Q/A About Pets

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Re: Q/A About Pets

Postby bloodstrikez » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:43 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:
Mariofan1 wrote:someone answer my Q

I asked but I got no answer. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to though.

Haven't tested it myself yet but according to the latest update patch, "pets can now be attacked in PVP".
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm

I have another question!
Does the movement speed of when you are riding a pet depened on the pet's dexterity or your characters dexterity?
MisoSoup247

Postby Revivified » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:13 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:I have another question!
Does the movement speed of when you are riding a pet depened on the pet's dexterity or your characters dexterity?

I tested this with 2 mounts: one with ~100 dex and another with ~200 dex. I ran across an equal length of the same zone with both mounts while timing how long it took. Both times were equal regardless of the mounts' dex.

I also checked to see if dex influences pet following speed (NOT when mounted). I had a pet following me that has 12 dex and another with ~200 dex. I placed both pets in "Nothing" mode, started on the far left side of a zone, and ran toward the right side of the zone. Both pets teleported to me at what appeared to be the same spot on the map, which suggests following speed is also untouched by dex for pets.

Bottom line: dex seems to only influence crit chance for pets.
Revivified

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:34 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:I have another question!

This is how robby answered your question.

robby wrote:Your characters. For now at least.
CandyNutJob

Postby Mewmew » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah I have a Tebra that's in it's 3rd form and I'm riding it, so that's definitely confirmed.

*Edit - I know someone said an NPC was riding one, but it's still nice to confirm for sure that us players can ride them too so that's why I posted this :D
Mewmew

Postby Mewmew » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:20 pm

"Currently, there's not a whole lot of benefit to stopping a pet from evolving other than personal preference.
Thought everyone would like to know!!"

Actually there is a big benefit right now. I am hoping it changes though... When your pet evolves up to it's 3rd form so you can ride it, "Mount" becomes the 3rd mode, replacing whatever used to be there. If it's original 3rd mode is something you really liked, it's going to stink to lose it and you'll want to stop it from evolving.

I really hope he's going to change it so mounting them becomes a 4th option and doesn't overwrite another one :/ Or at least let the person choose which slot it overwrites.
Mewmew

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Mewmew wrote:"Currently, there's not a whole lot of benefit to stopping a pet from evolving other than personal preference.

Actually there is a big benefit right now. I am hoping it changes though... When your pet evolves up to it's 3rd form so you can ride it, "Mount" becomes the 3rd mode, replacing whatever used to be there. If it's original 3rd mode is something you really liked, it's going to stink to lose it and you'll want to stop it from evolving.

I really hope he's going to change it so mounting them becomes a 4th option and doesn't overwrite another one :/ Or at least let the person choose which slot it overwrites.

Oh shit..
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby Mewmew » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:18 pm

bloodstrikez wrote:
Mewmew wrote:"Currently, there's not a whole lot of benefit to stopping a pet from evolving other than personal preference.

Oh shit..

I imagine a lot of people are going to be saying that when they evolve to the 3rd form and notice a mode is gone to make room for Mount :D Here's praying that may change...
Mewmew

Postby Gregore » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Here's a ridable list:
Duck
Bunnydog
Gibler
Fox
Tebra
Caterpillar
Bunyan- (this is my guess, the rest I'm sure of)

Dwimplepike is not ridable.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Stabber » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 pm

INCORRECT. Evolved pets gain more stats per level increase than unevolved ones.
Stabber

Previous

Return to General