Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby SlapThatChicken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Guys, seriously I know its fun to mess with newer people, sometimes low defense ones, but did you honestly have to be doing this in every city spot that doesn't have a restriction now? I can imagine a few of you still doing this made sure some of these players never want to come back to the game again after probably coming back to the game or grinding and this happens.

Image

Loot stealing? that fine, kill stealing? sure, we do that sometimes, but this is just... nonsensical and show you really like to make Robby's work look really bad right now. Great way to show social interaction guys. They love when you drop them a spawn egg they cannot possibly handle. Especially when they don't even know what a spawn egg is yet.
SlapThatChicken
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 am

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Niobium » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 pm

firstly yes you are right it sucks for new players to die in town respawning at the towns hospital going outside and die again.

but

you really like to make Robby's work look really bad right now.

this is kinda ignorant or even a delusional thing to say.
fact is, he made it possible to drop them there.
every time a player who puts those eggs there to have some fun watching new players die over and over again
(no matter how screwed up that might be) generates money for robby.
and yes even if the player bought tickets from other players with coins and then got those eggs.
thing is, someone payed real money for those eggs that goes to robby.

so maybe you should be a little bit more considerate and think about statements ala "players are evil, praise the lord dev".

both parties are responsible for this situation but only 1 can realistically change it if he wants to.
but again why would he?...

(sidenote: I do actually like the fact the game isnt that "noob" friendly and spoon feds everyone and yes I myself still am a noob.)
Niobium
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Niobium wrote:fact is, he made it possible to drop them there.


I don't think that he intended for masses of noobs to be slaughtered in areas they belong in... That's why he added the restrictions in the first place. Towns were, at most, an oversight-- But of course we could be mistaken, maybe robby doesn't want new players coming for long enough to decide that they will invest in the payvault. (You've gotta be rich or dumb to invest in it before you reach fairyville).

...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic to make my point in a snide manner to make my point that calling SlapThatChicken ignorant or delusional was foolish, because you imply robby wants us to kill noobs where they belong.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9214
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Niobium » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 pm

mhh no, ofc I dont believe he "planned" us to use these eggs to kill new players.
I think he simply put them in to give the players the oppurtunity to play around with them.

but still the thing is, we dont know and my facts stated still holds true objectivly speaking.

if you or slapthatchicken know robby directly and have spoken with him then it changes some things and truth be told
makes me the ignorant one.

but still as long as it is possible to use those eggs to kill newbs I will not stand by holding my tounge if
someone tries to criticise the players and whorships the dev.

and yeah I am a fool :P
Niobium
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Dosko » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:10 am

Niobium wrote:mhh no, ofc I dont believe he "planned" us to use these eggs to kill new players.
I think he simply put them in to give the players the oppurtunity to play around with them.

but still the thing is, we dont know and my facts stated still holds true objectivly speaking.

if you or slapthatchicken know robby directly and have spoken with him then it changes some things and truth be told
makes me the ignorant one.

but still as long as it is possible to use those eggs to kill newbs I will not stand by holding my tounge if
someone tries to criticise the players and whorships the dev.

and yeah I am a fool :P


This is just wrong. Plain wrong.

I've discovered plenty of exploitable glitches and bugs in the game (thanks in part to 404) during my time in Helmet Heroes, and I made sure to keep quiet about them, not abuse them, and report them directly to Robby so that he could fix them. I didn't take advantage of them, and I certainly never thought to do so because it seemed like they were purposely placed there by Robby to "play around with".

You've already confessed your ignorance, but you hold on to your notions because nobody is able to provide you an absolute word from Robby that he wanted people to use the eggs to kill lower level players. Why? It's absurd. Don't do it.
Image
User avatar
Dosko
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby SlapThatChicken » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:12 am

Well, he did eventually restrict the mushroom village slaughter fest that happens with spawn eggs, that was just terrible since it the most likely location newbies will flock to.

Fairy ville is the next one on that list of most likely the city they reach first when starting out. The main thing I cannot understand is what is so great wasting tickets to kill newbies off in the first place? They really hurting Robby's reputation I just feel doing this and I don't want to see Robby's game get a bad rep just cause you can do terrible things to newbies like give them impossible to beat monsters.

I glad we don't have a spawn egg that can generate something like beholders yet, that would be a disaster.
SlapThatChicken
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 am

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Niobium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 am

Dosko wrote:
This is just wrong. Plain wrong.

ok.noted.

