Noob Cowboy, help me!

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Noob Cowboy, help me!

Postby Zeppex » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Someone help me in building a cowboy. I'm lvl 14. Where would be the best place to level up? Thx :D
Last edited by Zeppex on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeppex

Re: I'm noob, help me

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:30 pm

level 14?
mmmmmmmm its depended on your stats.. right now just add points for your artillery.. and level 14... orange bouncers maybe? or mushroom? i dont know your stats buy try those monsters
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Zeppex » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:09 pm

here
Attachments
hh.jpg
hh.jpg (119.54 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
hh.jpg
hh.jpg (119.54 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
Zeppex

Postby Ssstark » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Put some points in dexterity - more dexterity means more critical hits and more speed.
Ssstark

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Ssstark wrote:Put some points in dexterity - more dexterity means more critical hits and more speed.

in low levels its suck
i will show you why
dex isnt helping when you make low damage
example:
lets said you have 50 power and monste with 20 def
and you have 30 points to put at dex or at power
lets said that the critical is 450% (we ignore now from the swords)
or you make 30 damage at 90% of the time and 10% of the time 145 ar make 60 damage all the time..
also when you have dex you make very high damageso until you dont go to monster with high hp (the first monster with high hp is pumpkins) its useless
so in my opinion i think that dex you should add from level 80...
also in level 150 you maxed you dex so you had low range so to weak monster you make nice damage but t better monster you make low damage... so you need also to have high range for youe "base" damage will be high (dex is dependent on base damage (power+weapon-def of monsters) and power isnt depend on dex) so until you dont make high base damage or go to monsters with high hp its better to add to base damage or to mp hp def if you are warrior etc...but its just my opinion you can do what you want
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Ssstark wrote:Put some points in dexterity - more dexterity means more critical hits and more speed.

For reasons Plak said, terrible suggestion.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Zeppex » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Thx for the comments!
And items? any suggestions? place to level up? and get money? Thx
Zeppex

Postby MajesticOne » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 am

For a potato gunner, you should kill green walkers, but if they are to easy for you, try mushroom balls:)...By the way, do you know how to screenshot, anyone?
MajesticOne

Postby Zeppex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:33 pm

revolver. And now? Where i lvlup?
Attachments
hhr.jpg
hhr.jpg (120.31 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
Zeppex

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Zeppex wrote:revolver. And now? Where i lvlup?

try blue mushrooms if they are too weak go to the orange crazy and if they are too strong go to the crabs
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Re: Noob Cowboy, help me!

Postby crujen1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:40 pm

I still thinking adding SOME dex at early level is useful(plus critical damage skill). Notice I said some, and not all into dex. Some some SOME SOOOOME. With 100-150 dex by level 100, that should leave you at 220+(with equips) offensive stats. That is enough to train at Stalkers(163 def), goos(52 def), great frogs(120 def), leaflings(105 def), and block bots(145 def) with your amplified damage. So before someone bring up the "what about monsters with high def and hp!??!?!" again. So unless you're going to train at bricks monsters, drill bot, and glords at level 100, you aren't going to need anymore than 220 points in your offensive stats. And I found a level 116 with dex in their build. Thanks RoNoNMcKay for modeling :D

Ignore the damage on the left, that's the damage from someone who didn't add dex at all.

and

He's glowing red from taking damage from goos so don't mistake that for rage. BUT if you're wondering what his damage was with self rage, it spiked up to 1.2k.
Last edited by crujen1 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crujen1

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm

I find dexterity should come later, like in the level 80-100 point, so that way you have enough damage for a majority of the monsters in the game and able to kill them, but cause after that point you begin to fight high HP monsters, you need constant stream of critical hits to actually do enough damage to them in a reasonable pace.

Being a Cowboy, I think its best to get weapons that are not only good, but have good "shot per minute" so you can shoot fast, thus doing fast good damage, usually artillery stat will cover the damage you need also if you like to shoot fast, just a personal opinion on that to be honest, you can go for a single hard hitting shot weapon but I not particularly fond of the idea of it as cowboy are the only ones that can get rapid firing weapons.

So don't just get a weapon just cause it has awesome damage per hit, keep shots per minute in mind as well, I feel doing 10-20 damage early in the game but shooting much slower would actually instead hurt your damage. There also the fact fast firing weapons can keep the monsters pushed back easier.

For anyone around here am I wrong for thinking this?
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zeppex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm with 102 artillery, I can start up dex? how many points? 100? And skills? My bullet knockback is full and bullet distance is 17. Thx for the comments :D :D
Last edited by Zeppex on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeppex

Postby crujen1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:I find dexterity should come later, like in the level 80-100 point, so that way you have enough damage for a majority of the monsters in the game and able to kill them, but cause after that point you begin to fight high HP monsters, you need constant stream of critical hits to actually do enough damage to them in a reasonable pace.

Being a Cowboy, I think its best to get weapons that are not only good, but have good "shot per minute" so you can shoot fast, thus doing fast good damage, usually artillery stat will cover the damage you need also if you like to shoot fast, just a personal opinion on that to be honest, you can go for a single hard hitting shot weapon but I not particularly fond of the idea of it as cowboy are the only ones that can get rapid firing weapons.

So don't just get a weapon just cause it has awesome damage per hit, keep shots per minute in mind as well, I feel doing 10-20 damage early in the game but shooting much slower would actually instead hurt your damage. There also the fact fast firing weapons can keep the monsters pushed back easier.

For anyone around here am I wrong for thinking this?

Nope, I agree with you. Monsters after stalkers begin to spike in hp(brick monsters, drill bots, and what not) so it is important to have crit by then. I should clarify what I meant when I say adding some dex at early level. What I should have said instead is "add dex little by little so it'll cumulate over time". I've rarely seen level250+ cowboys using their designated weapon, but instead the chaingun(level 128) because of its 900 shot per minute which I'm sure is the highest. So yes, you're right.

Zeppex wrote:I'm with 102 artillery, I can start up dex? how many points? 100? Thx for the comments :D :D

People will tell you otherwise, but if you do decide to add dex, it is important to max out the 'critical damage skill'. With 100 dex, you'll have 33% crit rate. I like to have 50%(150dex) by level 100, but it's up to you really.
crujen1

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Wait until you are level 90, not 100 artillery. Then start unwraveling the dex.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

I'm Rich! hahaha

Postby Zeppex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:48 pm

I just sold a book of power, which items I buy to stay strong?
Zeppex

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 pm

wait for level 90
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby TheTylerLee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:30 pm

all of your first points should go into artillery until you get 100... and then get 25% crit rate... and then 200 artillery and 50% crit rate...

This is my build... i got more than the average ammount of books used on this guy *(Average for my level atleast)
TheTylerLee_1 in game
TheTylerLee

Return to General