Behavioral List for the Betterment of the Game

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Behavioral List for the Betterment of the Game

Postby Caefer » Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 am

I wanted to make a post to clear up a few things that really are a letdown on the community of helmet heroes and things which good players should try to avoid doing.

1) Spamming - This is one of the big ones, we have a spam protection feature but it can be bypassed in certain ways. For example, "Selling *crappythingnoonewants* @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"
This is disruptive and glitches out the chat slightly, making it impossible to see the latest message until the chat scrolls past the offending post. People will argue that that is not really spamming because it is only done once every 5-10 seconds. Those people are wrong; that is most definitely spam.

2) Begging - There is an entire subcommunity of people who seem to think the object of Helmet heroes is some sort of begging simulator. It is not. It is a grinding simulator. People like to grind, grinding is cathartic and relaxing for many people. For other people getting to the top of the leaderboards is the point of the game. Both of these are valid.
If you are begging for free crap from people you are doing two pretty bad things. First, you are demeaning yourself and second, you are dragging the community through the mud. Please stop doing this, it doesn't work and only makes people hate you.

3) Disrespect - A good community is based on a mutual respect for each other as players and human beings. The previous two points are both tied into this core point. Being mean, disrespectful, rude and an all around crappy player makes people want to stop playing the game when they encounter you. Please stop doing this.

4) Piloting - This is starting to get into the more controversial stuff now. Piloting is straight up against the Terms of Service. If you are caught piloting or using a pilot Robby has every right to ban you from the game as it is a clear violation of how you agreed to play when you made your account. I know it is rather widespread but it is a very bad community habit for a number of reasons. First off, it is the number one way that people get hacked. The more people that know your password the harder it is to keep that a secret. Second, it gives an unfair advantage to people by breaking the rules; i.e. cheating. If you have someone using your account while you are unable or unwilling to put the time into grinding to better your character yourself, you are now shortcutting around everyone else who follows the rules and puts their own time and effort into the game. Likewise, as a pilot you are benefitting from the drops and gold that would normally not be available to you without your own hard work to get to the point where the character you are piloting is. Both of these things will make honest players turn their nose up at the game and hurt the overall community.

5)Exploiting/ hacking - This should be an obvious one but unfortunately, it is still quite rampant. Good players encounter a bug and say oh my that could ruin the game if everyone knew how to do that, they then report the bug to Robby so it can be . Bad players think only of the short term rewards they can gain from using the bug to their advantage. The biggest flaw of this logic is that when the bug is discovered those who made use of it have their gains taken away at best and at worst are banned. Just don't do this, if you encounter a bug tell robby so he can fix it.

6) "SPOT!" - You have likely all encountered this at some point. This is when someone in a main server goes to an area and claims it as "their personal spot" anyone else who enters the area is bombarded by "SPOT!" and "I WAS HERE FIRST LEAVE NOW SIR" It should be clear why this sort of thing is a nasty habit but clearly due to it's prevalence it is not so i will explain. In a public server, you are playing with the rest of the community who are not paying for their own private servers.Helmet Heroes is a free to play game meaning, you did nothing to earn that map location, it was freely provided by Robby. Therefore, you have no right to tell other players who are enjoying the game that they must leave the area where you have decided to kill monsters. There are more players than there are areas, inevitably you will end up with multiple people in a map. Be nice to each other, share, talk, make new friends. This is a great game for that sort of thing.

7) Loot stealing - Yes, it is part of the game, yes it is technically allowed in that you won't get banned for doing it but come on people. Try being better for a change. If you wander into an area and no one is around and there's some nice item laying on the ground go for it, clearly the person who killed whatever dropped that isn't interested. If you walk into an area and see a guy kill something and it drops a great item and the player who killed it is rushing over to pick it up, let him/her have it. They killed the thing let them have the rewards. Common courtesy here, anything less makes you look like a total jerk. No one will want to play in an area where a loot stealer is camping out.

8) Noob crushing - This is a really important one that people don't realize is a big problem. Going into areas where the most dangerous thing is a green bouncer and proceeding to do several hundred million damage per shot and killign everything in the area so the new players training there cant level up at all is incredibly damaging to the game. This disuades new players from sticking around and hurts the game overall. No new players means no new people buying tickets and without that the games funding dries up and robby cant afford to keep the game running. This point here can actually kill games if done enough. Try going to the noob areas and handing out 10000 to 50000 coins to some unsuspecting nooby. (Avoid those who beg and give it like a reward to those who are minding their own business and playing the game as it is meant to be played). Doing that instead will make their day and will be a good memory they can remember for a long time to come. That's not even enough for a single book but it is a whole lot of coin for a brand new player.

