To all the people whining about the update

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naruto » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 pm

So I've been traversing these well worn forums and through the game today and I have seen a ton of posts talking about how unfair its is that they got nerfed, please change it back etc etc etc

Here's my view on it. Consider this update not a nerfing but an all class balancing update. Special skills in most MMOs or RPGs have set cooldowns.

Before the update, there were numerous complaints of Mages spamming Thunder in PVP without restraint and the best class for non stop monster farming was Warrior because of the ability to Power Slash repeatedly and combined with dash, it meant that they could get kills faster than most other classes could.

We got used to spamming special skills like they were normal skills and its about damn time that something was done about it.

So to all you players whining about how much longer it has taken you to kill something now as compared to the pre update version of Helmet Heroes, all I can say is get stronger level/stat wise, what you had before was already imbalanced, this update is just ironing out the playing field for all classes with no dominant class in both PVP and PVE.

/Rant over.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Everyone please:
Image
User avatar
MisoSoup247
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:45 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby itblobboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm

*gasps at the fact that archers are considered balanced*
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby calvinidea » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 pm

itblobboy wrote:*gasps at the fact that archers are considered balanced*

'

OH SHUT UP ABOUT ARCHERS!

Cowboys get nerfed, and now you want what, more BUFF for archers?

For the love of dog!
ImageImage
User avatar
calvinidea
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby itblobboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:24 pm

calvinidea wrote:Cowboys get nerfed, and now you want what, more BUFF for archers?

For the love of dog!


I'd google search an image along the lines of "[laughing intensifies]" if I could be bothered to scrounge up such an image for your reply.

But no, I leave you with the solemn remark of not necessarily saying anything but that I am saying this with a tone of disagreement.

Spoiler: show
Boo boo, boooooooooooo. - digaran.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:25 pm

calvinidea wrote:
itblobboy wrote:*gasps at the fact that archers are considered balanced*

'

OH SHUT UP ABOUT ARCHERS!

Cowboys get nerfed, and now you want what, more BUFF for archers?

For the love of dog!

More buff? Was there a buff for archers?? :lol:

What buff?
Image
User avatar
MisoSoup247
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:45 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby HakerSaki_2nd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:47 am

but still the most OP are mages .. with normal attack and that particles , they are already doing skills as power attack for warriors or arrow rain for archers , in PVP ? yep still with that range and high damage particles .
~ HakerSaki .d~.~b.
- Thanks to this game that had served as my medicine when I was depressed. Well, It was fun. It's fun here outside.
HakerSaki_2nd
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 am
Location: The real game, life.

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby digaran » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:30 am

this is the time i usually tell others >>>>>>>>>> if you dont like it just leave it and stop playing it


well in this case imma have to listen to my advice

btw everything we are now our characters and all are the products of the UN-BALANCED helmet heroes

we got used to it

now you come and take all of that away in 1 day you gonna face a lot of rejections and complains

WTF? lol you not even playing you just observing as you are part of it(which you are kind of)

but the majority here are the ones who actually playing the game every day basis

and they (we all) saying the same thing

not cool to change the rules like this

though even if we all quit the game there will be new gen players (quality ones) who will start the game with these new rules and changes

but it will take time for devs and staff to adjust

or better say kind of like it is a whole new game
and if you like to have more players like us in the future

the least you can do is to meet us half the way


anyways, as for me i know it is not gonna happen any time from now and next 6 months

and when you take the fun away from something well people gonna start to seek it else where
Nope still doesn't feel like it.
User avatar
digaran
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby HakerSaki_2nd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:50 am

digaran wrote:this is the time i usually tell others >>>>>>>>>> if you dont like it just leave it and stop playing it


well in this case imma have to listen to my advice

btw everything we are now our characters and all are the products of the UN-BALANCED helmet heroes

we got used to it

now you come and take all of that away in 1 day you gonna face a lot of rejections and complains

