Barack_Obama Banned for Duping Tickets

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Re: Barack_Obama Banned for Duping Tickets

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:23 pm

RoySamuels wrote:So wait.. that glitch we found in Robo City really was a dupe and not a mistake?

Well I actually didnt pick up on it at that point. There was some confusion there but the ticket I sold you were legit. I guess I was right on how many tickets I had and then going from 15 to 30 after trading you 15 was weird and I thought I missed counted and actually had 45 and wasnt aware.

Hopefully you can back me up on this because you saw that I was really concerned about you getting your tickets you paid for. We even reversed the trade and everything worked fine. So we redid the traded and I had 30 still and you Roy had your 15.

But yea it had something to do with it. I didnt figure it out until like 1AM Eastern Time on 1/16/2014. I got a lead on the duping bug and instead of going to robby, I went to go see if it really worked and yes it did and I abused it.

But I will say. I hit up Gret about the bug before I did any duping. Right when Gret said he was grateful for me finding this out and I told him I found out from another player, I went and tried to dupe and then my duping spree went foward from there.
CandyNutJob

Postby Gret » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:41 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:
But yea it had something to do with it. I didnt figure it out until like 1AM Eastern Time on 1/16/2014. I got a lead on the duping bug and instead of going to robby, I went to go see if it really worked and yes it did and I abused it.

But I will say. I hit up Gret about the bug before I did any duping. Right when Gret said he was grateful for me finding this out and I told him I found out from another player, I went and tried to dupe and then my duping spree went foward from there.

You let me know before 9 PM, Eastern Time, and Robby had the game down and fixed the glitch before 9 PM Eastern Time. Please, don't lie more.
Gret

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Gret wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:

You let me know before 9 PM, Eastern Time, and Robby had the game down and fixed the glitch before 9 PM Eastern Time. Please, don't lie more.

Woah! No I Swear it was around 1AM but now that I think of it, you are right because I was having dinner at the time it was happening. I got it mixed up with the time I finished moving all the tickets. That was at 1AM. You are right Gret that it had to be around 9 yesterday.

Please dont call me a liar. I have lied already I know but I was mistaken this time with my times. Now I just feel dumb because I remember exactly when it was going on because my GF was still at work. I was eating my Jets Pizza and Duck Dynasty was on Im pretty sure. So yea, sorry I was mistaken with my time.

Im not trying to lie anymore. People need to understand that. The only person I really lied to was robby. Everyone else Ive been true too. I been saying I was going to get tickets on friday for the last week. I wish people would get on here and back me up on that. This is the freaking truth damn! I saw that I could dupe and realized duping would save me $100 of my real money. I was going to put that money in the game. I SWEAR ON MY LIFE! Idk how many times I have to say it! I did it to save me real money! That is it!

I messed up! I know and so does everyone else! If you dont know I already put $63 dollars into my new account to get all the payvault stuff I had on Barack_Obama. I am a serious player on this game! I have learned the ins and outs and the best ways to grind and make money! I take pride in what I have achieved in this game and now one screw up because I wanted to save $100 has ruined it all. Im fine with that though. People make mistakes and they learn from them. That is what is happening right now! Ive learned that what I did was unexcusable and IM SORRY! LIKE OMG! IM SO FREAKING SORRY!

(sigh)

Im finished though

Everyone will see me when PrincessPeach is suited up just as well as Barack. The build I have written out for her is like nothing anyone has seen so Im looking forward to the day!
CandyNutJob

Postby rex24602 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:Subject has been changed to the my recent ban which is legit this time. It true. I duplicated tickets last night. I sold tickets to people last night and made money from them. That money now sits in my bank I havent touched it since I got that money. I am now banned though. Hopefully not forever but if it is so then I will work my way back to where I was with another character.

If I am able to get Barack_Obama unbanned then I will supply coke_na_rc, SmilingFear, derrickchoi, likoh16, Wallance, YL, and whoever I gave tickets to last night. Those are the one's I remember. If I did not include your name then please let me know. Id like to make this right and return everything I have taken. If I cant do through Barack then I will do it one day with my new character PrincessPeach. Hopefullly you all will be playing still and I can refund all the money I have basically you could say scammed out of people.

CandyNutJob

i respect ur honesty for admitting this good luck getting back hope to see u soon on game :)
rex24602

Postby rex24602 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 pm

_Conquest_ wrote:GOD DAMN :o

Even the best of us now huh?
Well Barack...I'm really not sure what to say...
You did a lot of good for the community but this is extremely bad...
Once more I'm shocked.
Is it only a character ban or an IP ban?

I think it should only be a character ban and he should get a second chance. It was a bad thing he did, a REALLY bad thing but he had some okay motive.

-He didn't want to ruin the game, just give a steady means for people to buy them. It's mostly legit and his prices were super high too. It's not like it was going to break the game.

-YET he did have multiple alts to spread them around.

-YET he made the scammer list which did show signs of people becoming aware and people cleaning their acts up.

I'm not quite sure where I stand.

And Barack, I might have to revoke your 1 free internet... :cry:

at least u have to notice his honesty i probubuly would have never admitted this if i did this
rex24602

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:55 pm

rex24602 wrote:at least u have to notice his honesty i probubuly would have never admitted this if i did this

Thanks for your support. Its greatly appreciated.
CandyNutJob

Postby rex24602 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:
rex24602 wrote:at least u have to notice his honesty i probubuly would have never admitted this if i did this

Thanks for your support. Its greatly appreciated.

i just find that suprising if i asked any of my friends or myself if they had been duping i would deny
rex24602

Postby Deej » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 am

CandyNutJob wrote:Woah! No I Swear it was around 1AM but now that I think of it, you are right because I was having dinner at the time it was happening. I got it mixed up with the time I finished moving all the tickets. That was at 1AM. You are right Gret that it had to be around 9 yesterday.

The game was fixed and back online before 9pm. Slightly before 8:45 EST, actually. In order for you to have duped the massive volume of tickets that you did would have required you to do it a bit ahead of time.

CandyNutJob wrote:I wanted to save $100

So, in order to save yourself 100 dollars you tried to essentially STEAL $1000+ in tickets? Duping over 20000 tickets seems nothing like "just trying to save 100 dollars." The worth of the tickets that you duped is worth more than enough to be considered a felony. It looks a lot more like you were just being very selfish and out to only benefit yourself. You also obviously put quite a bit of work into trying to hide what you had done by making approximately 20 characters to stash tickets across. Helmet Heroes is Robby's primary income source. He does this for a full time job. He tries his hardest to provide you with an enjoyable form of entertainment. In return for his services, you basically stole from him. How would you like to work so hard to earn a living, and have someone come and withdraw 1000 dollars or more from your personal bank account that supports you, and your services? If not for the extensive tracking of tickets, you may have gotten away with it too.

Duping that many tickets would surely break the game's economy. Selling those tickets to other players could have destroyed the income the game makes. It could have potentially forced Robby to shut the game down. You say you are sorry, yet still, every post you are writing on the forum looks much more like you are much more worried about salvaging the reputation you have earned in the Helmet Heroes community.

Being called a liar is the least of your worries. You're lucky that it appears most people don't realize how serious your actions were. Otherwise, people may be calling you a thief.

Oh also...

CandyNutJob wrote:If I am able to get Barack_Obama unbanned then I will supply coke_na_rc, SmilingFear, derrickchoi, likoh16, Wallance, YL, and whoever I gave tickets to last night. Those are the one's I remember.

If you've only lied to Robby, what about the post that you have made to the Helmet Heroes community claiming to have a list of everyone you have traded. This quote seems to contradict that post. Furthermore, why is it that you will only reimburse those players if you get your Barack_Obama account back? If you really wanted to make things right, why not put in the work on any account you have created that is not banned to do so?
Deej

Postby Revivified » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:30 am

While it is admirable that you have openly admitted to duping the tickets and are throwing yourself out there to endure the scrutiny of everyone, duping is a pretty serious offense in an MMO. Based on what I have read here, it sounds like you are more experienced with single player games. Cheat codes and exploits are sometimes encouraged there due to the interesting impacts they have on the game. It is a lot different in an MMO; however, since any action performed will impact others. As I'm sure you now know through firsthand knowledge, duping currency is frowned upon by MMO creators and moderators due to the damaging effects it may have on the game's economy. Not to mention the fact that real money is involved to purchase certain forms of in-game currency (Tickets in this case) -- you can see how this exacerbates the issue.

CandyNutJob wrote:Woah! No I Swear it was around 1AM but now that I think of it, you are right because I was having dinner at the time it was happening. I got it mixed up with the time I finished moving all the tickets. That was at 1AM. You are right Gret that it had to be around 9 yesterday.

I can confirm Barack_Obama did appear to be transferring tickets around 1AM EST because he spoke to me on what appeared to be a freshly created avatar. If I remember correctly this avatar was named "Buu."

Due to the quick admission of guilt and his community efforts (detecting scammers for the Scammer List in the Report Player/Abuse section), I'd suggest a ban that lasts at minimum 2 weeks, but not a permanent block from the account as others were quick to suggest. Ultimately, the final decision is up to Robby.
Revivified

Postby Y.L. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:41 am

Wow I am so surprised, I honestly wouldn't have gone to buy tickets from Barack because I have a much more reliable source of getting tickets but he hasn't been on for a while. Also this explains why the tickets just disappeared from my account, I thought maybe it was a glitch or something. I honestly think Barack should have his account banned for only a month because of admitting to it and he has done good for the community.
Y.L.

Postby BonerSoup » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:30 am

I've been contemplating posting my 2 cents, and decided to just go ahead. At first I'm inclined to say that your Barack account should be permanently banned and that you should have to start fresh. That being said, I've had a few years of experience working as staff on other MMO games. There was one instance where a similar situation happened. A new shop NPC was released and as it turns out there was a bug players could abuse for multiple forms of currency. A handful of them got together and abused it for millions and millions of the various forms of tender, each. Originally we decided to permaban them all, but opted instead to ban them for a given time and completely wipe and reset their accounts. (It still irks me since their actions still hit the economy really hard and screwed over many other players.)

Sorry B, but I think I lean more towards you being allowed your account back if that's the community name you wish to use, but having it reset. It appears this wasn't a snap decision to abuse the dupe glitch, but something planned out especially with what seems to be significant effort to hide your tracks. That makes me question the overall legitimacy of your character, not just in this ticket incident.

That's all. SOUP UP AND AWAY
BonerSoup

Postby lil_likoh » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 am

can u give second change Barack_Obama so that he can open here account so that he will pay the players did he sell it for tickets...
lil_likoh

Postby plak&shlak » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:46 am

what do you mean???
well it wiered he have 900 dex from books and he says all the money is from grinding
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby schitzofrenyah » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 am

CandyNutJob wrote:Subject has been changed to the my recent ban which is legit this time. It true. I duplicated tickets last night. I sold tickets to people last night and made money from them. That money now sits in my bank I havent touched it since I got that money. I am now banned though. Hopefully not forever but if it is so then I will work my way back to where I was with another character.

If I am able to get Barack_Obama unbanned then I will supply coke_na_rc, SmilingFear, derrickchoi, likoh16, Wallance, YL, and whoever I gave tickets to last night. Those are the one's I remember. If I did not include your name then please let me know. Id like to make this right and return everything I have taken. If I cant do through Barack then I will do it one day with my new character PrincessPeach. Hopefullly you all will be playing still and I can refund all the money I have basically you could say scammed out of people.

CandyNutJob

dude!! obama.. you sold tickets to me... give back my money 4.750Million game money or the 475 tickets that i lost because of you.. now i cant even use my double drop rate and double jump... how said i am to know that i was scammed by you..and knowing that all tickets you sold was duped....Darn!!!
schitzofrenyah

Postby darth » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:01 am

Sintoque wrote:Hmm barack... you're not a bad person after all, just one with a stupid mistake.

It's Friday.. the day you promise my 3mil worth of tickets... will never happened then.

Your Barack_Obama character should be permanently banned.

You can start from scratch.. again. I know you like the popularity you gained in this game... rebuild it.

I support. And also, you're pretty good, to have found that glitch. I'm impressed. But I also moraly condemn your conduct.
darth [δύναμις]

darth

Postby belding » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 am

I like you Barack but, being so much a part of this game and always helping people, you should have known you should have gone to robby right away. You say that you were only saving yourself $100 real money but the truth is you were taking $100 out of robby's pocket. You said you were going to buy those tickets legit and found this dupe instead, that means robby would have gotten $100 but didn't because of this.

I hope you get to keep Princess Peach and stay apart of the game, but this is a messed up situation. It is good that you found this glitch and it has been corrected, maybe someone else would have done more damage with it, but you can be sure someone else would not be getting the chances to continue playing that you may be getting.

Good luck and, as I said, I hope you are still part of the game.
belding

Postby RoySamuels » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 pm

As much as I dislike to say it, I am not backing you up on this one Barack. Branching off of what Deej said a bit, you have a reputation in this game. Many know you were one of the frontline haters of scamming by creating the scammers thread, and you helped a lot of people out in that way, and you've made many more contributions to the game/forum. Although, it seems your good deeds and reputation has clouded the minds of others. Like previously mentioned, if you were to sell all those duped tickets, it could have easily destroyed the economy of Helmet Heroes. Robby said he took away the duped tickets to the best of his ability. Now what if many more people had duped tickets from Barack or anyone else that knew about the bug? They would have instantly lost millions, and a rampage of complaints would be thrown upon the administration. What Barack committed should not be taken lightly at all, and an apology should not hinder the consequences. If apologizing would make a persons consequence any less, than the 1000's of accounts that Robby banned for duping should be released back into the game. Hadn't Robby also banned their IP or something? I feel the same consequence, if not something more because we're talking about tickets, not books, should be placed.
It all depends on Robby though.
RoySamuels

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:27 pm

RoySamuels wrote:As much as I dislike to say it, I am not backing you up on this one Barack. Branching off of what Deej said a bit, you have a reputation in this game. Many know you were one of the frontline haters of scamming by creating the scammers thread, and you helped a lot of people out in that way, and you've made many more contributions to the game/forum. Although, it seems your good deeds and reputation has clouded the minds of others. Like previously mentioned, if you were to sell all those duped tickets, it could have easily destroyed the economy of Helmet Heroes. Robby said he took away the duped tickets to the best of his ability. Now what if many more people had duped tickets from Barack or anyone else that knew about the bug? They would have instantly lost millions, and a rampage of complaints would be thrown upon the administration. What Barack committed should not be taken lightly at all, and an apology should not hinder the consequences. If apologizing would make a persons consequence any less, than the 1000's of accounts that Robby banned for duping should be released back into the game. Hadn't Robby also banned their IP or something? I feel the same consequence, if not something more because we're talking about tickets, not books, should be placed.
It all depends on Robby though.

I agree, this is not acceptable, but doesn't all depend on Robby, he gives us a say in it here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2867.

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Deej wrote:

The game was fixed and back online before 9pm. Slightly before 8:45 EST, actually. In order for you to have duped the massive volume of tickets that you did would have required you to do it a bit ahead of time.

CandyNutJob wrote:I wanted to save $100

So, in order to save yourself 100 dollars you tried to essentially STEAL $1000+ in tickets? Duping over 20000 tickets seems nothing like "just trying to save 100 dollars." The worth of the tickets that you duped is worth more than enough to be considered a felony. It looks a lot more like you were just being very selfish and out to only benefit yourself. You also obviously put quite a bit of work into trying to hide what you had done by making approximately 20 characters to stash tickets across. Helmet Heroes is Robby's primary income source. He does this for a full time job. He tries his hardest to provide you with an enjoyable form of entertainment. In return for his services, you basically stole from him. How would you like to work so hard to earn a living, and have someone come and withdraw 1000 dollars or more from your personal bank account that supports you, and your services? If not for the extensive tracking of tickets, you may have gotten away with it too.

