Loot Stealing is Awesome

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby Seta » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

i am so sick of the whiny babies that feel the need to cry about looters on a weekly basis. Loot steal gives this game an extra level of flavor. Lets talk about the low level looters going into areas where they can't damage monsters for a second, if you think about it they are hurting themselves more than they are hindering you because instead of gaining exp that would allow them to wear better equipment and become stronger in general they are wasting their time trying to get something from someone else that might not even drop.

As for the people that don't manage to pick up everything from the enemies they kill and complain, they usually don't need most of it anyway. Most of the stuff either gets sold once their inventory is filled and turned into money for better equipment or spent on books, people rarely equip loot dropped from monsters i mean is it really that bad to spend a little more time waiting for something else to drop? i have lost books to other players before which is the worse thing you can lose in my opinion, honestly it isn't that bad and i can still kill things at a decent speed. i find it especially pathetic and funny when people make a big deal about coins.

i get loot steal really helps warriors but i do not think it should be exclusive to them and like that it is a global skill. Some of the more well known famous thieves are mages and/or archers(look at Robin Hood), some warriors even follow a code that prevents acts of dishonor and such behavior so really anyone can be a thief and that's part of the excitement. The big advantage is being next to the things they kill from their base attack cooldown and superior defense of their equipment. i agree that Warriors need a boost but there are much better ways to go about it.

Not always but sometimes when a person has their loot stolen from them it is their own fault because they leave behind a pile of coins and/or items because they WANT to keep killing monsters instead of stopping to pick up items even though it's perfectly safe to do so because they are invested in getting more kills in before someone else, but that's really part of the trade off.

i say we should have ONE thread about the cons of loot steal, sticky it and hopefully it will be done with. i get a lot of people don't like loot steal but we really don't need X amount of threads about it with slightly different names on a regular basis.
Seta

Re: Loot Stealing is Awesome

Postby itblobboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Agreed, Loot Stealing is fantastic.

Until it happens to me :roll:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Only thing I don't like is when a noob has it maxed out to where it is almost instantaneous pick up and wait by a monster until I kill it then pick up the drops before I can run over.
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby MrFlip » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:Only thing I don't like is when a noob has it maxed out to where it is almost instantaneous pick up and wait by a monster until I kill it then pick up the drops before I can run over.

yes this loot stealing is redonkulous. if when loot steal was maxed out the time was 1.5 seconds instead of 0.00000000000000001 seconds (exageration) it would be better
MrFlip

Postby MrFlip » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm

on a second note i like to loot steal but i dont swipe things from right in front of people. if someone dies then i want to be able to take the dead guys loot faster than someone else can
MrFlip

Postby XxKillerxX » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Loot stealing to me is inferior. That's just my opinion about it.
XxKillerxX

Postby Konrad » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Theft is theft.
Whether or not the owner 'needs' their property is irrelevant. That's up to the owner to decide; not you, me, or anyone else.

Personally though, loot stealing doesn't bother me all that much. I can understand how annoying it can be but I don't take grinding too seriously anyway. (That's not to say that I condone loot stealing.)
Last edited by Konrad on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad

Postby itblobboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Konrad wrote:Theft is theft. Whether or not the owner 'needs' their property is irrelevant. That's up to the owner to decide; not you, me, or anyone else.

Personally though, loot stealing doesn't bother me all that much. I can understand how annoying it can be but I don't take grinding too seriously anyway.

Things get much more engaging and worth playing if you take it extremely serious.

Gets much funnier, too. :mrgreen:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Seta » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Konrad wrote:Theft is theft.
Whether or not the owner 'needs' their property is irrelevant. That's up to the owner to decide; not you, me, or anyone else.

Personally though, loot stealing doesn't bother me all that much. I can understand how annoying it can be but I don't take grinding too seriously anyway. (That's not to say that I condone loot stealing.)

Theft is meant to be part of the game otherwise there would not be a loot steal skill. i know sometimes something drops in a group of monsters that could result in death but that's not always the case and even then like i said before loot stealing is part of the game and a cool aspect in my opinion. if they don't pick it up i do not feel they have a right to it and if it was that important to them people wouldn't leave it out in a trail/pile for anyone to take, my main issue is the constant threads being made about it. if people wanna whine about it fine, but at least keep it condensed into one thread. in my opinion these people are almost as bad as the beggars
Seta

Postby Naruto » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Hmmm, clearly you've never had noobs with maxed out loot steal constantly stalking you and their primary objective there is to take any loot that drops.

I don't mind noobs taking gear that are below $5K in value but it really does get annoying when you start dropping the good stuff that are about $10K-$30K worth in value and have it just taken from you before you could even react as I'm pretty sure that these loot stealers have a constant finger on the "e" button so any delay in time is minimized to almost nothing.

As a mage and if I zap a mob beyond my normal reach and if a noob picks up the loot that drops from there, I wouldn't mind as I was not physically there to pick it up but the thing that is aggravating is the noobs that steal stuff from right in front of you.

