Really getting tired of those high levels

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Really getting tired of those high levels

Postby Faceless » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:15 am

Ok so, you might say I should just deal with it and most times I'd agree.
But It's just getting too lame when all the high levels grind low level monsters. I don't know why, either to level their pet or whatsoever. But it's so annoying, if you're a low level like me you basically got nothing to do when those big boys come and KS every possible monster there is on the map.

And because there are only a SINGLE map for that specific area, you can't do nothing about it. Either go kill something that grants you no EXP or wait until those "pros" are gone..

It might just be a suggestion into adding a feature such as "Channels" you might say. But then again it will get rejected from not having a strong enough server, or not enough people.

IDK it might just be me, but it's super annoying. |:
Faceless

Re: Really getting tired of those high levels

Postby Ky372 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:26 am

Honestly, you shouldn't be encountering many high levels in the low level areas. With pets, the paths usually go:

- Leaflet Fields
- The lower level areas, such as High Greens, Green Tops, etc, for a few levels.
- Goo cubes
- Stalkers
- Bricks
- Beyond...

I didn't spend much time in the lower level areas, and i don't see many of us higher levels there either. Just my observations.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372

Postby 404 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:17 am

Ky372 wrote:Honestly, you shouldn't be encountering many high levels in the low level areas. With pets, the paths usually go:

- Leaflet Fields
- The lower level areas, such as High Greens, Green Tops, etc, for a few levels.
- Goo cubes
- Stalkers
- Bricks
- Beyond...

I didn't spend much time in the lower level areas, and i don't see many of us higher levels there either. Just my observations.

I started my pet levelling in Wooden Village.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Faceless » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:24 am

Penguins, Pumpkins, Crabs?! I've no idea why :(
Faceless

Postby Sasuke » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:36 am

Or you could just farm somewhere else instead of complaining. It isn't even your area-heck, not even your game.

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby Faceless » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 am

Sasuke wrote:Or you could just farm somewhere else instead of complaining. It isn't even your area-heck, not even your game.

Why so serious
Faceless

Postby Fortunatenotch » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:29 am

Faceless wrote:
Sasuke wrote:Or you could just farm somewhere else instead of complaining. It isn't even your area-heck, not even your game.

Why so serious

He is angry because he is high leveled but dont worry, he knows how it is being a low level... DONT YOU SASUKE!? :twisted: :lol: :P
My queen...
Fortunatenotch

Postby coke_na_rc » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:33 pm

well, i dont have that tele so i kill every monsters in my way.. and yeah, you have nothing to complain, we of has levels cant reach all mobs in 1 stage..
Beat that
Spoiler: show
coke_na_rc

Postby Faceless » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:08 pm

coke_na_rc wrote:well, i dont have that tele so i kill every monsters in my way.. and yeah, you have nothing to complain, we of has levels cant reach all mobs in 1 stage..

Ahm.. There's a slight difference between "passing by". And freakin' griding the whole map just 'cause.. well.. you can. :roll:

I mean whatever, you pass by a mob you kill it sure. But man.. You see me already hitting one, and you come take it anyway? And then the next one, and the whole map too? Haha.
Faceless

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I agree, I am a high leveled person kind of (76 I think) and I am getting bored as you have those level 150+ getting all teh kills...
How to make a signature
Questions? PM or; Contact me on Discord: FstMario#5153
Mariofan1

Postby _Conquest_ » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Just go somewhere else...I've never had problems with them.
_Conquest_

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:00 pm

_Conquest_ wrote:Just go somewhere else...I've never had problems with them.

Wherever I go, I see people with pets getting kills.
Or if not that, I'm in a room and about 3 level 150s or something like that come in and take kills, I can't get breathing space with all of them rushing in where I am.
How to make a signature
Questions? PM or; Contact me on Discord: FstMario#5153
Mariofan1

Postby darth » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:11 pm

well, I just have one thing to say: LEVEL UP (and also: and stop complaining)

darth
darth [δύναμις]

darth

Postby Gregore » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:02 pm

The pets are a brilliant way to bring a stratified society out of their gated communities into the same public space. There's bound to be tension when this happens as the economic strata bear different cultures as well as their different strengths. Whereas the more economically favored have their strength in their, well, strength, it's incumbent on the weaker players to figure out a way to use this new landscape to their advantage.
Y'all have greater access now. Use your words. What are you going to do with it?
Last edited by Gregore on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Konrad » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Gregore wrote:Use your words. What are you going to do with it?

Spam them with trade requests and charity appeals, no doubt :mrgreen:

plss im p00r...
Konrad

Postby Naruto » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 pm

We were all low levels once a upon a time and back then we had to deal with high levels blazing through the area and snatching up kills. However, we couldn't complain about it at the time as there was no forums at that time, we simply waited until the high level left and continued grinding until we leveled up and became stronger. The sudden increase of higher level players in noob area is because of pets and once their pets have a high enough def to withstand a hit from say a Brick Monster, then those higher level players will leave.
Naruto

Postby Gregore » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Konrad wrote:
Gregore wrote:Use your words. What are you going to do with it?

Spam them with trade requests and charity appeals, no doubt :mrgreen:

plss im p00r...

Hee!

That's a majority but not everyone. Among the misplaced entitled, there are those with something to say.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Mewmew » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:09 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Channel idea. As the game gets better more players are finding out about it. Hopefully we end up with lots more over time too. We could all default to channel 1 so we area usually seeing others and playing together, but it would be nice to have an override where we could pick a channel for the map we're going to for when it's too crowded out in the field.

That's nice that some people never had that problem leveling, but it's fairly rude to say "Just go away then". Bullying weaker players out of areas isn't really the way to go or the best thing for our community.

I do think that if they're there leveling their pets, that's a legitimate reason to be there and it's not only okay for them to be there but makes sense for them to be. But I also agree it's incredibly rude to just wipe out the entire map ignoring the poor smaller player that's there leveling. There's no reason we can't share and at least leave what he's already attacking alone.

How about instead of trying to get either person to go away - we talk about ways to lessen this situation from happening somehow. I'm sure some think that it will take care of itself as people get their pets leveled and move on. I still think that all these new players are going to be in many of the same areas too often though in the future and that channels isn't such a bad idea if done right. Even if bigger players don't go to lower maps that often it still isn't a bad idea to consider a channel system.

Hopefully the game grows more and more so that channels are more obviously needed :D I don't want anybody to have to get kicked out of the area, I'd like us all to find a way where we can all fight there and not end up with angry confrontation over it. Channels very well may be the way to go here. I say that truly believing that the game is only going to grow and get bigger from here. It's not super well known yet but more people hear of it every day and channels can relieve a lot of crowding stress :D
Mewmew

Really getting tired of those LOW levels

Postby Caefer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:39 am

At least you don't see high levels in holding areas for ransom. The reasons for this are first, we don't generally need money as much, second there are a million places we'd have to hold ransom simultaneously and third, it's way harder to keep a place under ransom when everything respawns incredibly fast. You low levels just love holding carnelia for ransom and it is the only place that us "Higher levels" can train at a decent pace. Of course we never pay ransoms but it does take a few minutes to get rid of the person holding up the area. Not to mention, at carnelia we even have to share with other high levels and it's a single map. So go cry about your problems somewhere else.
Caefer

Re: Really getting tired of those LOW levels

Postby bloodstrikez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 am

Caefer wrote:At least you don't see high levels in holding areas for ransom. The reasons for this are first, we don't generally need money as much, second there are a million places we'd have to hold ransom simultaneously and third, it's way harder to keep a place under ransom when everything respawns incredibly fast. You low levels just love holding carnelia for ransom and it is the only place that us "Higher levels" can train at a decent pace. Of course we never pay ransoms but it does take a few minutes to get rid of the person holding up the area. Not to mention, at carnelia we even have to share with other high levels and it's a single map. So go cry about your problems somewhere else.

It's not about low level or high level. Players that harassing other players, demanding for ransom, expecting that someone would actually pay them, it's stupid, they should be kicked out of the game.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Re: Really getting tired of those LOW levels

Postby Faceless » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:03 am

Caefer wrote:At least you don't see high levels in holding areas for ransom. The reasons for this are first, we don't generally need money as much, second there are a million places we'd have to hold ransom simultaneously and third, it's way harder to keep a place under ransom when everything respawns incredibly fast. You low levels just love holding carnelia for ransom and it is the only place that us "Higher levels" can train at a decent pace. Of course we never pay ransoms but it does take a few minutes to get rid of the person holding up the area. Not to mention, at carnelia we even have to share with other high levels and it's a single map. So go cry about your problems somewhere else.

Asking for ransom? Haha. You sound like a bullied kid.

So you get kicked out of your own level map go to lower levels map and kick them out as a payback. Real cool bro, tell me more. Sounds like a pathetic chain reaction caused by self egoism.
Faceless

Postby _Conquest_ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 am

Faceless wrote:

Asking for ransom? Haha. You sound like a bullied kid.

So you get kicked out of your own level map go to lower levels map and kick them out as a payback. Real cool bro, tell me more. Sounds like a pathetic chain reaction caused by self egoism.

Talk about self egoism!
You're sitting here making a thread about why everyone should leave "your" area just because they're a higher lvl.
Just get over it dude and find somewhere else.
_Conquest_

Postby bloodstrikez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 am

Frankly, any areas in the game belong to no one, the act of asking for ransom is purely idiotic. Killsteal is one thing, we can't deny that it's a form of bullying, judging from the availability of training your loot-steal skill, this game encourage you to do so, it's a competition or just sometimes, simply unfairness at its best.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby SmilingFear » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am

Did you try refreshing the page?
SmilingFear

Postby Gregore » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am

Ransoming is very similar to killstealing in my book. The game certainly allows for it, and a lot of other unsavory behavior. It's up to the broader society, then, to determine what is and isn't tolerated. Notice, there's a lot more vocal support against ransoming than there is higher levels dominating low level rooms, but their effects are similar- they deprive someone of their livelihood for selfish reasons. The balance of power determines fairness and right.
With Love,

Gregore

Next

Return to General