Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Everyone's probably inadvertently looted at one point or another; whether it be due to lag or an overactive autopilot. This forum is to raise public awareness about folks who loot and, when confronted, admit to the looting in an unapologetic fashion. This is for those who knowingly loot to serve as warning for those of us who do not support their efforts.

ZIUTEK just took an egg shield from a friend of mine. I confronted him, suggesting he should give it back and he replied, NOPE.
ziutek.jpg
ziutek.jpg (66.59 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby MasterQuackster » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:51 pm

ouch
Stop calling me a freaking duck
Image
User avatar
MasterQuackster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Ashdod, Israel

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Yip. So I encourage others to add to this forum as you come across unrepentant looters. Further, if you see an unrepentant looter, I encourage you to think several times before trading with them. What your buying could well be someone else's lost treasure.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Zeus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Yeah I hate when people steal my items :S
Yesterday I just lost a future armor because someone stole it when I killed a block bot...
Too bad I don't remember his name.

In my opinion, the killer should automatically get the money and item that the monster dropped. That would avoid stealers.
User avatar
Zeus
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby unamoosed » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 pm

This is a great idea, sort of like a blacklist. Public shame for those jerks.
User avatar
unamoosed
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby RoySamuels » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

A guy named johnny with numbers following that stole a halberd that I got from killing a robot. When I asked for it back he said to say please. I replied with a "Por Favor" and afterwards he said it doesn't count. I said well its the same thing and I am hispanic. He turned possessive and said "Im the one with the loot here, not you." So I just said "F*** you, keep the damn halberd." And I went on my merry way.
User avatar
RoySamuels
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:31 pm

I think that would count as an unrepentant looter, Roy Samuels!

I like the idea of the killer getting the loot. It would cut down on theft. I think folks would still steal- it would become stealing kills instead of stealing loot, waiting to take the last shot (hard to do, but conceivable.) The other problem is.... sticks. Imagine, you're grinding away and suddenly, there's a piece of expensive armor on the ground. Why? Your inventory's full. Why? You've been inadvertently filling up on sticks and green beanies. Still, it'd be an improvement.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby brozangel » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm

i hate when people loot its stupid
:evil:
da fuq
brozangel
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 pm
Location: my house

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby bud64 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Zeus wrote:Yeah I hate when people steal my items :S
Yesterday I just lost a future armor because someone stole it when I killed a block bot...
Too bad I don't remember his name.

In my opinion, the killer should automatically get the money and item that the monster dropped. That would avoid stealers.


that's something you should post in the suggestions part of the forum
bud64
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby SlayerBlade » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 am

Zeus wrote:Yeah I hate when people steal my items :S
Yesterday I just lost a future armor because someone stole it when I killed a block bot...
Too bad I don't remember his name.

In my opinion, the killer should automatically get the money and item that the monster dropped. That would avoid stealers.


Untill Rob changes the programing to do so, your gonna have to suck it up and just get off your ass and be a lot faster, or grind in areas where people are not around to take your goods.

I'm actually sick of winey ass archers/mages complaining when they lose their loot when they attack from a safe distance. That the price you pay for attacking from a safe distance so deal with it or gtfo.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Wall » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:13 am

SlayerBlade wrote:
Zeus wrote:Yeah I hate when people steal my items :S
Yesterday I just lost a future armor because someone stole it when I killed a block bot...
Too bad I don't remember his name.

In my opinion, the killer should automatically get the money and item that the monster dropped. That would avoid stealers.


Untill Rob changes the programing to do so, your gonna have to suck it up and just get off your ass and be a lot faster, or grind in areas where people are not around to take your goods.

I'm actually sick of winey ass archers/mages complaining when they lose their loot when they attack from a safe distance. That the price you pay for attacking from a safe distance so deal with it or gtfo.


I do not agree about what you are saying, there is no " areas where people are not around to take your goods " even if there are the area won't be a place where they could grind for levels.

Also you can't be faster if a player holding E button while following you they will get the item instantly so the killer won't be able to pick the item that belong to them in time.
Image
User avatar
Wall
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby HeyMAMA » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 am

Pretty sure I'll be at the top of the list HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HeyMAMA
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:40 am

Wall wrote:Also you can't be faster if a player holding E button while following you they will get the item instantly so the killer won't be able to pick the item that belong to them in time.