P.S. noobs that take advantage of the Carnelia coin/loot drop glitch where the coin/loot drops on a platform away from Carnelia instead of spawning at where Carnelia dies can also go and die in a hole.
Naruto

Postby Tomatha » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Loot steal would be fine... if internet signals were sent to the destination immediately, but as-is, there are people who's signal takes more than 2 seconds to realize what has happened. Also, while not much complaining has come recently, not sure if it's the new physics or what, but meh either way.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby Sintoque » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:01 am

Yep I love them all :lol:

⚛ D U N A M I S ⚛

IM JUST STILL LURKING
Sintoque

Postby God » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 am

Sintoque wrote:Yep I love them all :lol:

I love you. :D
ImageImage
God

Postby itblobboy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 am

Sintoque wrote:Yep I love them all :lol:

I love the shoes you edited falling from it's mouth.

That's a fantastic touch. Just saying. :mrgreen:
itblobboy

Postby CoolMan101 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 am

lets just say you know coke is grinding and he gets a rep bow and his inventory is full and a lvl 10 noob walks by and picks it
up that isnt rely fair 4 a lvl 10 to get a item like that.... its like me geting a lvl 500 item when im only lvl 256 -_-
CoolMan101

Postby Seta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 am

CoolMan101 wrote:lets just say you know coke is grinding and he gets a rep bow and his inventory is full and a lvl 10 noob walks by and picks it
up that isnt rely fair 4 a lvl 10 to get a item like that.... its like me geting a lvl 500 item when im only lvl 256 -_-

if it was that important to him in that situation he would have emptied his inventory sooner and invested in a larger inventory if he hasn't already. Who cares if a low level gets something big once in a while, everyone gets lucky sometimes and there is a good chance he won't be that much better off because of it if he even stays interested in the game. Some people will hold onto stuff of lesser value and not pay attention to how much space they have left, in this case i feel it is their own fault if they lose an item at this point.
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:54 am

Seta wrote:
CoolMan101 wrote:lets just say you know coke is grinding and he gets a rep bow and his inventory is full and a lvl 10 noob walks by and picks it

if it was that important to him in that situation he would have emptied his inventory sooner and invested in a larger inventory if he hasn't already. Who cares if a low level gets something big once in a while, everyone gets lucky sometimes and there is a good chance he won't be that much better off because of it if he even stays interested in the game. Some people will hold onto stuff of lesser value and not pay attention to how much space they have left, in this case i feel it is their own fault if they lose an item at this point.

Sometimes you just lose track of the inventory space, no matter how large. It's just that sometimes, it's the loss that counts.

That's a fault, but that's more or less the fault of being born a human to have imperfect focus. :?

Your argument is completely right, it just seems unreasonable. I would completely agree with you if the GUI system for the inventory wasn't completely inconvenient and ridiculous to use. :|
itblobboy

Postby INFINITIVE » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am

CoolMan101 wrote:non the less loot sealers are annoying if there was a payvualt item that made it so no one would pick up ur items and money 4 500 tickets id buy it! i dont give a shit if 1000 id buy it dam that is how much i hate loot sealers they piss me off you just dont know how it is like to be stolen from cuz ur a loot sealer i got somn to say to you 1: ur stupid to think loot stealing is awsome 2: ur a loot stealing fagot that cant get his own items. (Seta)

I believe Robby is making a payvault item where you can move the mobs into lootstealers.
INFINITIVE

Postby itblobboy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 am

CoolMan101 wrote:non the less loot sealers are annoying if there was a payvualt item that made it so no one would pick up ur items and money 4 500 tickets id buy it! i dont give a shit if 1000 id buy it dam that is how much i hate loot sealers they piss me off you just dont know how it is like to be stolen from cuz ur a loot sealer i got somn to say to you 1: ur stupid to think loot stealing is awsome 2: ur a loot stealing fagot that cant get his own items. (Seta)

Wow.

I kind of want to log on to loot steal you now.
itblobboy

Postby Seta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am

if there was a payvault item like that everyone would want it, can't speak for you but i would actually contribute real life money to the game to get the tickets.

Everyone knows what it is like to have something stolen from them, i have lost a lot more from loot stealers than i have taken from others and i just shrug it off as part of the game. Pretty early on i lost books man, can't think of much worse than that. Best thing i've ever gotten was a cone helmet but a book would make me very happy.

Looks like you lost your cool there man
Seta

Postby Tomatha » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:29 am

Don't think I've ever been successfully "loot steal'ed"(stolen?) from. Mainly because I stopped playing before it became prominent, but also that back then long grinding wasn't as popular.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Tomatha wrote:Don't think I've ever been successfully "loot steal'ed"(stolen?) from. Mainly because I stopped playing before it became prominent, but also that back then long grinding wasn't as popular.

It would be loot stolen.
itblobboy

Postby Tomatha » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:06 pm

itblobboy wrote:It would be loot stolen.

But it's referring to a power called "Loot Steal." "Loot steal," being a proper noun, I figured would get an "ed" when used as a verb.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Tomatha wrote:
itblobboy wrote:It would be loot stolen.

But it's referring to a power called "Loot Steal." "Loot steal," being a proper noun, I figured would get an "ed" when used as a verb.

Shshshshshshshshhhhhh... Just accept...
itblobboy

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm

well.. the loot stealing give the game more action
gretttttttttttt tell me that we need to be more carefull... i can say and its make the game more intresting.. and i know that its ok when i just say it but when it happened to you its not fun and you cursing the looter and his mother and his grandmother etc.. but its a part of the game.. you can cry (not helping) ignore it (you will lose a lot of things) of just be carefull.. and when you see a noob push the monster into him (its funny and sometimes they throw money)
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Next

Return to General