WTF? lol you not even playing you just observing as you are part of it(which you are kind of)

but the majority here are the ones who actually playing the game every day basis

and they (we all) saying the same thing

not cool to change the rules like this

though even if we all quit the game there will be new gen players (quality ones) who will start the game with these new rules and changes

but it will take time for devs and staff to adjust

or better say kind of like it is a whole new game
and if you like to have more players like us in the future

the least you can do is to meet us half the way


anyways, as for me i know it is not gonna happen any time from now and next 6 months

and when you take the fun away from something well people gonna start to seek it else where

i would agree with you .. So many things that have change (of course Big update) like it was not the Helmet Heroes that I knew long ago .. everything is pretty simple .. this is just what I see ..
~ HakerSaki .d~.~b.
- Thanks to this game that had served as my medicine when I was depressed. Well, It was fun. It's fun here outside.
HakerSaki_2nd
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 am
Location: The real game, life.

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naughty » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 am

MisoSoup247 wrote:Everyone please:
Image



haha love it.
User avatar
Naughty
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naruto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:41 am

digaran wrote:this is the time i usually tell others >>>>>>>>>> if you dont like it just leave it and stop playing it


well in this case imma have to listen to my advice

btw everything we are now our characters and all are the products of the UN-BALANCED helmet heroes

we got used to it

now you come and take all of that away in 1 day you gonna face a lot of rejections and complains

WTF? lol you not even playing you just observing as you are part of it(which you are kind of)

but the majority here are the ones who actually playing the game every day basis

and they (we all) saying the same thing

not cool to change the rules like this

though even if we all quit the game there will be new gen players (quality ones) who will start the game with these new rules and changes

but it will take time for devs and staff to adjust

or better say kind of like it is a whole new game
and if you like to have more players like us in the future

the least you can do is to meet us half the way


anyways, as for me i know it is not gonna happen any time from now and next 6 months

and when you take the fun away from something well people gonna start to seek it else where

Just because I don't choose to whittle my life away on this game everyday for more than 5 hours a day doesn't make my post non relevant.

There HAVE been a ton of complaints popping up in the forums since the update and a lot of them are all pretty much just major whining about how unfair it is. They're trying to change the game back to how it was and all because it would be more convenient for themselves during grinding and PVP when in fact the current update would benefit the game a whole lot more.

I honestly couldn't care less if the majority thought that this update is wrong because the only reason they think that way is because they were used to easy farming. The update as it is now is much more like a traditional MMORPG and linking those combos together in a slew of attacks is much more enjoyable than dashing across the map and one shotting Reps with the B key.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby digaran » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 am

well i'm sure if we wanted to play complex games (as for me i would play X360/or X1)

i believe the reason why helmet heroes made it this far and became popular among a lot of other (flash/browser games)
was the simple and easy and finger/mental/brain :lol: friendly

and actually this is the point so every one just kill with 1 key since (for me ) takes 2k reps to kill for a single lvl

now imagine i want to use keys 4 or 5 times for each kill so i have to press 2 keys 4000 times each not counting mostly 2 times E getting used to pick up

i think i will loose my fingers or damage my hand for good for the rest of my life

which already hurts like hell

but you believe that game should be hard and less fun ? i mean COME ON it suppose to Entertain

life is hard as it is and games should be hard as well? then what the BEEEEEPPP are we doing here just to make ourselves more miserable ? some say

IMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope still doesn't feel like it.
User avatar
digaran
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Krobeus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 am

I have seen four different classes in this game complaining about "other" classes being too powerful, about how their class is too weak, nerfed too hard to be able to compete anymore.