I hate to say it, but that's not completely true. I know people that hold E, but sometimes I can get the loot or not by just mashing the button. Also I noticed that you can only pick up one coin or drop if you hold E, to get another one you'd have to press E again. What I do is simply keep tapping E VIGOROUSLY when the monster is 3/4 dead. That's incase I hit a critical or someone else jumps in. Once its dead I double tap E so that I can get the loot and the drop (if any).

What I think should happen is the player that delt the most damage should get the drop automatically. This can be equally bad because a higher level player can hit, say a Goo Cube for example, with 8 criticasl of say 1000+. It would be unfair for the lower player that was charging attacks in it that are weak, making them not get any of the drops.

Another idea can be the player who hits the monster first gets the drop. This is a really good idea because people who jump in and try to take the kill and loot wont be able to. On the other hand it is also bad because some super high level that runs fast can take pretty much every kill. Seriously, I've had to race to get kills against someone like windows or something. :lol: But you get the point. Also this would be bad for those curios low levels that like to jump in on a monster and do somewhere from 0-10 damage. Then you just have to sit there watching BECAUSE YOUR A GOOD PERSON WHO DOESN'T KILL STEAL, BUT YOU GET ANNOYED BECAUSE ITS TAKING FOREVER, SO YOU BECOME CRAZY AND HAVE TO DO THE INEVITABLE...

Also I am really against the idea of "Killing hit gets the drop." Someone above said that its not really possible or something like that. I hate to say it, but that's extremely not true. It is really easy to jump into a monster someone is killing and hit a critical, or not, and kill the monster with the last hit. I myself have done it when I was a lower level to get the Yeti and Brick Monster on my hero-pedia. Honestly, unless there is a genius with a good answer to all of this.. were forced to leave it alone..
User avatar
RoySamuels
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby SlayerBlade » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:12 pm

RoySamuels wrote:
Wall wrote:Also you can't be faster if a player holding E button while following you they will get the item instantly so the killer won't be able to pick the item that belong to them in time.


I hate to say it, but that's not completely true. I know people that hold E, but sometimes I can get the loot or not by just mashing the button. Also I noticed that you can only pick up one coin or drop if you hold E, to get another one you'd have to press E again. What I do is simply keep tapping E VIGOROUSLY when the monster is 3/4 dead. That's incase I hit a critical or someone else jumps in. Once its dead I double tap E so that I can get the loot and the drop (if any).

What I think should happen is the player that delt the most damage should get the drop automatically. This can be equally bad because a higher level player can hit, say a Goo Cube for example, with 8 criticasl of say 1000+. It would be unfair for the lower player that was charging attacks in it that are weak, making them not get any of the drops.

Another idea can be the player who hits the monster first gets the drop. This is a really good idea because people who jump in and try to take the kill and loot wont be able to. On the other hand it is also bad because some super high level that runs fast can take pretty much every kill. Seriously, I've had to race to get kills against someone like windows or something. :lol: But you get the point. Also this would be bad for those curios low levels that like to jump in on a monster and do somewhere from 0-10 damage. Then you just have to sit there watching BECAUSE YOUR A GOOD PERSON WHO DOESN'T KILL STEAL, BUT YOU GET ANNOYED BECAUSE ITS TAKING FOREVER, SO YOU BECOME CRAZY AND HAVE TO DO THE INEVITABLE...

Also I am really against the idea of "Killing hit gets the drop." Someone above said that its not really possible or something like that. I hate to say it, but that's extremely not true. It is really easy to jump into a monster someone is killing and hit a critical, or not, and kill the monster with the last hit. I myself have done it when I was a lower level to get the Yeti and Brick Monster on my hero-pedia. Honestly, unless there is a genius with a good answer to all of this.. were forced to leave it alone..


Exactly, there really is no good way to solve this problem. Killing Blow/First Blow/Most Damage, in the end it will always be the one guy smart enough and strong enough to steal the loot.

To be honest, maybe the only way to physically stop the loot stealing all together is to give the full drop to every person that attacked the monster.
Example: three people attack a goo cube. Person one deals like 20% damage to it, person two deals 70% damage, and the third deals 10%. Does not matter on first/killing/most damage. when killed the goo cube drops its normal gold amount and say a watermelon. All three player receive the same gold and each a watermelon. The items are automatically added into your inventory.

While I am aware this would give noobs and weak players the chance to leech, it will solve the problem with the least amount of fussing.

Changing the way you claim drops will greatly make the three classes unbalanced. The fact you can steal the drops from an archer or mage due to having the ability to attack from a distance is what is giving the balance to the classes. A warrior is up in the monsters face so he is gonna be in grabing distance of the loot while mage/archer attacks from safety, but is away from the loot. It don't seem fair, but that is what balances the classes.

Changing how you get the drops will greatly affect the over all game play. Right now it is unfair, but it provides balance. But like I said, suck it up and get off your ass and move faster to get your loot.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:18 pm

It's perfectly fine for folks to volunteer for the Hall of Unrepentant Looters. Really, it is a difference of opinion as to how people should behave towards one another. Would you like to be on the list HeyMAMA and SlayerBlade? It's natural for people to want to self-sort based on political opinion. If so, SlayerBlade, I'm not aware of you in game. Are you SlayerBlade there as well?

Re: Getting off your ass, sucking it up, and whining. I have a few comments:
1. If discussing something you don't like about another individual's behavior is whining, then you are also whining by talking about how you don't like it when people talk about looting. You should get off your ass and stop reading so much or suck it up and deal with the fact that folks generally don't like looters.

2. It is inherent in the game structure that archers and mages attack from a distance, just as it is that warriors have high defense. It is also inherent in the game structure that people communicate communicate. If you look at the game systems, combat and communication are both about equally weighted.

3. For a free market society to be healthy, people must vote with their dollar and with their speech in order to influence the behavior of businesses, elsewise the society moves towards its basest urges and devours itself in favor of quantifiable growth.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby SlayerBlade » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Gregore wrote:It's perfectly fine for folks to volunteer for the Hall of Unrepentant Looters. Really, it is a difference of opinion as to how people should behave towards one another. Would you like to be on the list HeyMAMA and SlayerBlade? It's natural for people to want to self-sort based on political opinion. If so, SlayerBlade, I'm not aware of you in game. Are you SlayerBlade there as well?

Re: Getting off your ass, sucking it up, and whining. I have a few comments:
1. If discussing something you don't like about another individual's behavior is whining, then you are also whining by talking about how you don't like it when people talk about looting. You should get off your ass and stop reading so much or suck it up and deal with the fact that folks generally don't like looters.

2. It is inherent in the game structure that archers and mages attack from a distance, just as it is that warriors have high defense. It is also inherent in the game structure that people communicate communicate. If you look at the game systems, combat and communication are both about equally weighted.

3. For a free market society to be healthy, people must vote with their dollar and with their speech in order to influence the behavior of businesses, elsewise the society moves towards its basest urges and devours itself in favor of quantifiable growth.


first off, I'm not someone who goes around looting. If an area is too crowded, I move to another area, most unpopulated or with maybe one person. I don't hang around highly populated areas to have my loot stolen, I play a little bit smarter. I like EXP more then loot anyway if I'm not hurting for coin.

Secondly, this is a troll thread. You are making a thread to slander people in game by calling them looters and bad people and other crap. This thread needs to be deleted.

Third, Looting is in the game programing so it is legal. Most people are dicks, deal with it or gtfo.

Lastly, if you want the drop system altered, this needs to be in suggestions area, not general.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Stabber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Threads like this are always a bad idea. It creates a hostile environment, and it just gives the looters more attention.
User avatar
Stabber
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:17 pm

I apologize if this perceived as slander. I was trying to be clear about dealing with folks who unequivocably believed in looting in the explicit sense so as not to type falsehoods about an individual, which is what slander is, if I'm not mistaken.

