike » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:56 am

Thank you all again. I'm going to buy a luck pet now. :D
YourStarsStrike

Postby coke_na_rc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:54 am

YourStarsStrike wrote:Thank you all again. I'm going to buy a luck pet now. :D

Charnatto for luck pet, so far has better stat than the other two luck pets(ghost and duck)
Ozacode for dex pet, better stats than any other dex pet

tip: buy hp or def books for your pet to stand against mob you are killing ;)
Beat that
Spoiler: show
coke_na_rc

Postby YourStarsStrike » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 am

I just bought Frisky. It keeps dying, I can't stand him dying! And I don't have money for books :(

But... I will level up my pet, eventually.
YourStarsStrike

Postby ShawnC » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:46 am

Frisky for luck??? Bad choice :o :o :o :o
You lost Luck mode at the 3rd evo stage.... :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
ShawnC

Postby Teippio » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:57 am

YourStarsStrike wrote:I just bought Frisky. It keeps dying, I can't stand him dying! And I don't have money for books :(

But... I will level up my pet, eventually.

Well Frisky does have luck mode in its 1st and 2nd evolution but it unfotunately loses the luck mode when u upgrade it to 3rd evo. So if u plan to keep it as luck pet, dont let it evolve past 2nd evolution (u will have option to let it evolve when it gets lvl60 and u can keep saying No as an answer every time it lvls up after that). If u want it to be ridable pet, let it evolve to 3rd evolution.
Teippio

Next

Return to General