Duping that many tickets would surely break the game's economy. Selling those tickets to other players could have destroyed the income the game makes. It could have potentially forced Robby to shut the game down. You say you are sorry, yet still, every post you are writing on the forum looks much more like you are much more worried about salvaging the reputation you have earned in the Helmet Heroes community.

Being called a liar is the least of your worries. You're lucky that it appears most people don't realize how serious your actions were. Otherwise, people may be calling you a thief.

Oh also...

CandyNutJob wrote:If I am able to get Barack_Obama unbanned then I will supply coke_na_rc, SmilingFear, derrickchoi, likoh16, Wallance, YL, and whoever I gave tickets to last night. Those are the one's I remember.

If you've only lied to Robby, what about the post that you have made to the Helmet Heroes community claiming to have a list of everyone you have traded. This quote seems to contradict that post. Furthermore, why is it that you will only reimburse those players if you get your Barack_Obama account back? If you really wanted to make things right, why not put in the work on any account you have created that is not banned to do so?

I didnt really read all of these post. Havent really been on today. Work was hell :lol:

But no your wrong Gret. It didnt take me that long to dupe 40k tickets. Im telling the truth when I say I told you first about the ticket bug before even getting into it. creating 40k tickets wasnt hard at all. It took 2 characters, trading all their tickets at once. Once the tickets were traded, one person would log off ASAP. Then they log back on. The amount of tickets traded between each person was doubled every time this process was repeated. The only way they doubled is if you traded all the tickets at once. You have no idea how long it takes to SPACEBAR 14k tickets haha. I had something sitting on the SPACEBAR where I didnt have to wait for it haha. It only took me like 15-20 minutes to dupilcate that many tickets.

40k ticket was as far as I was going anyway. Doubling 2 sets of tickets at the same time over and over at a constant race wouldnt take that long to get to 40k tickets. I also started off with like I think 100 tickets already. I know I had a decent amount to start with. Tickets I had left over and tickets I bought from people that day for under 10k a piece.

Anyway, I dont why Im explaining myself anymore :lol:

Barack_Obama is gone as I can see, looking at the poll that robby made. I didnt even vote. I didnt see the point. I messed up and I pay the price. Oh well, you only live once! You know what they say, "Go big or go home!" I went big, struck out, and Im walking back home.

But people cant say that I didnt play this game like Waka Flocka Flame before the whole ticket dupe. I went hard in the paint!
CandyNutJob

Re: Robby Email

Postby 404 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:If Barack_Obama doesnt come back up, people can reach me on here or on my ALT "PrincessPeach

Ok, so if you were banned from duping tickets, why didn't robby IP ban you?

IP banning seems like an obvious choice in regards to abuse of this nature.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:48 pm

404 wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:If Barack_Obama doesnt come back up, people can reach me on here or on my ALT "PrincessPeach

Rob let us have a say in it.. In the poll under reportplayer/abuse. IP ban is not a suggestion, permanent character ban or 1 week ban or 3 week ban, seems like permament ban is winning.

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby 404 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

MasterYi wrote:
404 wrote:

Rob let us have a say in it.. In the poll under reportplayer/abuse. IP ban is not a suggestion, permanent character ban or 1 week ban or 3 week ban, seems like permament ban is winning.

Yeah, I just saw the poll thread and tossed up my vote.

*whispers loudly so everyone can hear* I VOTED FOR PERMANENT!
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Gret » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:53 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:But no your wrong Gret.

That's Deej you're talking to, not me. :|
Gret

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Gret wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:But no your wrong Gret.

That's Deej you're talking to, not me. :|

Oh my bad haha. I just saw the green. Im not use to this Deej as a Global Official yet.

Im a bit iffy about Deej and you already know why why ;)
CandyNutJob

Postby itblobboy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Well congratulations on your clean slate, featuring losing everything you had, poorly wasting real world cash, and now being known as a princess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, not your best call dude.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Previous

Return to General