The system does support looting. I'm not proposing that be changed. The system also supports communicating about the behavior of people. I see no problem with that. Or is the problem you see doing so on the forum? If so, are the threads about Schemers also troll threads? What makes one a troll?
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Stabber wrote:Threads like this are always a bad idea. It creates a hostile environment, and it just gives the looters more attention.


I appreciate this sentiment. You may be right. What I wonder, however, is did the hostility begin with the act or looting or in pointing it out? As far as giving them attention, isn't that the purpose? Do you think they loot because they like the negative attention they get from doing so?
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby SlayerBlade » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Gregore wrote:
Stabber wrote:Threads like this are always a bad idea. It creates a hostile environment, and it just gives the looters more attention.


I appreciate this sentiment. You may be right. What I wonder, however, is did the hostility begin with the act or looting or in pointing it out? As far as giving them attention, isn't that the purpose? Do you think they loot because they like the negative attention they get from doing so?


Making a thread about it and calling it a "Hall of Shame" does give the looters a lot of attention and there are people that feed off it. It's the same crap you see in school. The best thing to do is just either stay away from crowded areas and grind in less populated ones. That is the best course of action to prevent from your loot getting stolen. I've played the game for little over a month and I know a lot how things work so I stay away from crowded areas to avoid getting looted.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:36 pm

I appreciate the positive advice. The incidence that prompted this thread, for what it's worth, there were four people on the stage.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:12 pm

SlayerBlade wrote:
Gregore wrote:
Stabber wrote:Threads like this are always a bad idea. It creates a hostile environment, and it just gives the looters more attention.


I appreciate this sentiment. You may be right. What I wonder, however, is did the hostility begin with the act or looting or in pointing it out? As far as giving them attention, isn't that the purpose? Do you think they loot because they like the negative attention they get from doing so?


Making a thread about it and calling it a "Hall of Shame" does give the looters a lot of attention and there are people that feed off it. It's the same crap you see in school. The best thing to do is just either stay away from crowded areas and grind in less populated ones. That is the best course of action to prevent from your loot getting stolen. I've played the game for little over a month and I know a lot how things work so I stay away from crowded areas to avoid getting looted.


Yet at the same time it tells looters that they're being cracked down on, and if they start to become infamous, they'll end up here for everyone to see. I saw the Ziutek or whatever guy recently, I told him off to my hearts content about what an asshole he is. If everyone does that to looters, I have a good feeling the spam and hate will hit them hard.
User avatar
RoySamuels
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby BranwenSwan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:47 pm

For those of you looking for ideas on how to curb this behavior, please see my thread in the Suggestions area of the forum regarding kill stealing. No one should be shamed, but at the same time, there needs to be a bit of fairness involved I even being a high level character get pissed off when a level ten player sneaks in and grabs my loot just as I am dealing the killing blow.

Take a look at my thread and feel free to comment or add to the suggestion. It's obviously a problem and we should be searching for solutions, not shaming those who try to steal.
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
User avatar
BranwenSwan
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby Jerek'sBabyMama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 pm

You guys realize that the reason looters loot is to gain this sort of notoriety in the first place, right? You're feeding the bears when there's plainly a sign in front of them that says "DO NOT FEED THE BEARS" and now, all you're going to see is looters bragging that they have their name in a Hall of Shame (which has the reverse effect on them; they take it as a badge of pride) and soon you'll have them starting a topic about the sweetest loot they ever swindled off of someone.

TL;DR This thread only hurts your cause
Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist, the world’s first “analrapist.”

Tobias Funke: My personal Jesus.
Jerek'sBabyMama
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Hall of Unrepentant Looters

Postby RoySamuels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Jerek'sBabyMama wrote:You guys realize that the reason looters loot is to gain this sort of notoriety in the first place, right? You're feeding the bears when there's plainly a sign in front of them that says "DO NOT FEED THE BEARS" and now, all you're going to see is looters bragging that they have their name in a Hall of Shame (which has the reverse effect on them; they take it as a badge of pride) and soon you'll have them starting a topic about the sweetest loot they ever swindled off of someone.

TL;DR This thread only hurts your cause


Really? I always thought they looted because they wanted the loot.. you know.. to themselves. :|
User avatar
RoySamuels
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest