Dead Alt/Guild Member Boosting

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Dead Alt/Guild Member Boosting

Postby Naruto » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Recently I have encountered several players that have been dead guild member boosting:

While I remain neutral on the subject of guild member or alt boosting, dead guild member boosting is a negative in my book. From a logical perspective, it does not make sense that a dead person can gain experience (and even then it doesn't really make sense that a living person looking at another person can gain experience as watching someone kill something doesn't mean you will be able to kill the same thing but that's debatable).

Another point that I would like to make is that the guild member exp share was made for the purpose of two guild members sharing a room who cooperatively grind for mutual reward but this system has turned into a strong guild member doing all the work for a weaker guild member and while this in itself is not necessarily bad as it could be interpreted that the strong guild member is helping the weaker guild member by giving him a "boost" to help him gain an advantage in this competitive environment.

However, with dead guild members, they are simply sitting there with no effort on their part but are taking the exp of the stronger guild member. At least with a live guild member, they have to dodge the high leveled monsters or find a safe spot in the area that they are being boosted in.

I have two suggestions to resolve this problem, both equally effective:

(1) When a player dies, any and all exp cannot be leeched from fellow guild members.

(2) When a player dies, he has the pre-existing choice of instantly reviving and teleporting to the nearest heal centre. However, if he chooses not to instantly revive, the game will say: "Respawning in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0." On 0, the player will be automatically removed from the area and teleported to the nearest heal centre with their HP and MP restored.
Naruto

Re: Dead Alt/Guild Member Boosting

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Sometimes I need pictures of me dead for glitches. I have a tendancy to freak out sometimes when I die and wait a bit... So it's suggestion A for me.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Ky372 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:57 pm

I thought Robby fixed this that when you died, you didn't get any guild XP? =\

Anywho, sometimes when I'm really working an area, and building up a lot of coinage, I'll bring my alt in (who's dead in the area already), and let him keep the room active, so when I die, I can pick up my dropped money (even if it's only 15%). But still disagree with them getting any experience.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372

Postby Lu-Bu » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Ky372 wrote:I thought Robby fixed this that when you died, you didn't get any guild XP? =\

Anywho, sometimes when I'm really working an area, and building up a lot of coinage, I'll bring my alt in (who's dead in the area already), and let him keep the room active, so when I die, I can pick up my dropped money (even if it's only 15%). But still disagree with them getting any experience.

So you will leave the corpse of a alt there just laying down suffering pain Dieing slowly and just wants the pain to end Hes just on the floor bleeding out and you will just use him to Keep the room active No remorce sir :( :lol:
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwGN06 ... yCg/videos
Hail the king of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s
Lu-Bu

Postby Seta » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Dead players should not receive exp in my opinion.

How can you learn or exercise if you are dead, no DBZ answers please
Seta

Postby SlapThatChicken » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 pm

And this is why a "real" party system should have been in place, guild XP is too abusable cause they just need to be in the area and viola, free XP if they choose to do nothing or worse, stay dead when killed since they still get the XP even still...

In a real party system if the leader of the party caught that, they could just kick the person and there you go, no more leeching.

Well while fixing the dead thing would be nice, I still heavily against anyone getting XP just cause another guild member is in the area.
SlapThatChicken

Postby tabofabo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:21 pm

I have an idea. Let's call it "auto-revive" :idea: :idea: :idea: The died when dies he/she auto-goes to the revive place. Automatically without even asking :o
Credits to Lycanblade
Spoiler: show
tabofabo

Postby Zywak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:59 am

tabofabo wrote:The died when dies he/she auto-goes to the revive place.

Umm, no. Sometimes when i'm in the middle of a conversation while grinding and then die, i do not want to auto-revive...i want to wait for the answer they've been typing for half a minute already :) If i'm on the other side of the room they wont know i died and just post their short novel.
Zywak

Postby Seta » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 am

Zywak wrote:
tabofabo wrote:The died when dies he/she auto-goes to the revive place.

Umm, no. Sometimes when i'm in the middle of a conversation while grinding and then die, i do not want to auto-revive...i want to wait for the answer they've been typing for half a minute already :) If i'm on the other side of the room they wont know i died and just post their short novel.

Just PM them the situation, or ask them to chill in an area that is less dangerous to you to have a conversation.
Seta

Return to General