NOOOO! AND YEEES! Carnelia won't stack xp ever again!

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Re: NOOOO! AND YEEES! Carnelia won't stack xp ever again!

Postby MasterYi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am

RoySamuels wrote:
Gret wrote:No one's getting reset after beta, don't worry. :o

*wipes sweat off face and puts knife down*
Good.

I said that in the post before yours, do you even read the thread before you post?

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby _Conquest_ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am

Calm down, maybe he just wanted to know 100% from somebody like Gret who knows 100% since Robs his bro and all.
_Conquest_

Postby MasterYi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 am

_Conquest_ wrote:Calm down, maybe he just wanted to know 100% from somebody like Gret who knows 100% since Robs his bro and all.

I am very calmed, I simply asked a question.

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby sankentyosu » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:51 am

MasterYi wrote:I am very calmed, I simply asked a question.
If you were, your english would have been a bit better.

But what "calm down" meant is similar to "give him a break"
sankentyosu

Postby _Conquest_ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Correct, I guess I should have phrased that a bit better, also in some-what of a "not nice way" was how you phrased the question.

Instead "Do you even read before you post?" you could have said:
"Yeah I kinda already said that."
Or made a joke of it :

Blank said:
"Insert repeated statement here"

I said:
"Original statement" ..... :roll: :lol:
_Conquest_

Postby 404 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Stats should be reset or something. I mean, all the levels gained due to the XP stacking should be rolled back to before Carnelia was implemented, as I've suggested before.

Doing nothing about this is bad. Now we've got people who are upwards of level 400 in the Hall of Fame, and nobody is gonna be able to get up there with them.

The landscape has become skewed and some fixing needs to be done. Don't rollback the items, just rollback the levels gained. Real simple to do.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Gret » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:54 pm

404 wrote:

Stats should be reset or something. I mean, all the levels gained due to the XP stacking should be rolled back to before Carnelia was implemented, as I've suggested before.

Doing nothing about this is bad. Now we've got people who are upwards of level 400 in the Hall of Fame, and nobody is gonna be able to get up there with them.

The landscape has become skewed and some fixing needs to be done. Don't rollback the items, just rollback the levels gained. Real simple to do.

I agree something definitely needs done about the levels from the XP stacking, but idk what exactly.. I just meant everyone won't be reset after beta.
Gret

Postby mohawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Gret wrote:
404 wrote:

I agree something definitely needs done about the levels from the XP stacking, but idk what exactly.. I just meant everyone won't be reset after beta.

+1 it would be unfair to just leave it like that
mohawk

Postby SmilingFear » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Honestly there aren't that many players even capable of grinding Carn effectively, and only a handful of those people have shot up in levels at an unreasonable rate. I think the most reasonable "fix" is to simply rollback the levels on players that were known for/actively seen grinding Carn. How much each person would be rolled back would just be a matter of moderately blind judgement.

The only other alternative would be to reintroduce the exp stacking "glitch" as an actual game mechanic for bosses. And actually, you might be surprised to hear that I'd actually prefer this. Right now, bosses offer nothing to the game other than making the monsterpedia quest harder. The idea of bosses is neat but not if they don't actually offer anything to the game. Just a stupid way of increasing the relative server lag.
SmilingFear

Postby Gspot » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:02 am

I miss my carnelia buddies, yi, sintoque and coke. . I thought we can do that forever.. X))
Gspot

Postby Phearsom » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 am

If this is going to be an issue of what is fair both sides have a point. Lower levels will have it harder to catch up and make leader board due to the handful of players that used carnelia. Regardless, those handful of players did manage to spend time to work on those extra levels gain through carnelia. Now that she is not giving the bonus, the lower level players will have a faster time catching up since the game has already been made fair.

If that still does not satisfy the players that did not get a chance then just simply increase the experience needed to level after level 250. Thus increasing the opportunity for lower levels to hit a high level mark. Rolling back players to pre-carnelia will take away days of farming and time spent on this game. Most of the players that gained more than 100 levels will feel more or less compel to not play anymore.

Jerek farmed Yetis till he reached the leader-board so I don't see how any other player can not do the same especially now that more monsters have been added since his time.

Phearsom

"Fear and Loathing"
Phearsom

Postby SmilingFear » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Phearsom wrote:Now that she is not giving the bonus, the lower level players will have a faster time catching up since the game has already been made fair.

Yeah, no. The lower level players will have an impossibly slower time catching up since they can't abuse the exp the same way as the people already up there. Having a temporary exp abuse creates a gap between those that were able to abuse it and those that were not.
SmilingFear

Postby Phearsom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:02 am

Even so, you are telling me that their one level gain will not be faster than a level 250+? Regardless they will have a faster leveling scale than high levels even with the level difference.

Phearsom

"Fear and Loathing"
Phearsom

Previous

Return to General