There are only four classes!
:roll:
Krobeus "Better the devil you know than an angel you don't."
Selling Phantom Robe $2.4m.
User avatar
Krobeus
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby HakerSaki_2nd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 am

digaran wrote:well i'm sure if we wanted to play complex games (as for me i would play X360/or X1)

i believe the reason why helmet heroes made it this far and became popular among a lot of other (flash/browser games)
was the simple and easy and finger/mental/brain :lol: friendly

and actually this is the point so every one just kill with 1 key since (for me ) takes 2k reps to kill for a single lvl

now imagine i want to use keys 4 or 5 times for each kill so i have to press 2 keys 4000 times each not counting mostly 2 times E getting used to pick up

i think i will loose my fingers or damage my hand for good for the rest of my life

which already hurts like hell

but you believe that game should be hard and less fun ? i mean COME ON it suppose to Entertain

life is hard as it is and games should be hard as well? then what the BEEEEEPPP are we doing here just to make ourselves more miserable ? some say

IMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: yep life is hard , so at least make this game fun and easy .. You are just lucky You have high enough stats .. what if you play as my character .. damn you will feel you are stucked at a place and cant progress anymore because the stats you need to save is high and skills are useless now in grinding .. you can just do normal attack which is way faster than charging ur skill up .. you are saying that coz you have already benefited from it .. also the game is now less competitive .. even if you can grind whole day , you can't surpass now those higher and more stronger players .. and those skills that had before make it possible .. please don't see this as something personal ;)
~ HakerSaki .d~.~b.
- Thanks to this game that had served as my medicine when I was depressed. Well, It was fun. It's fun here outside.
HakerSaki_2nd
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 am
Location: The real game, life.

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby CCafe » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:00 am

Naruto wrote:So I've been traversing these well worn forums and through the game today and I have seen a ton of posts talking about how unfair its is that they got nerfed, please change it back etc etc etc

Here's my view on it. Consider this update not a nerfing but an all class balancing update. Special skills in most MMOs or RPGs have set cooldowns.

Before the update, there were numerous complaints of Mages spamming Thunder in PVP without restraint and the best class for non stop monster farming was Warrior because of the ability to Power Slash repeatedly and combined with dash, it meant that they could get kills faster than most other classes could.

We got used to spamming special skills like they were normal skills and its about damn time that something was done about it.

So to all you players whining about how much longer it has taken you to kill something now as compared to the pre update version of Helmet Heroes, all I can say is get stronger level/stat wise, what you had before was already imbalanced, this update is just ironing out the playing field for all classes with no dominant class in both PVP and PVE.

/Rant over.


Sure you can say that because you have astronomical stats, but do stat reset and see how well you like running around with less than 3000 str. I guarantee you that your whole tone would change because now this skill reset as you call it has dramatically slowed you down. I'm on that cusp of having just enough power to say wow if I just invest in a little more I won't need to use power attack but the point is I dropped a ton of time and effort to get power attack maxed and now I'm being told I'm not allowed to use it at the speed was before the update. This sucks and there is no other way around it but to yell at the developer with my distaste for it.

To all players out there who have 10K on your attack, you guys need to do a skill reset and then tell me how you feel about this problem when you have 7K less for an attack.
CCafe
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 am
Location: Des Moines, IA

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naruto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:28 pm

CCafe wrote:
Sure you can say that because you have astronomical stats, but do stat reset and see how well you like running around with less than 3000 str. I guarantee you that your whole tone would change because now this skill reset as you call it has dramatically slowed you down. I'm on that cusp of having just enough power to say wow if I just invest in a little more I won't need to use power attack but the point is I dropped a ton of time and effort to get power attack maxed and now I'm being told I'm not allowed to use it at the speed was before the update. This sucks and there is no other way around it but to yell at the developer with my distaste for it.

To all players out there who have 10K on your attack, you guys need to do a skill reset and then tell me how you feel about this problem when you have 7K less for an attack.

You think just because I have 10K strength (which is a small amount compared to the likes of coke and most of the top tier players nowadays) that I wasn't slowed down by this update at all?

Even with 10K strength, it has taken me around 6 normal hits to kill a Repguana now compared to the 1 power slash pre update and I think it was 9 normal hits to kill a Proteum now compared to the 2 swift power slashes before.

Normal hits are the way to go because by the time I charge up a power slash now to one hit something, I would have killed it via a normal hit combo anyways.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that this update has affected everyone. Pre update allowed players with power slash the ability to kill things way above their actual ability, this update just goes to show the stats you actually need to grind at the mid/end-game monsters like Repguanas and Proteums.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I can deal with eveyrthing else in the update, except the skills. I would rather stay with the button mashing rather than trying to figure out what each skill move does. The guild heal won't work, apparently it was removed which is a stupid idea...

#RIPpetTrainingForMages
User avatar
Mariofan1
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby AquaDragon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Hey look I'm alive! :o

Back on topic, I've noticed that the skills are much more confusing. The act of the skills being nerfed isn't that big of a deal to me. After playing for around 30 mins, I've noticed that the ways skills are activated now (Ex. Power Slash is forward+space) aren't as accurate as before. I'll end up activating a skill while I am attacking an enemy when I didn't want to use that skill in the first place. Thus, I just wasted some mp that I could have saved up for when I really needed it. Also, the way the mp bar recharges also seems different as well.
AquaDragon
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Sintoque » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:56 am

Whine for the awkward controls. I'm on it.
⚛ D U N A M I S ⚛


IM JUST STILL LURKING
User avatar
Sintoque
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:12 am

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby frostfang123 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:16 am

I THINK I'LL QUIT THIS GAME NOW, BUT I'LL STILL BE ACTIVE IN THE FORUMS. OR UNTIL THE NEW UPDATE GETS A NEW AND MORE FAIR FEATURE
Last edited by frostfang123 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
frostfang123
 
Posts: 1947
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 am
Location: Susaki, Kochi, Japan

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naruto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:51 am

Sintoque wrote:Whine for the awkward controls. I'm on it.

I wouldn't mind changing the key bindings back to the previous key controls as long as the skills stay the same.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Pluui » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:59 am

The only thing that I have a problem with is how Robby can release a huge game-changing update like this and not provide a free, possibly optional, respec, or at the very least a free reskill. As a mage, this doesn't even really affect me, but I can completely understand how frustrated a warrior would be at investing in 200 skill levels into what is now essentially a useless skill with the only way to remedy the situation being to spend RL money (either yourself or buying from someone else that did). That is completely unacceptable to me in what is advertised as a "FTP game". I am not so quixotic as to think that anything will come of this, but I will also not sit by pusillanimously and fail to speak up for what I see as being grave misstep in releasing such a game-changing update without adequate consideration for the ramifications to the player-base and their currently established mode of play. That isn't to say that Robby shouldn't change the game as he sees fit because it is his game, but a lot of people have now spent a lot of money on this, and it is kind of a slap to the face to them to expect them to now spend even more simply to readjust their skills in order to fix their now-useless skills.

I'd like to note that besides the deluge of glitches, I am loving the update.
Pluui
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Krobeus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:38 am

AquaDragon wrote:I'll end up activating a skill while I am attacking an enemy when I didn't want to use that skill in the first place.

This happened to me too, I like to jump around while I'm grinding Beholders so I can hit them in the big eye, I know the damage is the same but it's more fun! Only now I keep activating that square-of-light-thingie.
Krobeus "Better the devil you know than an angel you don't."
Selling Phantom Robe $2.4m.
User avatar
Krobeus
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Poodle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

The only things I can complain about are randomly losing 200+mp, disconnecting, and how impossible it is for me to remember the different attacks.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Thanks to Lotsoflove for this sig :D
Image
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water

Jakub wrote:Luck is cut in half by 1/3. So if a pet had 18 luck, it now has 6 luck.
User avatar
Poodle
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: USA, North America, Earth, Solar System#842, Milky way Galaxy, Universe #217, Multiverse

Re: To all the people whining about the update

Postby Naruto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Poodle wrote:The only things I can complain about are randomly losing 200+mp, disconnecting, and how impossible it is for me to remember the different attacks.

The disappearance of MP seems to be happening to quite a few people, I was using power attack the other day and a friend of mine lost her MP in that process. Not sure exactly what it is that causes it cause I assumed that mana use shouldn' affect other players.
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest