Loot Stealing is Awesome

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Thu May 15, 2014 4:29 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:I'll admit too, I do a fair bit of "stealing" if you can call it that.
I do give it back, however the person must ask nicely within the first 3 things they say to me.
Usually I get a "hey thats mine"
Then swearing sets in and I decide to keep it.
If more people ran by this principle I think loot "stealing" would become acceptable.

Corpse robbing is when a person dies and you take the coins they drop, you wouldn't believe the amount of people who come back and demand you give them the coins they dropped. Sure the nice thing to do would be to return the money but it's not about being nice, especially when they expect you to give it to them.
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Thu May 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Exactly, I agree with you, if they ask nicely though instead of demand it back, at least every now and then give it to them.
It's becoming more and more rare people are polite in this game and it'd be a shame to drive all the sane people away because of incidents such as this.
Image
User avatar
SOUL_SLAYER
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Konrad » Thu May 15, 2014 4:53 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:Exactly, I agree with you, if they ask nicely though instead of demand it back, at least every now and then give it to them.
It's becoming more and more rare [that] people are polite in this game...

Ikr? <resentful sigh>
I bumped into a player who was smart enough to be abusive after I'd kindly returned his moenys:
coolboy12.png
What a nice guy.
coolboy12.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 949 times

He wasn't exactly polite in asking for (demanding) his coins back either. :roll:
Perhaps he was outraged that I dared to pick up his coins in the first place? Perhaps he'd rather forfeit 50% of his coins than have someone pick it up and return it to him? We'll never know...
User avatar
Konrad
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Naruto » Thu May 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Konrad wrote:
SOUL_SLAYER wrote:Exactly, I agree with you, if they ask nicely though instead of demand it back, at least every now and then give it to them.
It's becoming more and more rare [that] people are polite in this game...

Ikr? <resentful sigh>
I bumped into a player who was smart enough to be abusive after I'd kindly returned his moenys:
coolboy12.png

He wasn't exactly polite in asking for (demanding) his coins back either. :roll:
Perhaps he was outraged that I dared to pick up his coins in the first place? Perhaps he'd rather forfeit 50% of his coins than have someone pick it up and return it to him? We'll never know...


In my personal opinion, taking coins from a corpse is perfectly acceptable and a legitimate thing to do as the player who died is virtually unable to pick it up their lost profits due to being dead.

However, if they return to the area and request for their money to be returned, it should be in a respectful way as it was their own negligence and inexperience that resulted in their death.

The good thing to do would be to return the money to the player who had lost it but if the player comes across as rude and demanding, then you ultimately have the right to ignore their claims to their own self triggered loss of profits.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The reason why I deem loot stealing as a bad thing is because players who have maxed out loot steal have an equal opportunity to loot dropped rightfully by another player when they do not have the combat power to take down the monster themselves.

While it can be argued that players do in fact have to invest time and points into the loot stealer skill, the amount of special skill points required to max out loot steal is 45.

As there is no level limit/locks, a potential level 45 could wander into an elite area such as Beholders and Kreetons and have equal claim to the loot dropped there by players who actually invest a lot more time into building up power in offense to kill said monsters.

People who take loot from players who rightfully earn it are essentially parasites and cowards in the game.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Wed May 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Naruto wrote:The reason why I deem loot stealing as a bad thing is because players who have maxed out loot steal have an equal opportunity to loot dropped rightfully by another player when they do not have the combat power to take down the monster themselves.

While it can be argued that players do in fact have to invest time and points into the loot stealer skill, the amount of special skill points required to max out loot steal is 45.

As there is no level limit/locks, a potential level 45 could wander into an elite area such as Beholders and Kreetons and have equal claim to the loot dropped there by players who actually invest a lot more time into building up power in offense to kill said monsters.

That level 45 would have the potential to get the stuff from that area but at the horrible price of not having skill points invested in anything else. Less abilities and perks makes it harder to kill monsters and in turn hurts their ability to level. Even with maxed loot steal in that situation they can only really get the loot once in a while versus the other player who kills the monster that has a chance to get said loot whenever he farms along with the exp from killing the monster.

WHEN they witness an item drop if people are even in the same area they have equal opportunity to grab said item if they are lucky but it's not like they are getting the same amount of high level drops on a regular basis as the person killing the monster.

in the end loot steal would actually hinder the level 45 more than the other player because while the 45 levels at a slower rate the other player only loses an item here or there that they get on a pretty regular basis anyway.
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Lu-Bu » Wed May 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Seta wrote:i am so sick of the whiny babies that feel the need to cry about looters on a weekly basis. Loot steal gives this game an extra level of flavor. Lets talk about the low level looters going into areas where they can't damage monsters for a second, if you think about it they are hurting themselves more than they are hindering you because instead of gaining exp that would allow them to wear better equipment and become stronger in general they are wasting their time trying to get something from someone else that might not even drop.

As for the people that don't manage to pick up everything from the enemies they kill and complain, they usually don't need most of it anyway. Most of the stuff either gets sold once their inventory is filled and turned into money for better equipment or spent on books, people rarely equip loot dropped from monsters i mean is it really that bad to spend a little more time waiting for something else to drop? i have lost books to other players before which is the worse thing you can lose in my opinion, honestly it isn't that bad and i can still kill things at a decent speed. i find it especially pathetic and funny when people make a big deal about coins.

i get loot steal really helps warriors but i do not think it should be exclusive to them and like that it is a global skill. Some of the more well known famous thieves are mages and/or archers(look at Robin Hood), some warriors even follow a code that prevents acts of dishonor and such behavior so really anyone can be a thief and that's part of the excitement. The big advantage is being next to the things they kill from their base attack cooldown and superior defense of their equipment. i agree that Warriors need a boost but there are much better ways to go about it.

Not always but sometimes when a person has their loot stolen from them it is their own fault because they leave behind a pile of coins and/or items because they WANT to keep killing monsters instead of stopping to pick up items even though it's perfectly safe to do so because they are invested in getting more kills in before someone else, but that's really part of the trade off.

i say we should have ONE thread about the cons of loot steal, sticky it and hopefully it will be done with. i get a lot of people don't like loot steal but we really don't need X amount of threads about it with slightly different names on a regular basis.



THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM ITEM ITS NOT LIKE U WILL NEVER SEE ONE AGAIN I UNDERSTAND IF ITS A BOOK BUT STILL STOP WHINEING I HAVE MAXED LOOT STEALER WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO USE IT ON OH YEA U SO PLZ NOOBS PROS AND WHINERS PLZ STOP WHINEING AND JUST DEAL WITH LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Lu-Bu on Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwGN06 ... yCg/videos
Hail the king of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s
User avatar
Lu-Bu
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 pm
Location: Just chilling back at my roots

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Wed May 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM ITEM ITS NOT LIKE U WILL NEVER SEEONE AGAIN I UNDERSTAND IF ITS A BOOK BUT STILL STOP WHINEING I HAVE MAXED LOOT STEALER WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO USE IT ON OH YEA U SO PLZ NOOBS PROS AND WHINERS PLZ STOP WHINEING AND JUST DEAL WITH LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM [/quote]

Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM I


Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM


Lu-Bu wrote: DUM
Image
User avatar
SOUL_SLAYER
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby plak&shlak » Wed May 21, 2014 5:54 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:
Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM ITEM ITS NOT LIKE U WILL NEVER SEEONE AGAIN I UNDERSTAND IF ITS A BOOK BUT STILL STOP WHINEING I HAVE MAXED LOOT STEALER WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO USE IT ON OH YEA U SO PLZ NOOBS PROS AND WHINERS PLZ STOP WHINEING AND JUST DEAL WITH LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM


Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM I


Lu-Bu wrote:THANK YOU IM TIRED TO OF HEY ILL BANNED U IF U DONT GIVE ME MY ITEM BACK THEY ARE SO WHINY IM SICK OF THE BABYS WHO JUST CANT DEAL WITH LOSEING A DUM


Lu-Bu wrote: DUM

DUM
ImageImage
User avatar
plak&shlak
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am
Location: israel

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Mariofan1 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:40 pm

dumb* sir pls spell k
User avatar
Mariofan1
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:40 pm

plak&shlak wrote:DUM

Plak, it's really funny to see you try to make fun of the spelling and/or grammar of someone else.

Especially when you try to guilt trip people that have done it to you, also you can try to hide behind the fact English isn't your first language but it doesn't absolve you from being a hypocrite. "i thought you were nice guy"
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby camptimus » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:06 pm

There is so many things wrong with this thread....It went from being something legitimate to whining from all sides. Yes I have loot steal maxed, would I do it again now at my level probably not but it was nice earlier. Most of the time now its more annoying to me as i accidentally pick up something from someone without intending too(space then quick E is now habit in this game) so when i don't get the kill it wastes more of my time giving the item back. But I love having it when I come across people being rude to others players for no apparent reason, then i just follow them around awhile take everything i can. But I think one very important thing that seems to have been missed by a lot of people is the fact that this is just a game and loot steal is a part of it. That's a fact and will stay that way unless it's ever removed.
Spend less time crying about the game and more time playing it!!!
KCCO
Camptimus
camptimus
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby kreludor949 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:25 pm

Seta wrote:
Naruto wrote:Saying it is rightfully theirs is an opinion, not a fact. Both whine, both feel entitled.

They look the same to me


So according to you, you have a rightful entitlement to loot that drops if someone else kills it?

If we were to apply this to real life, say if you were spending time to work for your money, how would you feel if a stranger was to take away that hard earned money from you just because they felt that they had a rightful entitlement to it?

If we were allowed to take what others worked hard for because we feel like we are entitled to it then no one in this world would have the incentive to work anymore because anything that we work for could be taken away. You're sounding a little bit like a Communist there, Seta, take from the rich and distribute to the poor for fair equality and so that everyone has a similar lifestyle. Except for the fact that you're not distributing that money to anywhere or anyone but yourself.


its ok this game is full of little children who cannot grasp the fundamental concepts of philosophy. the loot stealer skill is by nature toxic and should be removed. no idea why robby decided it was a good idea to implement it. the best course of action for change in any game is to abuse the game's own rules until the creator is forced to do something about it.

conclusion: we can't really do much about it
kreludor949
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:17 pm

kreludor949 wrote:
Seta wrote:
Naruto wrote:Saying it is rightfully theirs is an opinion, not a fact. Both whine, both feel entitled.

They look the same to me


So according to you, you have a rightful entitlement to loot that drops if someone else kills it?

If we were to apply this to real life, say if you were spending time to work for your money, how would you feel if a stranger was to take away that hard earned money from you just because they felt that they had a rightful entitlement to it?

If we were allowed to take what others worked hard for because we feel like we are entitled to it then no one in this world would have the incentive to work anymore because anything that we work for could be taken away. You're sounding a little bit like a Communist there, Seta, take from the rich and distribute to the poor for fair equality and so that everyone has a similar lifestyle. Except for the fact that you're not distributing that money to anywhere or anyone but yourself.


its ok this game is full of little children who cannot grasp the fundamental concepts of philosophy. the loot stealer skill is by nature toxic and should be removed. no idea why robby decided it was a good idea to implement it. the best course of action for change in any game is to abuse the game's own rules until the creator is forced to do something about it.

conclusion: we can't really do much about it

it's funny when someone who is only 19 calls other people children. Many things could be considered toxic, are you one of those people that complains there's violence in videogames? Should people not kill each other in PVP because it could be considered toxic behavior by some?

i think sometimes it's better to have the darker aspects, instead of pretending they don't exist.

imagine what a Starwars MMO game would be like if people couldn't play as the Sith because some would consider their actions morally wrong
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Seta wrote:i think sometimes it's better to have the darker aspects, instead of pretending they don't exist.


*high five*
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby kreludor949 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Seta wrote:
kreludor949 wrote:
its ok this game is full of little children who cannot grasp the fundamental concepts of philosophy. the loot stealer skill is by nature toxic and should be removed. no idea why robby decided it was a good idea to implement it. the best course of action for change in any game is to abuse the game's own rules until the creator is forced to do something about it.

conclusion: we can't really do much about it

it's funny when someone who is only 19 calls other people children. Many things could be considered toxic, are you one of those people that complains there's violence in videogames? Should people not kill each other in PVP because it could be considered toxic behavior by some?

i think sometimes it's better to have the darker aspects, instead of pretending they don't exist.

imagine what a Starwars MMO game would be like if people couldn't play as the Sith because some would consider their actions morally wrong


but there are alot of children in this game. the issue at hand is to keep with the themes of HH and create a healthy game that best suits it's desired audience. if you want to play hardcore games then go play man hunt or path of exile on hardcore mode. yes it's true many things can be considered so but with PVP, it's not essential in the advancement of your character, while farming for gold and items is and if an exterior force acts on you in a negative manner then its not your problem, it's the instigators. by your rationality, i can swear all i want to the younger ones and verbally abuse them in any manner i want and that's better because it's a dark aspect that i enjoy?

it's your own opinion to say that stealing is ok but obviously others disagree
kreludor949
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:53 pm

kreludor949 wrote:
Seta wrote:
kreludor949 wrote:
its ok this game is full of little children who cannot grasp the fundamental concepts of philosophy. the loot stealer skill is by nature toxic and should be removed. no idea why robby decided it was a good idea to implement it. the best course of action for change in any game is to abuse the game's own rules until the creator is forced to do something about it.

conclusion: we can't really do much about it

it's funny when someone who is only 19 calls other people children. Many things could be considered toxic, are you one of those people that complains there's violence in videogames? Should people not kill each other in PVP because it could be considered toxic behavior by some?

i think sometimes it's better to have the darker aspects, instead of pretending they don't exist.

imagine what a Starwars MMO game would be like if people couldn't play as the Sith because some would consider their actions morally wrong


but there are alot of children in this game. the issue at hand is to keep with the themes of HH and create a healthy game that best suits it's desired audience. if you want to play hardcore games then go play man hunt or path of exile on hardcore mode. yes it's true many things can be considered so but with PVP, it's not essential in the advancement of your character, while farming for gold and items is and if an exterior force acts on you in a negative manner then its not your problem, it's the instigators. by your rationality, i can swear all i want to the younger ones and verbally abuse them in any manner i want and that's better because it's a dark aspect that i enjoy?

it's your own opinion to say that stealing is ok but obviously others disagree

i've never been a fan of censorship, instead of trying to hide truth parents should take the time to teach their kids the difference between right and wrong. Watching the people around me throughout my life i learned trying to hide such things from kids in many cases leads them growing up obsessed with the same thing(s) the parents were trying to protect their kids from in the first place when their kids are finally exposed to it later on in life with no knowledge on the subject(s). Probably because instead of learning how to deal with and/or treat it in a mature and/or responsible manner they just know that their parents didn't want them around it and don't know the appropriate behaviors or etiquettes that some consider common sense. This isn't always the case but i have seen it happen a lot.

i'm not saying to take it to extremes either but i don't think exposer in small degrees will corrupt the youth either.

This game may welcome children but it is meant for all ages, the payvault system that helps fund this game i imagine is mainly supported by adults or teens responsible enough to have jobs.

it seems like you are more upset with the fact that it's a factor that can hinder the advancement of your character than you are about it being considered "toxic behavior".

i never said my opinion was that stealing is okay. i think stealing in videogames can be cool but i know there is a difference between stealing in real life and doing it in a videogame.

Furthermore i'm fine with people agreeing or disagreeing with me, everyone has their on views and beliefs but you have to remember because of differences in opinions it's also okay to debate.
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby plak&shlak » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Seta wrote:
plak&shlak wrote:DUM

Plak, it's really funny to see you try to make fun of the spelling and/or grammar of someone else.

Especially when you try to guilt trip people that have done it to you, also you can try to hide behind the fact English isn't your first language but it doesn't absolve you from being a hypocrite. "i thought you were nice guy"

to be real.. i didnt laugh about him.. i didnt know what he try to said.. i didnt know he wanted to say dumb.. i just said dum cause also slayer write it.. also i have probs in long words in english so why i will laugh people if i also have this prob?
ImageImage
User avatar
plak&shlak
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am
Location: israel

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:43 am

Just some more stuff said that i think should be in this thread

Also with the point about self knockback from the cowboys i considered it a weakness at first to but after talking with a cowboy he told me he uses it to his advantage on slopes where other classes would be pulled towards mobs because of gravity he can actually fight against it.
Seta wrote:
Naruto wrote:I had suggested that the loot stealer skill if according to what you should say because of the class imbalance should become exclusive to warriors but you have refuted that fact. If I say remove the loot stealer skill or have a negative consequence for using it, you say that it is unfair towards warriors but if I say make it exclusive to warriors, you say that anyone can be a thief. Please clarify exactly what you want.
Seta wrote:Loot steal as of now is the only skill that makes you work to compete against others to get any use out of it after paying the skill points for it and even then you get shunned by a large group of people, in example people in Dunamus hate looters as far as i can tell and people even put up a list with marking the "Scumbags" of society.

Yes, but what does shunning exactly do? Nothing. Even after I have created the Loot Stealer List to cause awareness about well known loot stealers, people are ultimately still negatively affected by it as awareness does not prevent the action of loot stealing.

Shunning causes certain people to not like or respect you. in some cases like with itblobboy people will actually make it part of their mission to try to troll and/or annoy you.

The point isn't to nerf loot stealing to the point where it becomes useless, that'd almost be like if they decided to keep nerfing the Sith in a Starwars MMO simply because their actions are considered evil or unhonorable. That's not balance.

in this aspect i don't think people should be punished simply because they choose to indulge in their darker side.

Loot steal already comes with its own setbacks. For one loot stealers will probably never earn a place of prestige or respect among the community, when people like you sometimes they will try to help you out for example:
Here is a response Caefer gave to a newbie on the forums
Caefer wrote:Your level headed behavior, good English and strong grasp on what is socially acceptable by the good players of the game have made me like you. See me in-game sometime, i have something for you.

~Caefer


People who don't invest skill points in loot steal have other places to put them to improve themselves with skill based attacks or passive skill perks earlier on. To max Loot Steal requires 45 points so if they do it early they have to deal with not having attack or passive skills for their beginning stages and if they don't do it early on they are higher in level which makes it require more exp to level so they would have to wait even longer for it. 45 skill points may not seem like a lot but when you compare it to other skills with caps you will see that over half the existing ones can be maxed out before investing that many points.

Another drawback is even when maxed people still HAVE to compete with others to get any real use out of it versus other skills that simply just improve you. So if no one else is around it does nothing for you.

Wanting to punish someone with in game mechanics because of the moral path they choose seems a bit bias to me.

Naruto wrote:In real life you steal something, you get caught and there are consequences. In GTA, you start shooting civilians, the police see you and you're a wanted man with a shoot on site order. You do bad things and there are consequences. Why should it not be different in Helmet Heroes? I'm not requesting a complete removal of this Loot Stealer skill because there is the free will of action but there needs to be a consequence to those that take away something that does not belong to them.

if you get caught, you're probably not a very good thief and deserve to get punished for it, putting max points into loot steal makes me think you should be considered a master thief. Civilians are NPCs, people can stop you from loot stealing by being faster on the draw and as i listed before loot steal already comes with it's own setbacks and there's already quite a few compared to other skills which have none aside from spending the skill points for them.
Naruto wrote:Disrespect and hate from players won't make the loot stealers stop their looting. Loot stealers don't care about respect from the community. Respect from the community gains favors like the one that Caefer has said but these are one time things and if I was a loot stealer, why should I care about what the community thinks of me as long as I can get a more or less constant supply of loot taken from other players? I'll just wipe away the hate I get with the moeny I get from your hard earned loot.

it's not meant to stop them but they aren't getting the benefits from being a well respected player either. i imagine if you are disliked you will have a harder time gathering a team together to help them with things like fighting the Kreetus. Respected players get other things besides the prestige and handouts, they are more likely to get invited to a big name guild which in turn probably has triple money, also it's a different type of social experience. A lot of people say being willing to do hard work is often its own reward.
Naruto wrote:Who cares about not having attack or passive skill perks earlier on? If loot steal is maxed, the loot stealer only has to select someone strong with a luck pet and double drop and follow them around and then take their loot when the chance arises. Attack and passive skill perks are not even necessary in the first 100 levels. As one of the players who started playing in the original Helmet Heroes before there was even a skill system, I can assure you that with old fashioned smashing of the space bar to grind, most of the skills present aren't even necessary to becoming successful in this game. Before the skill update there were a few level 200's, (Jerek, YL, all the players on the Top 5 Leaderboard when the Achievement Hall did not exist) those players made it there without any skills so not having skills at an earlier level does not matter at all.

The drawback you stated about people not being around and the skill being useless is pretty much pointless. This game has a constant player on server amount of at least 200 at any given time, at least 1 out of 200 of players would be strong enough to leech off. Of course this idea would seem biased to you, as you are one of the people employing it on a daily basis and if something suggested contradicts with what you believe in, it would seem wrong and subjectively biased.

Whether you admit it or not having skills earlier on can be a big deal, for one skills is part of what makes this game fun in the first place especially for someone new who wants to experience every aspect of their character class. Sure a loot stealer can choose a person with all that stuff but it won't matter if they don't have the speed and reflexes to keep up and beat them to the loot. Attack and passive skills technically aren't required late game either but they help make the game fun and easier in certain aspects so in that instance not having skills later doesn't matter either, so take this into account just because things aren't necessary doesn't mean they aren't fun to use which is why people invest points into them in the first place. Sure if you look around you can find someone to try to loot steal but how many of those 200 people are going to be worth looting, many of them may be weaker than you so really that would be a complete waste of time. i think many people have experienced dominating a room and having it to yourself, in this instance you are alone with your preferred grinding monster and you have a perk that is no longer doing anything for you until another challenger arrives.

The original players may not have had skills when they started but you also have to remember that they also didn't have to compete in rooms against other people who did have use of skills when they didn't. if you still don't think skills are a factor then do a skill reset and try to grind competitively against people of the same level who are using skills.

i believe it's biased because it's an idea that people should be punished for this skill simply because some consider it morally wrong. imagine if the Sith wanted the Jedi Nerfed in a Starwars MMO not because they consider them OP but because they have a different moral viewpoint.

Also just because a person invest points in loot steal doesn't mean they will be good at it. if they are slow and don't plan out their looting path well they might not get anything out of it at all except 45 wasted skill points.
itblobboy wrote:... Right...

...

But it's annoying, you see... In helmet heroes, things are different... You know, because we can't stab them for it...

But if you think about it in that case they'd probably stab you back, or stab you first for that matter.
itblobboy wrote:To be fair, if they're getting loot steal in the first place they are probably intending to use it rather than grinding.

Actually, i think people will still want to do both.
itblobboy wrote:Loot steal does bring a lot to the table.

Including area teleport noobs at repguanas stealing my dino shield...

Hey it means they are spending tickets so i see that more as supporting the game than i do as it being a problem.
The sooner tickets get used up the sooner people will have to spend real money to get them back into circulation.

A lot of times on these threads people complain that it is Warriors that usually steal from them but that in itself is really only one factor. i think it's exciting knowing that anyone one around me could be a potential thief.
Sintoque wrote:I still do not understand why luck from pet and pet's gear have any relation to Loot Steal skills. If you really want to punish them, the loot stealers, just (suggest to) increase skill points for loot stealer from 1 point currently to may be 3 points. That should make someone would think twice about spending their skill points for loot steal and discourage newbie to choose to become a loot stealer. I don't see any relation between luck and loot steal.