Helmet Heroes is a great game. I have been playng for years and i still have fun when I play. Help me in my goal to make it better by sharing these points with players and pointing it out when someone is acting badly. We can shift this community into a great place that fosters friendships and good memories, but we have to work together to do that.

(On a side note, these actions can all get you kicked out of Dunamis. As a guild we are taking a stand against bad gaming habits and trying to create a place where all the members can respect and appreciate each other as fellow Helmet Heroes and human beings.)

If you are a guild leader or even just a regular player and these points hit home, go ahead and make a pledge below to avoid these bad habits and help make the game a better place for everyone.

Best of luck to everyone and happy grinding. :D :D

~Caefer
Caefer

Re: Behavioral List for the Betterment of the Game

Postby Sinister_Diablo » Sun May 07, 2017 11:44 am

I feel that your return is an omen of restoration to the HH community.

IGN: Sinister_Diablo
GUILD: -
Sinister_Diablo

Postby _Toad » Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 am

Sinister_Diablo wrote:I feel that your return is an omen of restoration to the HH community.

very true indeed
_Toad

Postby sushislinger » Sun May 07, 2017 12:53 pm

_Toad wrote:
Sinister_Diablo wrote:I feel that your return is an omen of restoration to the HH community.

very true indeed

make way for the prophet!
jkjk but still well said
IGN: sushislinger
MrStealYoLoot wrote:the game will die in 2018

Skylox wrote: Bruh.
Btw the forum is more entertaining than the game, wth.
sushislinger

Postby Bezu » Sun May 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Caefer wrote:8) Noob crushing - This is a really important one that people don't realize is a big problem. Going into areas where the most dangerous thing is a green bouncer and proceeding to do several hundred million damage per shot and killign everything in the area so the new players training there cant level up at all is incredibly damaging to the game. This disuades new players from sticking around and hurts the game overall. No new players means no new people buying tickets and without that the games funding dries up and robby cant afford to keep the game running. This point here can actually kill games if done enough. Try going to the noob areas and handing out 10000 to 50000 coins to some unsuspecting nooby. (Avoid those who beg and give it like a reward to those who are minding their own business and playing the game as it is meant to be played). Doing that instead will make their day and will be a good memory they can remember for a long time to come. That's not even enough for a single book but it is a whole lot of coin for a brand new player.

Felt the need to highlight this one, it is given way less attention than scamming and the like butt is on the same league.
This signature will self-destruct in 10 seconds, good luck Jim
Bezu

Postby sushislinger » Sun May 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Bezu wrote:
Caefer wrote:8) Noob crushing - This is a really important one that people don't realize is a big problem. Going into areas where the most dangerous thing is a green bouncer and proceeding to do several hundred million damage per shot and killign everything in the area so the new players training there cant level up at all is incredibly damaging to the game. This disuades new players from sticking around and hurts the game overall. No new players means no new people buying tickets and without that the games funding dries up and robby cant afford to keep the game running. This point here can actually kill games if done enough. Try going to the noob areas and handing out 10000 to 50000 coins to some unsuspecting nooby. (Avoid those who beg and give it like a reward to those who are minding their own business and playing the game as it is meant to be played). Doing that instead will make their day and will be a good memory they can remember for a long time to come. That's not even enough for a single book but it is a whole lot of coin for a brand new player.

Felt the need to highlight this one, it is given way less attention than scamming and the like butt is on the same league.

oh yes..
IGN: sushislinger
MrStealYoLoot wrote:the game will die in 2018

Skylox wrote: Bruh.
Btw the forum is more entertaining than the game, wth.
sushislinger

Postby coolbie16 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:32 pm

_Toad wrote:

very true indeed

Yep

I'll just leave short opinions of the things you mentioned, Caefer.

