A Nu Start News, Week 2: WE'RE NUMBER 5! (AKA WE SUCK LOL)

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

A Nu Start News, Week 2: WE'RE NUMBER 5! (AKA WE SUCK LOL)

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:57 pm

So, yeah, Subject Header says it all; we're officially the number 5 guild on Helmet Heroes! Pretty swanky, amirite, my legion of no good a-holes and d-bags?

We've officially hit capacity with the 39th member of our merry guild joining up, meaning it's time to start setting quotas if we're going to keep the guild growing and advancing. This may not sound all that great, but the quotas aren't going to be anything too unrealistic for the casual gamer to hit per timeframe; I'm more loyal to current members than I am people wanting to join, but if you aren't playing at all and you aren't saying anything about not being able to...see ya, brah.

So, for this week, the quota number to hit is the minimum allowed level as soon as we fill; Level 40.

Here's a handy dandy rankings chart of all the members of our fine f***ed up guild, including the dreaded "Mendoza Line" for those of you that have some work to do, homes.

Darren- Lv 114
belding- Lv 106
------------------------------------- (Above this line, f*** you for making me look bad in my own guild >,<)
omglolwtfbbq- Lv 102
wangskie29- Lv 98
LittlePrince- Lv 92
WHITEpower- Lv 89
huy36112- Lv 80
adictoooz- Lv 78
bran986- Lv 72
Gnarrzter- Lv 71
MBazeBest- Lv 70
konamenlolo- Lv 62
vaqueiro- Lv 59
29019221- Lv 58
Gabe1- Lv 52
Alzi- Lv 51
--------------------------------------- (Below this line, you're safe for about another week or two...)
bhoxzkhen- Lv 49
JereksBabyMama-Lv 49
NoisyKiller- Lv 47
brandon343- Lv 46
Kuraradou- Lv 44
steveHOLT- Lv 43
DXFACE1000- Lv 42
Danimal- Lv 41
Feline- Lv 41
Lord_Eclipse- Lv 41
Gladiator- Lv 40
-------------------------------------- (Below this line, you're at risk!)
anuna123- Lv 39
Dorianh- Lv 37
Wanko- Lv 37
zero8362- Lv 37
Naurtokitten101- Lv 35
like_A_Bozz- Lv 34
axelis1d01- Lv 33
blah779- Lv 33
Rando- Lv 32
johnson10- Lv 31
gboyss- Lv 30
LMAFO- Lv 28

We have 12 members that need to step up and level in the next 72 hours or be at risk of getting the ol' boot. To help you lower guildies have some additional incentive to get to 40, I'm paying $2,500 (in game gold, numbnuts) to each of you guys that reach 40 before the deadline, and the same amount to any of my level 40-50 peeps that can crunch it up to 55 before the deadline. That means you have til 6 pm CST on Wednesday to hit your marks, gang.

For the 50-80 group, let's focus on staying around the Woods as a group and using the guild exp share to really boost those levels up. My advice to guildies all in one location? Make an agreement before you start slaying things to cash share all the loot you procure while you're there. That way, everyone is grinding up an equal amount of dough and players that are better suited as salesmen can go sell the loot for a profit while the rest can sit back and hack and slash and...shoot...and wave a wand away, I guess.

80+? You're with me whenever I'm on, and we'll be tackling the new Robo City area, with all the bots and stalkers, and kill looters and shit. We'll wreck things, create general disarray, and be what this guild is supposed to be; a group of happy-go-lucky trouble seekers.

Final note: I've already gotten one Future Helmet drop from the bots, so guildies looking for cheap Future Helms should ask the higher level guys about getting them; I'll sell them to you guys for 90k (about 10-20k lower than your average seller) and all guildies need to set the same price if selling in guild; don't rip your brothers off, brother.

Seacrest out!
Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist, the world’s first “analrapist.”

Tobias Funke: My personal Jesus.
Jerek'sBabyMama

Re: A Nu Start News, Week 2: WE'RE NUMBER 5! (AKA WE SUCK LO

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Congratulations on getting 5th place! Aim for number one! Confidence is key.
RoySamuels

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Why do you have a member named WHITEpower? Does your guild endorse that message?
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Asking the same thing as Gregore here. I may be looking for a guild in the future and I wanna know what i'm joining.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Gregore wrote:Why do you have a member named WHITEpower? Does your guild endorse that message?

Yeah I've seen that guy around, I don't talk to him though because I'm not into that type of message.
RoySamuels

Postby madchafer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Not if Diabolical can get away with the number one spot, anyways, not only them but there are also competitors bro
madchafer

Postby belding » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 am

So sorry to make you look bad. i should have stayed in the 90's while you were not playing for days (on vacation or whatever) to make you look better and stay off the top 5 board. I recruited a level 60+ while you were gone too.
belding

Postby Gregore » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am

And do you, belding, support the message of white power?
With Love,

Gregore

Postby belding » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 pm

i am not racist. i dont think he is either. i have never talked directly to him but i have heard him talking to other people. i think he is just trying to get a rise out of people. I wouldn't choose a name like that personaly.
belding

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

@belding: dude, i was joking. i thought the >,< after my message on that line sort of confirmed it. :D

@everyone going nuts about some dude named whitepower: his name is strictly to f with people and cause...well, cause exactly what happened in this forum. so, the troll trolled you, or whatever. i think everyone of all races suck balls, including my own, so maybe i'm a anti-humanist or something.

so yeah, y'all can just get over the mini drama and go back to your regular lives now, kthxbai.
Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist, the world’s first “analrapist.”

Jerek'sBabyMama

Postby Gregore » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Whether it's to make people angry or because he believes in the supremacy of the white race seems like splitting hairs. Considering the time we live in and the pain racism is still causing today, I'm not really certain which is worse.
Regardless, WHITEpower is not who I am wondering about. There are people like him all over the place- I ignore them unless they're in government. Belding and OMG and everyone else who're in a guild with him are who puzzle me. When someone makes a strong statement like that, whatever the reason, you're endorsing it by associating it with them. I'm not certain what the term Troll is supposed to mean, but I suspect it's not a good thing. Yet, you're associating with it.

OMG and belding, this is your guild and by having this fellow in your guild, you are endorsing his opinion. If he were your friend in the real world and had a White Power t-shirt on, would you walk down the street with him? Would you introduce him to your friends, to your parents, to whoever's important in your life?

Again, the amazing thing to me is not that he exists, but that 39 some other people would blindly associate with whatever hateful thing he's espousing.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby RoySamuels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Jerek'sBabyMama wrote: i think everyone of all races suck balls, including my own, so maybe i'm a anti-humanist or something.

We are like the same person. You just being the geezer version :lol:
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I'll just take a miss on this stuff then.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Dude; it's a silly name on a silly video game. You're in maximum soap box mode. You're also not in our guild, so why don't you stay out of our affairs and let us deal with whether or not we have a problem with someone? We've all talked to the guy before; he's funny, he isn't racist, lives in the midwest and deals with all races 24/7 and isn't a supremacist at all.

Seriously. Quit trying to turn Helmet Heroes into your own political/social/economic venting ground like you did with looters in a different thread. All you're doing is making people like me (someone who is actively trying to run a guild and promote guild activities within the group) just not want to play this game anymore, because I don't feel like being ostracized by some white knight internet superhero who wants us all to examine our morals because someone has a dumb username for a game.

Jerek'sBabyMama

Postby belding » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:06 pm

to omg: I knew you were joking. i forgot to use my sarcasm font when i wrote that, just giving you a hard time.

to everyone else: this isn't my guild, just because i am one of the best guys in it doesn't mean i take credit for this bunch of losers (joking). there are people in it that i owe something to so i am a part of it. there is someone in most guilds that i have a problem with (people who harrass or steal). if the worst thing a guy has is a name that makes people mad then he isnt the worst player in the game.

Whether i agree with his choice or not there are other people in here that i respect.

That is all i have to say, it has gone way farther than it should have.
belding

Postby Gregore » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 pm

There are a few different points of contention here.
Foremost seems to be whether games are connected to the larger world at all. I believe they are. My life doesn't pause, my brain doesn't cease recording things when I log on to Helmet Heroes. My assumption is that the same is true of everyone else that plays. Games are a medium of expression and mediums always say something. Attempting to ignore what they're saying does not mean they cease to speak. We're always changing we're changed by what we expose ourselves to. Saying "it's just a game" doesn't put your life on hold.
If you would prefer to disconnect your games from the larger world, I recommend you look to who you associate with. WHITEpower as a message, regardless the intention, is very much is very much political and very much connected to the larger world. It's not like there's white mana in the game that he could be referring to. He is referring to it in the sense of race and he is doing so to say something to someone else. You contend that he isn't trying to say that whites are better, rather that he wants to bother people. That's a political move and a whole lot more aggressive than asking you why you associate with someone who would do that.

The second point of contention is whether associating with someone who espouses white power reflects at all upon the person who is doing the associating. I contend that it does. I wouldn't walk down the street with someone who carried a White Power sign- I can't think of a good reason for it. I'd feel ashamed. BabyMama may not and maybe that's my answer. It seems, though, that he also doesn't want to own the message, as though he didn't decide to confirm someone named WHITEpower into his guild. Belding doesn't believe the guild he's in is his guild. He's managed to disassociate himself in his head from that message of hate, even as he willingly belongs to a small organization that contains that message. He applied for membership and he got it. These are actions. No tide swept you in this direction.

The third point of contention is whether carrying a sign that says WHITEpower is problematic at all. If I am reading the argument correctly, it is worse to pose openly the question of why people would directly link themselves to that message than to proclaim WHITEpower "in order to f with people." Why is it better to promote a climate of fear and hate than it is to examine the causes of that climate? Was your friend similarly grilled and disparaged due to his name choice? Belding, when you joined, did you ask anyone, including yourself, what you were getting into?
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Gregore. Just stop. Really.

You're not even in my guild.

And we've all made our points pretty clear. If you have a problem with his name, that's wonderful. But the general consensus of me, my fellow guildies, and even some other guilds I polled came to the same conclusion; "It's a name. Whoopee."

Would you like to also go berate the Diabolical clan while you're at it? They have the Guild Tag 666; don't you think the Mark Of The Beast is a tad bit more offensive?

...don't answer that, actually. I really don't care.

*Edit* I've actually seen WHITE talk to robby in game before. He hasn't been deleted or renamed. Interesting.

Jerek'sBabyMama

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Finally made my way to the forums.....
Darren

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Sorry you got to stumble into this as your intro to forum lurking, sir. >,<

Jerek'sBabyMama

Postby Gregore » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 pm

I don't have anything else to say about it- you've both answered my question- other than to note that I was not advocating the banning of WHITEpower.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby RoySamuels » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 am

Darren wrote:Finally made my way to the forums.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 am

I'm gonna just... nope.
itblobboy

Postby WHITEpower » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:58 am

i think gregor is just upset because he sees something he dosn't like, and wants to make everyone know that. Well bud, no one cares, and you shouldnt either, if you havn't grown up enough to learn to tolerate a group of letters, then go back to high school, and grow up some more. This isn't white versus black, or white versus anything, i like being white, and frankly without white people the United States probably wouldn't be what it is today. so really the image im trying to portray is pride is being white. If it said black power, or asian power you wouldn't even think twice about it, so chill off and go home, your drunk.
WHITEpower

Postby itblobboy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 am

I hate when people use the 'its just letters' excuse. Words have power, [various insults can go here]. :|

Also if you think nobody cares you've got another thing coming! :lol:
itblobboy

Postby RoySamuels » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:12 am

WHITEpower wrote:i think gregor is just upset because he sees something he dosn't like, and wants to make everyone know that. Well bud, no one cares, and you shouldnt either, if you havn't grown up enough to learn to tolerate a group of letters, then go back to high school, and grow up some more. This isn't white versus black, or white versus anything, i like being white, and frankly without white people the United States probably wouldn't be what it is today. so really the image im trying to portray is pride is being white. If it said black power, or asian power you wouldn't even think twice about it, so chill off and go home, your drunk.

"White people" poisoned the fresh land that natives lived upon in a self sufficient way, which is how the Almighty God originally intended upon. "White people" are the reason that people are suffering and living in a poor state, while others full of greed are on top. "White people" have created the most powerful country in the world that I live in today, but at what cost exactly? Like being white still? Hmm? How about we all stop putting labels on each other and just keep ourselves as people, children under God?
RoySamuels

Next

Return to General