Image

We all hate them so much when our high value loot get stolen, but I say leave the Loot Stealer Skill there, it is part of the game that has shaped Helmet Heroes as it is now. I personally need them to be there, since that is one way to tell the other player is worth their salt to be helped, become friends or just a despicable scum. When they stole from me I keep their name in notepad, and any future request (chat/friendship/give-out) from this player would be denied and ignored. I don't need to pester the game developer to change the game design, I can punish them myself.

Skill point is hard to come by, you get only 1 per level, no book drop and the price for special skill book is almost 4 times more expensive than normal. Someone who spent their special skills on Loot Steal when they realized they have made a mistake will need a skill/ability reset to resolve their bad choice. They need tickets and this is good for the game.

I have the luxury to max that skills, but I find it would be useless anyway. So for the newbies, take note. When you steal, you have showed no respect for others, and in return you will not be respected.

i agree with most of what Sintoque had to say except the part about increasing the amount of skill points needed.


i think 1 per level is pretty fair considering each increase in level only effects the wait time by 0.07 seconds.
SlapThatChicken wrote:It just in my opinion you should have a skill to counter thieves cause if you can catch thieves in the act in real life, why not in a game? An unskilled thief (basically no loot steal skill) would have a lot of trouble trying to get a item from someone who watching out for that kind of thing (maxed anti-loot steal basically).

it's true people should be able to increase their alertness, but you have to remember that realistically there's no limit to skill and therefore you should not be able to max out either skill for it to make sense.

infinite levels of both skills to make it fair and realistic
SlapThatChicken wrote:infinite would be utterly broken, if someone can just make the loot steal eventually be where you can just up and take something without even waiting and you can get pretty close to that already.

It don't need infinite leveling, that would give all those that level 200+ way too much of a advantage over those just now trying to reach high end stats by taking all their money/loot without fail since more than likely, those lv200+ guys have their defense really high, they can just sit and watch for the kill shot from weaker people, steal all loot and not have to do any work whatsoever if they wanted to even though they can most likely just kill the mobs themselves. Would also be the best tool to make people rage quit since money eventually becomes the main way to improve your characters, not levels.

Sure if there was a way to infinite level a prevention measure against it, we could stop that but that would make people unable to invest elsewhere out of fear of losing loot.

No, I think just up to what level the loot steal is with the same timer increase/decrease is just fine, it would be too hard to balance it out well if it infinite.

That's realistic though, people have to make a trade off somewhere. As is with loot steals current max(45) people have to wait almost no time at all to steal loot but that's because they choose to be thieves and miss out on investing their skill points in other places.

The compromise of infinite levels does help though because to maintain that 0 second steal time window they have to be at least 45 skill points higher than the anti-loot steal skill.

Sure higher level people will have the advantage but that's the way it is with everything else as well if you think about it. Offense, defense, special abilities.

You also have to remember that people have too keep investing in loot steal as well to keep up so it's not exactly one sided. it's called compromise

Also you act like just because a person has equal chance to grab loot that they will get it every time, that's just not the case unless you're slow. i think people would rather get the kills themselves for the exp than simply wait and watch, and even in the unlikely event that they do that just means more exp for you.
SlapThatChicken wrote:Not if it just a alt made specifically for loot stealing, which mean their main doesn't suffer at all, if no one camping the spot their alt is stealing all the loot from, then they can use their main right then to change it up, clever but evil tactic cause people generally rage quit if can't get any loot whatsoever.

People in higher levels have a good advantage already, yes, but one of the top reason for that is eventually they just have nowhere skill wise to invest into, which mean all that extra gonna end up toward loot stealing or prevention if they wanted to.

As for exp... this holds true in the early levels but once books are affordable which is unfortunately eventually the main focus point of the game when getting stronger, the loot is FAR valuable, getting 0.3% exp to your total needed but losing out on a loot that could sell for 50k+ is just bad, it in a sense just mean you just lost 1 stat book you could have gotten, while the other guy reaps the benefit.

The main does suffer though, 45 points above someone else is a lot to maintain. instead of being content and investing into other things they have to keep doing loot steal. Even later on there are other skills that can be leveled up infinitely, some people may not even focus on loot steal or anti-loot steal at all. i have heard many people complain that noobs steal their item(s) and that they don't deserve it because they can not fight the monster themselves well this takes that excuse away from them.

Some people ragequit, others realize they are going to have to find another area if they want to maintain a certain stream of exp and items but that's basically how the game already is anyway. Higher levels have the option dominate an area, it's part of the fun.

People at higher levels are meant to have an advantage, that's the whole point of leveling up.

He might be able to reap the benefit but his loot steal skill would have to be much higher than your anti-loot skill and even in that scenario he only has equal chance that you do.

This compromise still hurts loot stealers because before they could just max out the skill and forget about it but now they will have to keep investing to be the best thief out there.

if someone works to be a better thief than you do as an alert guard than maybe the deserve the item more than you.
SlapThatChicken wrote:Well it pretty easy to play a warrior build that has nothing but loot steal while farming so if you are getting beat, you can grab every loot with no issue.

Honestly just don't think its a good idea, you can run people out the game maybe perhaps forever if its bad enough that they just not progressing, it pretty easy to turn your loot button into a rapid fire mode and just nab everything while being a crazy tank unable to take damage, people is definitely going to be hostile about that as it just ruins the point of trying to even get kills.

Do they deserve the item if they get it by stealing? Game design yes, it is healthy for the game? Nope, it rage inducing, make people leave, etc. Might as well throw in a payvault option that magnetize a loot you can steal soon as it available lol (i joking there obviously).

Warriors don't have much else going for them, their lack of range makes it hard for them to grind or PVP. in a way they need loot more than the other classes in my opinion.

Loot steal is part of what made me interested in this game. Also you get booted for trying to spam the E button, try it i think you get one warning. i know this from when i first started and couldn't pick up a coin that was on my screen.

Even with loot steal this game seems to have thrived so far but as a paying customer(Someone who bought tickets with real money and plans on possibly doing so again in the future) i can say without loot steal i might actually lose interest.
SlapThatChicken wrote:True but if this is all warriors got for them, they need a buff, not be thieves which is not really a warrior's way.

You can technically spam E all you want, all you have to do is find a way to make it rapidfire only when you pressing it, you can't get a warning at all if there even is one, even still it not all that hard to start mass pressing it right when a monster dies while someone recovers from attack animation with exception of anyone already at the monster's faces.

If loot steal a big thing to some players and the rate that this game is going, they might as well start making all areas a PvP area passed newbie spots since everyone like to steal anything, kills, loot, money, get you killed on purpose for money... etc... etc... I could go on and on, it not a friendly environment in this game to be honest lol.

Maybe for holy knights but not all Warriors follow the same code look at barbarians, they are pretty much known for LOOTING and pillaging. Being a good Warrior does not automatically make the same person a bad thief, people are known to have more than one skillset and everyone has there own beliefs when it comes to morals. Try looking up the Vikings some time if you don't think Warriors Loot from others.

Warriors do need some serious buffs but for now having an easier time with this is one of the few things they have going for them. They can choose to follow a code and not be thieves but realistically they should have the option.

This game has a lot of friendly people to be honest regardless of the skill which has been around for a long time now, some are loot thieves and others aren't but to me the annoying ones are the cheaters, the beggars, and sometimes the whiners. Well pressing E when a monster dies is pretty much common sense, it makes sense that you can get booted for holding it or pressing it over and over for no reason but in hopes that an item might drop near you.

My advice in your own words is be ready at the monsters face when you make the kill. You don't have to be a Warrior to get a kill up close, i'm an Archer and i do it all the time. You don't even have to resort to this all the time, just when a loot thief is near by. Not being a coward can sometimes lead to death if the game is lagging but most of the time it pays off. Also i've run off a few loot thieves by kill stealing them a lot , trust me it's not always the case but usually in my experience if they can't get a decent flow of exp they often get frustrated and leave the area.
joog123 wrote:Press the E button faster

pressing the E button can flagged our accounts try it in-game.

I wonder why it has to be like that, pressing or spamming it faster can flagged our accounts since the game is like gold rush anywhere.

i meant when loot drops press E faster than the pther person not simply pressing E mindlessly over and over before anything has even appeared.
Ky372 wrote:Dude, you either have to hold E for like 10 seconds or spam it for 10 seconds to make it come up with that warning... I spam E all the time when a noob is near and I just took out tons of Lotus Eyes, never gotten a warning message (and when you've got 6 lotus eyes all dropping money and items, you're hitting E a lot to get it before they can)

Basically what this guy said
kreludor949 wrote:atleast have the anti looting skill capped at level 45 just like the looting one. if i have enough points to trade away to prevent stealing then it's fair that i should be immune to the effects of instant stealing.

in my opinion that's a childish way to look at things. To me that's almost like saying well Attack and Defense should have caps and if i invest enough points into Defense then i should be immune to Attack damage even if they have their Attack stat maxed out because i have enough points traded into preventing damage.
SlapThatChicken wrote:Something wrong there to me if archers/mage/cowboy are good at a distance but with other players they force to fight point blank? Provided we can choose to play safe and lose out to those that decided to play a thief way.

Warrior classes and there is games that make thief class specifically for stealing. Most times warriors are known for their very good up close and personal combat skills, if all they can do best is steal, they actually just normal thief.

The game has a lot of friendly people... until everyone has to start steal killing which I should mention you can find this anywhere, then comes the loot stealing to go with it if they even get a kill before the other does. Cowboys suffer the most from this cause they go backward away from their mobs per shot which makes them less closer to their own loot.

I already most times kill a point blank when other people are around, sometimes though the pushback when attacking is enough to not be able to loot in time cause i got to wait to stop shooting, then i got to move up just a little closer, meanwhile, a warrior trying to be a thief just stood on it, and took the loot, now this is just a example scenario and no way happens all the time, but it gives you a idea how sometimes even that isn't enough, I suppose now I come this far with this is my real issue is this is more unfair for cowboys than any other class cause when we shoot, we get push back away from mobs, which means the loot is further away. Still bad for anyone though, just cowboys suffer quite a bit.

That is one of the few drawbacks of playing it safe man, haven't you ever heard "no risk, no reward"? Besides most of the time you can still get loot and get kills doing it the chicken way.

Being thieves don't make them any less of a Warrior in my opinion. Yes they have the most advantage as thieves of the current four classes but that doesn't mean it's all they have to be about, also they can choose to invest in other things as well or instead and choose to not be thieves at all. Warriors who just stand there and wait without attacking lose out on the exp they would have gotten if they did attack.

Cowboys have range and speed on their side, sorry that should come with some type of drawback in my opinion.
kreludor949 wrote:there are drawbacks, they are fragile like mages and their AoE skills are significantly weaker than any other classes.
i also don't think it's fair to compare utility skills to raw stats, there should be a cap on utility skills otherwise ud have people jumping 22 ft in the air and the sorts. of course anti looting wouldn't have to increase the loot protection time , it could just counter act the effects of loot steal's time reduction

cowboys only have attack speed, not any other speed. even then the speed is there so that thier DPS can match warrior's heavy slow damages. cowboys do have range yes but it is outclassed by archers and in terms of non-linear range like 360 degree coverage, mages and archers defeat them.

as for your scenario, the warrior would just attack the monster, pushing it back, forcing cowboys to take damage and take the item once it dies. it gives them both exp and the loot.

Being fragile doesn't matter if there's never any reason to get up close. One class isn't suppose to completely overshadow the others even though Mages pretty much do, but you have to remember there are advantages to being an Archer over a Cowboy just like there's advantages to being a Cowboy over an Archer. Archers can beat Cowboys just like Cowboys can defeat Archers.

Certain skills need a cap, but it makes sense that others don't. Rigorous training and a few other skills have no caps. it would still counter the effects of loot steal, it just wouldn't make the skill obsolete. it would come down to who has the higher skill stat and even then you would have to factor in who pressed the button first.

People who want to remain thieves would have to give up more skill points instead of investing them in other places.

Warriors heavy slow damage doesn't count for much when there's someone with ranged type attacks that can one shot the monsters in the room. Doesn't matter how high a Warriors strength stat is when in the presence of a Cowboy who can one shot the strongest enemy in the room.
SlapThatChicken wrote:Erm, there a cap on skills to prevent the game from going completely out of Robby's control I'm sure, he rather not wake up one morning for work to see a massive amount of complaints of alts going around with super defense with 500+ skill points invested into loot stealing so they can't ever fail to steal in time as long as the button is mashed when the monster dies. There enough players around to completely play the game as a thief with infinite loot stealing and always be able to improve your stats/skills while someone you stole from many many many times is not improving at all cause he can't even get one-two loot to get him/her a book.

It pretty hard to argue with the no risk, no reward thing, but it makes skills like knockback pretty much useless cause everyone will eventually want the mobs in their faces when looters show up, oh well, I can't really see that changing too well since even with a 4 second timer, may not make it when going more for reach.

Exp won't matter if you can steal enough loot to make over 500k+ in about roughly 1-2 hours as a example, why get exp if you can just buff yourself with books? There is many players that prove level at the end, is just a number, still reflects how long you been playing and most likely stats you have, but still a number later on.

Can't argue with that drawback thing, though when one shotting with the other 4 classes, this may start to be a problem if all 4 has loot steal at max.

i'm not saying certain skills shouldn't have a cap, i'm just saying it's good that some of them don't. Even someone with an absurd amount of skill points invested into loot steal would only have equal chance to pick up the loot as the person who made the kill. High loot steal and defense doesn't guarantee the item every time, it's funny you act like it does.

People without loot steal would still get their own loot most of the time and even then you have to remember that they can still level up to advance their character. Knockback is pretty pointless anyway in my opinion, especially with the current monster AI but it still serves to help keep you safe from harm for anyone still scared of getting damage.

i don't think anyone wants just loot or exp, people are still going to try to get both. Why buff yourself one way when you have two ptions at your disposal. Even if one option is slower than the other it doesn't negate the fact that you will progress faster doing both.

There are already loot stealers of every class, i don't see the problem. Warriors will probably always have the easiest time being thieves and i'm pretty okay with that.
kreludor949 wrote:"Being fragile doesn't matter if there's never any reason to get up close. One class isn't suppose to completely overshadow the others even though Mages pretty much do, but you have to remember there are advantages to being an Archer over a Cowboy just like there's advantages to being a Cowboy over an Archer. Archers can beat Cowboys just like Cowboys can defeat Archers."

you're assuming that everyone is in the late gamephase. late game, everyone outclasses warriors. be more specific.

Archers vs Cowboys
AoE: Archer wins hands down
Easy farm: Archer wins, no getting pushed back after attacks
Single target DPS: Cowboy wins
Attack range: Archer wins
Knock-back: Archer wins

"Certain skills need a cap, but it makes sense that others don't. Rigorous training and a few other skills have no caps. it would still counter the effects of loot steal, it just wouldn't make the skill obsolete. it would come down to who has the higher skill stat and even then you would have to factor in who pressed the button first."

no it doesn't. by that logic everything counters loot steal. it comes down to who is closest to the drop and warriors have the easiest time getting close to the drop if they intended to because they can tank and they can knock back the most.

"Warriors heavy slow damage doesn't count for much when there's someone with ranged type attacks that can one shot the monsters in the room. Doesn't matter how high a Warriors strength stat is when in the presence of a Cowboy who can one shot the strongest enemy in the room."

you're assuming everyone is in the lategame phase again.

Even people who lack skill in videogames eventually make it to late game if they stick to it so late game is the easiest and best example to use in my opinion. Yes everyone outclasses Warriors late game so they should get something to compensate for that, don't you think?

When you have a higher anti-loot steal skill you can still mess with or even negate other peoples chances at stealing the loot from monsters you kill, even in the scenario where they have a much higher loot steal stat they still have to get to the item and press the E button first.

if you want to cry early game then you have to remember that Archers have no AOE at that point. You talk about knockback like it's a good thing, i hate knockback and i'm an Archer. True Archers don't get pushed back by there own attacks but that just means you have to know when to stop firing and start moving, it's common sense i think. Now if you are talking late game then Cowboys can invest skill points to increase their range by 30 feet, so mathematically speaking with their base weapon going 70 feet it eventually matches the range of Archers which is 100 feet.
kreludor949 wrote:"Warriors have to put up with monsters being killed before they can get anywhere near them, this usually holds true for high level Warriors as well as ones that are just starting out. This makes it harder for them to level because there's usually people in the same area with decent stats to go along with their range. Not only do they have a tougher time grinding because of their lack of range but they are even more of a Joke in PVP. Warriors have more burdens than any other class in my opinion and that's even before they get to late game stats regardless of what part of the game they are in they have to deal with people who can kill monsters faster because of their range."

they can fight higher level monsters early because they won't be dying much and their cheap armors gives them stats that allows them to do so at a lower price. accessibility and efficiency. mages can do the same but you bet they will be dying alot. but are you saying that to balance this, we need to keep loot steal because they make the best use of it?

You don't need knockback if you can judge distances and calculate enemy health well.

you need knockback when you want to do any sort of grinding on monsters on platforms that would have other wise been taken by warriors because they can just go in. balance? maybe.

"Yes Archers have a nice AOE but Cowboys level 273 weapons to play with while Archers are stuck with 190 Repguanna bows at the moment."

that's not relevant to the class balancing issue. it is about the existence of items, which can be easily fixed.

"i find it funny you think Warriors need nerfs when they have the least going for them in my opinion."

i agree with that but i dont only think they need nerfs. i think they need nerfs in the early stages and buffs in the later stages. perhaps having a dash attack skill that gives them range can fix securing kills but because the main argument is loot stealing, i think they should have a risk of dying if they decide to practice such an act. warrior armors gives the same damage stat as it's counter parts, it's cheaper and it has the most defenses. why are we trying to make up for their lack of attack range through indirect ways? we should try some direct methods such as revamping thier skill set.