Dosko wrote:I've discovered plenty of exploitable glitches and bugs in the game (thanks in part to 404) during my time in Helmet Heroes, and I made sure to keep quiet about them, not abuse them, and report them directly to Robby so that he could fix them.

ehm yeah neither did I but that aside why do you bring bugs and glitches up here?
using eggs in FV is not a bug or glitch and that is basically proven by the restriction of those in mushville.


Dosko wrote:I didn't take advantage of them, and I certainly never thought to do so because it seemed like they were purposely placed there by Robby to "play around with".

again neither did I... uhm did you read my first line? I used the term "play around with" as a placeholder for all other things you can do with the eggs except abusing them to kill noobs...

Dosko wrote:You've already confessed your ignorance, but you hold on to your notions because nobody is able to provide you an absolute word from Robby that he wanted people to use the eggs to kill lower level players. Why? It's absurd. Don't do it.


you do realize that we all are kinda ignorant? one can call out someone for being obviously ignorant in a specific point but generally we are all more or less ignorant because "knowing" all facts about anything is impossible.

I hold on to my notions? uhm yeah totally, sry I lost it there, did you even read my post, which you even quoted whole?

the agnostic way of thinking is absurd? if you say so.

as slap said as soon as the restrictions reaches FV the problem is out of the world.
Niobium
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Dosko » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 am

Niobium wrote:you do realize that we all are kinda ignorant? one can call out someone for being obviously ignorant in a specific point but generally we are all more or less ignorant because "knowing" all facts about anything is impossible.

I hold on to my notions? uhm yeah totally, sry I lost it there, did you even read my post, which you even quoted whole?

the agnostic way of thinking is absurd? if you say so.


You can stop your pseudo-philosophical semantics, it's not impressing me. And I read your original post. It didn't impress me either.

You want a fact? This activity is pissing people off needlessly. That's a fact.
Image
User avatar
Dosko
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Niobium » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 am

Dosko wrote:
You can stop your pseudo-philosophical semantics, it's not impressing me. And I read your original post. It didn't impress me either.

You want a fact? This activity is pissing people off needlessly. That's a fact.


yeah, ofc I tried to impress you... mesiah complex much?

to argue pisses people off? needlessly? great insight there

wow.you won.clearly.I'm leaving. waste of time
Niobium
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 am

Niobium wrote:to argue pisses people off? needlessly? great insight there


While I don't agree with his point, I agree with his sarcastic remark here. Arguing is an umbrella term for constructive criticism in a more engaging way. :lol:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9214
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby Drewness » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 am

The really sad thing is they sound like actual victims of a natural disaster or something.

noob wrote:Why is this happening!?
-or-
What does this mean!?
-or-
I lost EVERYTHING!!!


I say this all while trying to suppress any form of laughter or a smile. :oops:

Is it funny? Sometimes and kinda, but IMHO it has reached a level of abuse a few times. I mean, 9 yellows in Fairyville, really!? Plus I really don't think "they" ever had any real intention on grinding. We all know the best place to grind, especially if you bought an egg(s), is where you can be alone or close to it.
Code: Select all
  ___  ___ _____      ___  _ ___ ___ ___
 |   \| _ \ __\ \    / / \| | __/ __/ __|
 | |) |   / _| \ \/\/ /| .` | _|\__ \__ \
 |___/|_|_\___| \_/\_/ |_|\_|___|___/___/
User avatar
Drewness
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Drewness wrote:The really sad thing is they sound like actual victims of a natural disaster or something.

player y wrote:Why is this happening!?
-or-
What does this mean!?
-or-
I lost EVERYTHING!!!


I say this all while trying to suppress any form of laughter or a smile. :oops:

Is it funny? Sometimes and kinda, but IMHO it has reached a level of abuse a few times. I mean, 9 yellows in Fairyville, really!? Plus I really don't think "they" ever had any real intention on grinding. We all know the best place to grind, especially if you bought an egg(s), is where you can be alone or close to it.


I completely agree, it's really not fair. Noobs BELONG in fairyville, spawn eggs are designed to keep noobs out of where they DONT belong. This is cruel and unfair, really.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9214
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Re: Fairyville the new spawn egg abuse

Postby SlapThatChicken » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Either way, it pretty sad I now go into cities with the expectation that the worst has happen (spawn eggs everywhere!).

It sad that I tell them that someone is allowed to place these things where they like (based on restrictions) and it instantly make them think of quitting the game before they even bother to get started.
SlapThatChicken
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 am


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests