Bad Hacker Please Help

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Bad Hacker Please Help

Postby Gregore » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:45 pm

So earlier a character- HamsterJuice- got hacked. The player of the character told me about it. He didn't give his password away, but it was a weak password. He suspected the hacker was a fellow named ahmex.
He was scared for his other character poopy2. He had him go to Larry's House because there's no reason to go there really. ahmex went there. poopy2 gave me a special password he would say so that I'd know it was him.
I logged off. When I logged back on, poopy2's stuff was replaced with newbie gear. poopy2 didn't respond to my PMs. I told him I would bring him the money I owed him. I saw ahmex was on and in Larry's house. I went there to investigate. ahmex was running to the left. poopy2 showed up. He was jumping around Robo Town. He would not answer me except with one "?" Then he started begging people for money- including me via Trade requests. If anyone knows poopy2, they know he is over level 200 and not one to beg. I logged off in Larry's house with poopy2 and ahmex. My character may be forfeit.
Here are some screenshots I took.

one.jpg
one.jpg (133.51 KiB) Viewed 1905 times

two.jpg
two.jpg (138.29 KiB) Viewed 1905 times

three.jpg
three.jpg (147.13 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Last edited by Gregore on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Re: Bad Hacker Please Help

Postby Gregore » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:46 pm

four.jpg
four.jpg (132.29 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

five.jpg
five.jpg (156.59 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
With Love,

Gregore

Postby itblobboy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:05 pm

GET THE ROBBY IN HERE! :shock:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby poopy2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I had to go to work, so I could not send off an email to Robby with my screenshots and explanations.

First off Gregore, thank you for all your help. Thank you pooface as well. The entire click to talk crew was amazing. They each did what they could. Thank you as well roy samuels, I know it was a little wierd I just could not stand the thought of impropriety of those items. I would rather give than to have taken from me. My equips are safely stored elsewhere from poopy2, although hamsterjuice's are all gone. The money has been distributed as well.

When I first encountered this game, I did not know I would have this much fun, I used a weak password and a bad email. If you tinker like I do, there are way too many passwords to remember. So Just continued playing like that because there was little I could do. 76 levels on hamsterjuice and 212 on poopy2 we encounter the thread.

Nothing wrong with pointing it out. I understand, I prefer to play with poopy.... wait that doesn't sound right. What it did do was insight some intrepid hacker (I use the term loosely because good hackers have at least some ethic)took it upon themselves to do something. Something greedy. Logged in to hamsterjuice sold everything and transfered the equips and money to his other character.

OK. I can accept my error. I am not one to complain. I took it on the chin and was working toward getting the equips back. While playing poopy2, I spotted a unique combination of equips, namely a rapier and an infuriator in a future set, now with a helmet. The character is a level 80, close to what mine was. I took a snap and went away.

I started playing and I kept getting bumped off, every other room or randomly. I checked the forum and came back, I had been bumped, when I logged in, there was ahmex. I moved to Larry's house, got bumped and when I logged in, there was ahmex. The crushing proof was when I went to the Robo-lover's house to chill got bumped off, logged in, and guess who was there.

You only go into those houses for a few reasons. You are new to the area, to have a semi private conversation or council meeting, or to hide from the beggers and afk.

And then we start the action to be continued.... in the next post
poopy2

Postby poopy2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I messaged Gregore from my situation room. I had holed up in one of the houses to avoid detection. Added ahmex, and poopy2, as friends to track movements. Gregore set me up with pooface as an agent of the click to talk guild. Gregore had to tend to something RL. I respect that.

Pooface staked out larry's house where ahmex was. Eventually poopy2 logged in and started moving. I tried trailing, but he is fast. Initiated codeword protocol. Tracked the target, he picked up some low level gear from the first shop and made his way to robo city--- to larry's house. Pooface confronted him, obsfucated him, I kept bumping him. We were able to offload the gear and money to other characters.

It was kind interesting to see the world in action. Those loose affiliations exposing their humanity on your behalf, and tightening those bonds. I see all kinds of terrible things, but sometimes there can be some good that comes out of conflict.