Loot steal is one of the few things Warriors have going for them but it isn't the only reason i think loot steal is an awesome addition to the game. Warriors having an edge with loot steal is only one reason i think loot steal should stick around but i mainly like that it adds more depth to the game.

i don't think knockback is required to make a decent character of any class to be honest. it's not that hard to jump and shoot with a ranged weapon or simply move onto a different monster in the same area if you lack the expertise and/or stats to do so. Sure it can be a nice option depending on how you would like to build your character but i definitely don't think it's essential. it's not that hard to find monsters who aren't on platforms, for that matter it's also not that hard to kill monsters on platforms regardless of what class you are without the use of knockback in my opinion.

i kill monsters on platforms easily enough and i have invested 0 points into knockback, i can think of many more occasions where i kill a monster on a platform before a Warrior going after the same target.

Cowboys have an attack that has 3X damage, Archers aside from Rage/Guild Rage which all classes benefit from they don't have any attacks that increase damage beyond their base stat at all. Grenades skip past 2X and shoots straight to 3X so in a way it's even better than Arrowrain in terms of raw damage. Like i said Archers have some advantages over Cowboys but Cowboys also have some advantages over Archers.

i agree that Warriors skills should get a revamp to help them out more but in the end i don't think they need to lose their edge with loot steal because of it. i think it could work out with both but in the mean time they don't have much else going for them.
kreludor949 wrote:
Seta wrote:
kreludor949 wrote:the main argument is loot stealing, i think they should have a risk of dying if they decide to practice such an act. warrior armors gives the same damage stat as it's counter parts, it's cheaper and it has the most defenses.

Warriors probably feel the same way about wishing you risked dying as they watch you kill something they were going after themselves with your range advantage.


we do. unless we just sit in a corner, which places farming limitations on ourselves when the warrior can just roam safely and get theirs. you're straying away from the main issue again. you cannot compare loot stealing to combat. forcing those two together and trying to make an argument out of that is just avoiding the topic. if you have a problem with warriors getting ksed then suggest something that directly addresses that topic.

The point is Warriors can't really afford to lose this because they suffer in so many other areas.

Most people will agree that even with this Warriors still fail.

Loot steal and combat work to mirror balance in this aspect in my opinion because with one Warriors have the advantage while Cowboys suffer and with the other Cowboys have the advantage while Warriors suffer.
itblobboy wrote:Everyone is the loser in the end, it's a lose lose situation. The lootstealer is ineffective and the victem got slowed down.

Depends on how you look at it.

Getting slowed down a little isn't the end of the world.

in my opinion Loot Steal brings so much to the table for one it promotes diversity allowing people to more options instead of everyone being exactly the same, Second it helps in terms of balance because lets face it having a sleight edge with loot steal is one of the few things Warriors have going for them. Another big factor in my opinion is it adds another method of competition to the game, if people didn't like competition Leaderboards wouldn't exist. Loot Steal can also help people identify with their characters more like if someone wanted to make a Cowboy like Billy the Kid. Loot steal gives people another reason to invest in a larger inventory which could in turn work to support the game with tickets so it happens to them less because of a full inventory. Loot Steal gives people something else to do other than just grinding, grinding is fine but the more aspects a game has the more reason people will have to play.

Loot Steal even brings some of the community together in a sense because of their mutual love or hate of the skill.
Image
User avatar
Seta
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby roko114 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:01 pm

I think this guy is a troll stealing is just bad. the problem can be fixed if everyone gets there own set of drops that only appears on there screen that way no one has to steal.
roko114
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby killacowboy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 am

I really can't understand how anyone can think stealing is awesome?
killacowboy
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 am

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:14 am

I can't help but feel that neither of you have read more than 1 post on this thread.
Image
User avatar
SOUL_SLAYER
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby camptimus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 am

I'm not sure how many times seta can explain this. He is absolutely correct with his thoughts. People who keep crying that stealing is bad....you are trying to compare a game to real life. That is a very flawed way to think, its not like seta is saying im coming to your house to steal your car. This is a game. Loot steal is a skill of the GAME. Unless there is something i am missing? Maybe you go around and actually fight monsters with stick in real life too? If you want reality then turn off your computer and go outside. Loot steal benefits certain classes that have problems faced against range attacks. I as an archer could sit there all day and shoot everything before a warrior can get it. Is that fair? But I also know that I cannot pick up a lot of loot doing that. So with me using ranged attacks so a warrior cant fight anything, would i deserve all the loot as well as all of the exp? How is that fair? Oh but im sure if i did that then im just labelled as a kill stealer right? So either way how can we fight your logic (that really doesn't make sense to me). If someone wants to devote their time to lootsteal then why not? They gain very little exp, so their character advances slowly, forcing them to upgrade stats with coins. which is expensive. Yes i agree it can be annoying at times but nothing more. you laugh then get a mob to chase them down and take any coins they drop. See how fast they run with a rep coming at them!
camptimus
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Drewness » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 am

This is probably the third or fourth thread about loot stealing I've commented on. This time the only thing I will say is I agree, this should be sticky thread.

Since there are so many different thoughts, feelings, etc. on the subject - keep it all in one place, to get the full picture.
Code: Select all
  ___  ___ _____      ___  _ ___ ___ ___
 |   \| _ \ __\ \    / / \| | __/ __/ __|
 | |) |   / _| \ \/\/ /| .` | _|\__ \__ \
 |___/|_|_\___| \_/\_/ |_|\_|___|___/___/
User avatar
Drewness
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Loving my loot steal ;D
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Gregore » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:17 am

kreludor949 wrote:but there are alot of children in this game. the issue at hand is to keep with the themes of HH and create a healthy game that best suits it's desired audience. if you want to play hardcore games then go play man hunt or path of exile on hardcore mode. yes it's true many things can be considered so but with PVP, it's not essential in the advancement of your character, while farming for gold and items is and if an exterior force acts on you in a negative manner then its not your problem, it's the instigators. by your rationality, i can swear all i want to the younger ones and verbally abuse them in any manner i want and that's better because it's a dark aspect that i enjoy?

it's your own opinion to say that stealing is ok but obviously others disagree


Is the supposition that stealing is worse than killing?
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests