Hacker

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Hacker

Postby ousley01 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:58 pm

ghostxxlolxx is a hacker he got 1 second pick up he took one of my books that was dropped by green blobs :oops: :x :?
ousley01

Re: Hacker

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Thats not hacking, you're just trying to get him in trouble because you didnt get the book.
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby Naruto » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 pm

ousley01 wrote:ghostxxlolxx is a hacker he got 1 second pick up he took one of my books that was dropped by green blobs :oops: :x :?

This isn't hacking, it's loot stealing and for a lengthy and well structured paragraph on loot stealing, please refer to Ky's paragraph:

Ky372 wrote:2) Item-stealing

A bigger controversy than Kill-stealing way back when. It used to be that when a monster was killed, the drops were free-reign. So if you killed a monster and its loot fell to a lower level, you best hope that no one is down there and that you can get to it before someone else did. Then Robby implemented the XP division. Everyone was happy, until they realized loot was still free-reign. Then Robby finally listened to the numerous threads of complaints and implemented a 4-second timer for loot and money drops. This meant that the person to get the highest amount of damage on the monster was given a safety net of 4 seconds to grab the loot before anyone else could even try and pick it up. This is where we stand today.

Now then, is Item-stealing worthy of a ban? Absolutely NOT! Firstly, 4 seconds is a huge amount of time to be given. If you don't pick up your items in that amount of time, people can only assume you do not want the drop. But Ky, what if my inventory is full and I can't pick it up, or can't drop an item and then pick it up fast enough? Well, I'm sorry, but that's still your fault. I monitor my inventory and am well aware of when I'm getting close to being full. Rarely will you see me not be able to pick up an item (unless it's at Carnelia since those lower tier monsters have massive drop rates). But Ky, whenever i drop an item right next to the loot item, I pick up my dropped item instead, it's not fair that I have to walk away from the loot item, drop my item, and then pick up the loot item. Again, your issue is inventory space, as to which you should be monitoring. With the 4-second safety buffer, that should give you ample time to get to your loot and pick it up. If you do not pick it up, it is free-reign.

Also, as far as I know, the green blobs that you're talking about, I'm guessing you mean green bouncers, they don't drop books.

Item/loot stealing is just one of the many things that happen in this game; there's even a skill to help loot stealers, that doesn't mean we should loot steal people because that would be immoral but it happens and there is no infringement of the rules of the game and so this person cannot be deemed a hacker.
Naruto

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 pm

not bouncers, he means green goo cubes.
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby Metalmorphosist » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Naruto wrote:
ousley01 wrote:ghostxxlolxx is a hacker he got 1 second pick up he took one of my books that was dropped by green blobs :oops: :x :?

This isn't hacking, it's loot stealing and for a lengthy and well structured paragraph on loot stealing, please refer to Ky's paragraph:

Ky372 wrote:2) Item-stealing

A bigger controversy than Kill-stealing way back when. It used to be that when a monster was killed, the drops were free-reign. So if you killed a monster and its loot fell to a lower level, you best hope that no one is down there and that you can get to it before someone else did. Then Robby implemented the XP division. Everyone was happy, until they realized loot was still free-reign. Then Robby finally listened to the numerous threads of complaints and implemented a 4-second timer for loot and money drops. This meant that the person to get the highest amount of damage on the monster was given a safety net of 4 seconds to grab the loot before anyone else could even try and pick it up. This is where we stand today.

Now then, is Item-stealing worthy of a ban? Absolutely NOT! Firstly, 4 seconds is a huge amount of time to be given. If you don't pick up your items in that amount of time, people can only assume you do not want the drop. But Ky, what if my inventory is full and I can't pick it up, or can't drop an item and then pick it up fast enough? Well, I'm sorry, but that's still your fault. I monitor my inventory and am well aware of when I'm getting close to being full. Rarely will you see me not be able to pick up an item (unless it's at Carnelia since those lower tier monsters have massive drop rates). But Ky, whenever i drop an item right next to the loot item, I pick up my dropped item instead, it's not fair that I have to walk away from the loot item, drop my item, and then pick up the loot item. Again, your issue is inventory space, as to which you should be monitoring. With the 4-second safety buffer, that should give you ample time to get to your loot and pick it up. If you do not pick it up, it is free-reign.

Also, as far as I know, the green blobs that you're talking about, I'm guessing you mean green bouncers, they don't drop books.

Item/loot stealing is just one of the many things that happen in this game; there's even a skill to help loot stealers, that doesn't mean we should loot steal people because that would be immoral but it happens and there is no infringement of the rules of the game and so this person cannot be deemed a hacker.
Actually he meant Goo Cubes.
TRUST NO THOT
I have a pet named after me <3
Metalmorphosist

Postby ousley01 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:08 pm

ok i guess its that then
ousley01

Postby itblobboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Naruto wrote:Also, as far as I know, the green blobs that you're talking about, I'm guessing you mean green bouncers

That would actually be me.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby zikry akmal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 am

zikry akmal

Postby Ky372 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:28 am

zikry akmal wrote:http://prntscr.com/21lfck

Make sure to refresh the screen when you see things like that. I see stuff like that all the time, and it's just a matter of the server not sending you their correct position. I've seen people in the middle of enemies not getting hurt, some floating, etc. But a refreshing the area (leaving and coming back) always fixes it.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372

Return to General