Helmet Heroes Assistant v3.0

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Helmet Heroes Assistant v3.0

Postby Caefer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello fellow helmet heroes! This is my first post but I am sure quite a few of you have seen me in game. Over the past few days I realized that the helmet heroes wiki was lacking something and it took too many clicks to get to what I wanted. Therefore, I decided to write a program to do the stuff that the wiki doesn't. I Present to you all....
the Helmet Heroes Assistant.

It has a Level Experience calculator to tell you how much experience you need to get to go from
any one level to any other level(above it).

A damage calculator to let you know what your minimum and maximum damage will be both with and without a critical hit

An item by level guide so you can search any level and see what items become available at that point (Yes, it contains every helmet, armor, legging, boot, shield and weapon in the game)

The very popular feature, Merchant Calculator to make all your transactions faster. It will take in as many items as you enter and add them all up for you as you go.

A Monster Damage Calculator which will tell you how much damage a monster can do to you (if any)

A Monster Fighting Guide which takes in a bunch of your stats, crunches some numbers and outputs the monster you should be grinding on to level up the fastest.

A Search function which is comprehensive and lets you go through all the items of HH in various different ways.

And the Pet Menu which has some helpful stuff in it for prospective pet owners. The function is not quite completed yet but it is partially usable

The Newest addition is the Stat Allocation Guide which will help you figure out where you should be putting your stats when you purchase a stat reset from payvault. With a little creativity it can be used for planning where your stats should go in the future as well. Expect a skill point allocation guide at some point in the future as well to compliment this :)

Hope you guys enjoy it.
======================================================================================================
Current Release:
Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vxkb4 ... t_v3.0.jar

NOTE: If this jar file doesn't work, please ensure you have the Java Runtime Environment installed. You can download the latest version for that here: http://tinyurl.com/pyy48to

======================================================================================================

OLD VERSION
Download Links:
Please note these are old versions and are no longer supported. They are here if you have trouble with the new Java version.
Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ur71 ... t+v1.9.zip

Mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/84ugy ... C+v1.9.zip

Beta Version:

Download:
No Beta version available at this time. Check out the full release!

Also, if you would like to support me in my effort to make this program better, Robby has okay'ed me to add a donations option. If you like the Assistant and think it's worth it. Make a donation, every little bit helps :)
Donate:
http://tinyurl.com/qhf3d2w

NOW WORKING ON:
Pet Item Guide.
Search suggestion for the merchant calculator and search option.
Item Stats for the Search function
Merging the level item guide into the Search function
Pet Orb Calculator
Skill Points Allocation Guide(Done)
Finishing the pet menu

Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug with Class Search that was not properly handling user inputs.
- Fixed main menu crash when users entered a number that was not listed.
- Fixed a bug in the "Guide of Items by Level" where users would get random streams of "No new items become available at that level".

I am also open to suggestions and I am not done with this, I plan on adding quite a lot more in the days to come, so give me your ideas on improvements and new features and I will see what I can do.

~Caefer
Last edited by Caefer on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Caefer

Re: Helmet Heroes Assistant

Postby robby » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 am

Don't worry, doesn't have any viruses, I checked. =P
robby
Site Admin

Postby Caefer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:40 am

I just released v1.2.1 for this as I noticed there was an issue with the damage calculator, full details in the readme.
Also thanks to Husker for suggesting a merchant calculator I am starting work on this today. It will have all the items in the data base and a built in calculator to add them up with values at both 35% and 60% of store value. A side effect of this could also be a searchable item catalog with pricing etc. As always suggestions are very welcome.

*update: this is only a partial fix, next update will include the full fix
Last edited by Caefer on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Kudos!

I won't be downloading it, but still, much kudos :D
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Caefer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks blob, I appreciate that.
Caefer

Postby Naruto » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Downloaded it, used it and loved it. Damage calculations are slightly off but everything else functions perfectly off. Thanks Caefer for making this programme and also a little suggestion: Perhaps a way to find the amount of damage you take from a particular monster? Because currently I have 503 defense and I know you need around 520-550 defense to fight Bricks whilst taking no damage but I am unsure of the defense values for say Beholder and Lotus Eyes....

Great job on making this programme though and thanks again! :)
Naruto

Postby Caefer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

Naruto wrote: Damage calculations are slightly off...

I fixed this and it will be released with the merchant calculator in v1.3.