Thank you all for your help, I will post what I have when I get home.
poopy2

Postby itblobboy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:56 pm

I have something to notice..
Attachments
hacking 10.png
hacking 10.png (174.06 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:29 pm

well then....i think the case is closed....
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby pooface » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:49 pm

I think the person who took control of poopy2 is ahmex. Poopy2 and I were working together and found that the controlled poopy2 was trading with ahmex. I even dropped a shield and ahmex picked it up and traded it with the controlled poopy2.

I confronted him about it and he admitted to being a thiev.
Attachments
ahmex3-002.jpg
ahmex3-002.jpg (116.72 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
pooface

Postby pooface » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:54 pm

I then asked how he figured out the password. I wasn't getting a response so I asked if he just guessed it and he said yes.
Attachments
ahmex4.jpg
ahmex4.jpg (116.25 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
pooface

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:20 pm

let me guess, gregore said it was really weak...was his password "password"?
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby Gregore » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:14 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:well then....i think the case is closed....

I don't think it is quite yet. We have good evidence as to who did it, but it hasn't been stopped.
I've talked to others since this incident who have been similarly assaulted by ahmex.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Y.L. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 pm

I saw Poopy2 just standin in mushroom library in noob gear, is his account still hacked?
Y.L.

Postby Gregore » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 am

As things stand, the hacker can still access poopy2 until Robby does something. That is my understanding, anyway.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Y.L. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:04 am

Is Robby even aware of the situation?
Y.L.

Postby Gret » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:09 am

Robby's gonna look at it in the morning.
Gret

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:19 am

did you always have that much mp? very impressive... :lol:
MisoSoup247

Postby Gregore » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:46 am

MisoSoup247 wrote:did you always have that much mp? very impressive... :lol:

No, I redid my stats when the skills came out so I could use GUILD RAGE (and thus become impressive.)
With Love,

Gregore

Postby robby » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 am

Ah ok. I changed the password for poopy2 and hamsterjuice. Is there more accounts I need to change password for? Sorry, I'm not at my computer much on the weekends so I'll fix what I can now, then I'll be more available tomorrow! I'll try to fix anything else as soon as I can.
robby
Site Admin

Postby Gregore » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 am

You were quite timely, Robby, thanks.
I wouldn't mind changing my password, actually, but I didn't enter an e-mail address when I started playing (like poopy, I didn't think I'd still be playing this game beyond the 15 minutes I'd originally intended.)
With Love,

Gregore

Postby benchmaster » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

Brahs, has anyone seen Gelbart recently? I saw him walking around in noob gear and he kept trade requesting me. This whole thing has me shook to the point I'm passing over my equips and cash to my anonymous alt.
benchmaster

Postby itblobboy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:26 am

benchmaster wrote:Brahs, has anyone seen Gelbart recently? I saw him walking around in noob gear and he kept trade requesting me. This whole thing has me shook to the point I'm passing over my equips and cash to my anonymous alt.

Just have a good password nobody can guess and don't tell anyone your password and your safe.

itblobboy

Postby caguisa09 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am

i thought we have good communty but we dont *sigh*

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
2.5m in 3 days is epic but...

32m in 20days legendary

i dont resale ...

i just kill evil monsters
caguisa09

Postby itblobboy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 am

caguisa09 wrote:i thought we have good communty but we dont *sigh*

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, HH seems to have a very wide variety of people. I'm sure that also includes the morally sensitive and the morally ignorant. *cough you know who I am talking about yes you no not you him yes you YOU cough*

itblobboy

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am

There should be a option where we can change our password using our emails. This would solve a lot of problems.
Also, I still have your stuff poopy, its stored in another account, let me know when you would like it back.
RoySamuels

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:08 pm

RoySamuels wrote:There should be a option where we can change our password using our emails. This would solve a lot of problems.
Also, I still have your stuff poopy, its stored in another account, let me know when you would like it back.

I just went into that storage account, and all the stuff has disappeared... Uhm.. what?
RoySamuels

Next

Return to General