1:I dont like it, this is specifically used in robo and not mush vill, but its still annoying either way. people will act like "SELLING NUB ACCT(*)@@@@@@ 5m@@@@@@@@@@@RUSH PO", and it just messes up the chat for those who are casually selling/chatting or grinding.
2:Used to be one of these (for those of you that were here in mid-kinda late 2014), and I dunno why. getting tired of nubs in trade going "see pet po", and offering horrible prices or just flat out not offering anything at all. Some have gone really far, far enough to insult people who are sensible and dont gib.
3:Ties with the other 2, yes. when people insult others by pm going like "oooh ur mum f**ks ur b**ch a** n***a motherf***a", I just cringe because they're probably a 10 year old pinoy who cant deal with not getting what they want.
4:Yes, this is probably the #1 or #2 way to how people get hacked. I was a piloter before but I was a kind grinder who just needed money and earned it. Many people end up stealing items w/o asking, and it just makes your reputation way lower in the community. How'd you feel if you logged on to see your good account hacked? Its against the ToS, as mentioned before.
5:Exploiting is bad, but i'm going to talk more about hacking.
This ties in with 4 specifically. good players can quit because someone was greedy or whatever. and they were the unlucky victim. Robby needs to improve everything about hh, by the way.
Exploiting is just basically duping and such. bad stuff.
6: Like 1/2, less horrible but still very annoying and gets in the way. say you're grinding at beholders and some cowboy says "spot sir", and you dont feel like leaving because you were grinding. it's annoying.
7:Indeed, bad. Especially with books and great drops.
8:Also bad.

*=Account selling, which I have a rant about:
You're basically just asking to get hacked. more later.
Kinda getting back into HH again, etc.
currently using cool16 or frap
gamer54 wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF EVEN IF MY PET IS INSIDE I CAN GET LUCK
coolbie16

Postby Boozy » Mon May 08, 2017 4:18 am

Yeeaahh. Good luck with that buddy. Caption savior of a seriously flawed game.

Asking kids with no cares in the world to not spam is impossible.

Begging is in litterally every MMO.

Piloting is indeed against the rules but if there is no staff to give a shit, what makes you think the player base will give a damn?

Oh hacks are still rampant? You don't say? It's a flash game, and that flash game happens to be a MMO. The worse combo, if Robby was to need outside help to develop a better security system for his flash game he will have zero luck in doing so. Unlike Unity that uses both JS and c# there just isn't many or if at all network developers for acticonscript as again it's flawed and dying.

(And on top of it, it isn't even handled with a player mod group. Yes I know Coke is a mod now whoop-tee-do but yet cheating is still going on isn't it)

Spotting. The game is created with an artificial space problem. Think about it. I'll break it down real quick (and I bet somebody will still try to prove me wrong mf so let's see)
Private servers are sold for real money.
Game needs few groups of monsters of same level to level from.
Books increase players stats beyond needed thus monsters can be killed with one hit
At the end of the day, the new, the poor will ALWAYS be at an disadvantage. They need a place to level. They say.. Spot.
Then assholes whom take this gsme serious will end up killing everything one shot boom done. Even the players just walking by

Loot stealing. Dumbest shit ever added.

Noobcrushing. At the end of the day, if you're playing a game to bully people and you're having fun at it, you sir should seek help immediately. You are the next worlds psychopath. As far as robbys money drying up, good, free ride for a game based around boosting your stats to no end for real money is over and he can either moving on to another mmo with better logic or he can deliver pizzas instead of driving 4x4s with your parents money

End commetary:

End of the day, you're speaking to a crowd of people in a mosh pit. Perhaps one or two people running it. Zero police around or will be called.

If the forum and game had an actual staff?

Perhaps it could be a Taylor Swift concert instead.
Boozy

Postby ArianaGrande143 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:22 am

Caefer wrote:I wanted to make a post to clear up a few things that really are a letdown on the community of helmet heroes and things which good players should try to avoid doing.

1) Spamming - This is one of the big ones, we have a spam protection feature but it can be bypassed in certain ways. For example, "Selling *crappythingnoonewants* @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"
This is disruptive and glitches out the chat slightly, making it impossible to see the latest message until the chat scrolls past the offending post. People will argue that that is not really spamming because it is only done once every 5-10 seconds. Those people are wrong; that is most definitely spam.

Always true. At robo city, fairyville, and mushroom village they just keep saying "SELLING BLA BLA BLA@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" And that's why i'm stay at the quiet place. Or private server it is :D Especially me i do the @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ at the game but sometime if i'm in crazy mode :P (or very bored it is.)

Spoiler: show
but i don't spam in front of coke, sintoque, kakai, robby, Miso, you, and so on.
IGN: ArianaGrande_

❤ Meow!! ❤

#JarsuIsTheBest ❤
#JarsuIsTheBestKingOfAllHH ❤
ArianaGrande143

Location: ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Postby frostfang123 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 am

Boozy nailed it. this community has been shitty ever since its popularization, I don't know how this would be even helpful at all. as robby once said in a thread regarding about Filipinos being banned from the game "almost 90% of the playerbase is from the Philippines" and they barely care about the game as long as they gain something from it. But i think (if only possible) that everyone in the game should learn from, it is from this thread which points out these negative factors that this game is suffering from. The only thing that these kind of players would use the forums is to ask for unbanning. Heh yeah right.

7) Loot stealing - Yes, it is part of the game, yes it is technically allowed in that you won't get banned for doing it but come on people. Try being better for a change. If you wander into an area and no one is around and there's some nice item laying on the ground go for it, clearly the person who killed whatever dropped that isn't interested. If you walk into an area and see a guy kill something and it drops a great item and the player who killed it is rushing over to pick it up, let him/her have it. They killed the thing let them have the rewards. Common courtesy here, anything less makes you look like a total jerk. No one will want to play in an area where a loot stealer is camping out.

This doesn't even make sense ever since me playing the game for the first time, why does the game promote this Looting bullshit in the past 4 years? and people say "it's a feature in the game" shut the fuck up.
-
Remember when putting random text in your replies was fun? can't remember. These spammers that has just joined about a month ago and already has more than a thousand post that consist of unfunny, cringe and unnecessary replies that doesn't even relate to the topic. Spammers are fancy creatures that needs to go to hell.
-
I'm surprised that Caefer never talked about The Super Pets and the Paid Pet Boosting, That hot topic which everyone debated with for months, which also doesn't make sense. players literally just AFK for hours or even days in Heated Stones or Lavastones for money, i know how boosting is also a part of the game that me myself tend to do in the past, but i never thought about something this absurd would put the game in its knees. But i think this topic would land on the 5th statement.
frostfang123

Postby Caefer » Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 pm

frostfang123 wrote:Boozy nailed it. this community has been shitty ever since its popularization, I don't know how this would be even helpful at all. as robby once said in a thread regarding about Filipinos being banned from the game "almost 90% of the playerbase is from the Philippines" and they barely care about the game as long as they gain something from it. But i think (if only possible) that everyone in the game should learn from, it is from this thread which points out these negative factors that this game is suffering from. The only thing that these kind of players would use the forums is to ask for unbanning. Heh yeah right.

This doesn't even make sense ever since me playing the game for the first time, why does the game promote this Looting bullshit in the past 4 years? and people say "it's a feature in the game" shut the fuck up.
-
Remember when putting random text in your replies was fun? can't remember. These spammers that has just joined about a month ago and already has more than a thousand post that consist of unfunny, cringe and unnecessary replies that doesn't even relate to the topic. Spammers are fancy creatures that needs to go to hell.
-
I'm surprised that Caefer never talked about The Super Pets and the Paid Pet Boosting, That hot topic which everyone debated with for months, which also doesn't make sense. players literally just AFK for hours or even days in Heated Stones or Lavastones for money, i know how boosting is also a part of the game that me myself tend to do in the past, but i never thought about something this absurd would put the game in its knees. But i think this topic would land on the 5th statement.

The main reason i left out super pets and boosting is because while they are not necessarily beneficial to the community they also are not particularly harmful. Begging for boosting is annoying and falls under the begging category. Boosting itself is... gray. Super pets take an extraodinary amount of resources to get to the point where it is effective. They are also a... gray area but less os than boosting and not in the black area of piloting at least. Piloting is straight up against the rules, pets were designed with the ability to kill mobs on their own. The super pets are a somewhat natural evolution of that attacking feature and nearly unlimited funds. This is a game about grinding though. I don't see much point in super pets personally other than the defensive capability to survive the monsters so you can benefit from luck or whatever. If you are not going to actually play the game then why bother? Still some people recieve some form of fulfillment from topping the leaderboards or whatever. That's fine for them, i don't really care so long as it doesn't adversely affect me or the community as a whole.
Caefer

Postby Caefer » Sat May 13, 2017 10:00 am

coolbie16 wrote:
_Toad wrote:

very true indeed

4:Yes, this is probably the #1 or #2 way to how people get hacked. I was a piloter before but I was a kind grinder who just needed money and earned it. Many people end up stealing items w/o asking, and it just makes your reputation way lower in the community. How'd you feel if you logged on to see your good account hacked? Its against the ToS, as mentioned before.

I feel it is important to point out here that piloting is what is against the ToS. You seemed to have missed the point there.
Caefer

Return to General