Naruto wrote: Perhaps a way to find the amount of damage you take from a particular monster

I also have wanted to add this for a while and the idea of a guide for what monsters you should be fighting based on defense and attack. The only problem is the power of the monster has a randomized value so until I can get a hold of the damage algorithm there isn't much I can do.
Caefer

Re: Helmet Heroes Assistant v1.2.1

Postby Stabber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Maximum monster damage is 1.6x power, I think.
Stabber

Postby ArnoldElfman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm

May I ask what language you used? I haven't downloaded it, just came across the post and am curious. For myself I made a quick and dirty Perl script for telling me how much exp from one level to a higher one as it sounds like your program does.
ArnoldElfman

Postby Caefer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 am

ArnoldElfman wrote:May I ask what language you used? I haven't downloaded it, just came across the post and am curious. For myself I made a quick and dirty Perl script for telling me how much exp from one level to a higher one as it sounds like your program does.

I am using C++. It works quite well for this sort of thing and has the added bonus of creating it's own executable file.

Stabber wrote:Maximum monster damage is 1.6x power, I think.

If this is true, it's awesome. I will start work on the strength/defense ratio to monster guide ASAP using the 1.6 multiplier. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Caefer

Re: Helmet Heroes Assistant v1.3

Postby Gregore » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 am

Neat program!
Damage calculation for Mages doesn't work for me. The screen keeps scrolling ad nauseum when I type "magic" after the initial damage calculator question.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Caefer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 am

Gregore wrote:Neat program!
Damage calculation for Mages doesn't work for me. The screen keeps scrolling ad nauseum when I type "magic" after the initial damage calculator question.

You are not supposed to type "Magic" you type the stat number i.e. 214 or whatever your magic stat is.
Caefer

Postby Gregore » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 am

Hee! Gotcha. Sorry for the false alarm!
With Love,

Gregore

Re: *NEW* Helmet Heroes Assistant v1.4

Postby Caefer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:41 am

Finally Updated to 1.4! Hope you guys like it :D
Caefer

Postby plak&shlak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:44 am

is it update automatical or that everytime you update we need to download that?
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Caefer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am

Unfortunately its a re-download every time, but once it starts stabilizing and it nears completion it will only update as the game updates.
Caefer

Postby ataak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Hey loving the download so far... I did come across an error though

Knight helmet merchant value is way off... at 55% it rang in at 990 rather than 9900... anyway so far it seems everything else is computing right for me, just add that extra 0. Thank you for this wonderful calculator :)

~Ataak

@'~~you can't be mad when you're eating a cupcake~~'@
ataak

Postby MasterQuackster » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:13 pm

1.4 is very helpful, continue working like that :D
Stop calling me a freaking duck
MasterQuackster

Postby Gregore » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm

To make it harder on you, could you somehow figure in skills and payvault (Area Teleport) items into your Monster Recommendation Equation?
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Caefer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 am

Gregore wrote:To make it harder on you, could you somehow figure in skills and payvault (Area Teleport) items into your Monster Recommendation Equation?

the area teleport is made irrelevant due to the way I set up the test and verification algorithm, however as far as skills go, I will definitely add them in.

ataak wrote:Hey loving the download so far... I did come across an error though

Knight helmet merchant value is way off... at 55% it rang in at 990 rather than 9900... anyway so far it seems everything else is computing right for me, just add that extra 0. Thank you for this wonderful calculator :)

~Ataak

Thanks for that, ataak, love feedback like this. I fixed the Knight helmet and it will be released with the next update.
Caefer

Postby Caefer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 pm

MasterQuackster wrote:1.4 is very helpful, continue working like that :D

Thanks, and as always I am open to suggestions for improvements. I would love to hear from you guys on what kind of stuff you want to see in this. Ways to improve on what I have or completely new functions, just let me know and I will try my best to get them in.
Caefer

Re: Helmet Heroes Assistant v1.4

Postby MasterYi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Sounds amazing, really would be helpful, i'll look into this.. great work!

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby Caefer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys want me to make a mac port of this. I know of at least two people who would use this on mac. If there are more I will write one up and get it out to you guys.
Thanks Heroes,
Caefer
Caefer

Postby Stabber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

How about a JavaScript version?
Stabber

Postby Caefer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Stabber wrote:How about a JavaScript version?

Well I don't exactly know JavaScript and it's much faster to just use an apple compiler and C++ where I can basically just use my already written code and simply rebuild it on Apple rather than write a whole new batch of code.
Caefer

Next

Return to General