Why I've been so absent from Helmet Heroes + apologies

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Why I've been so absent from Helmet Heroes + apologies

Postby UNF404 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:35 am

Because I never got to do this due to the circumstances behind my ban, and because I came back to explain the circumstances behind a wonderful person HACKING MY FACEBOOK and scamming ~100 people (more info in the thread in this section about someone impersonating "404"), I figured I'd elaborate on the reasons why I've been so highly absent from Helmet Heroes and the Helmet Heroes Wikia in recent months.

As I did in the impersonation thread in this section, I'd like to apologize in advance to Deej, Gret and Robby for yet another ban evasion (I'm a bad man, I know, but I needed to come back to explain the whole "why is 404 scamming people" situation)

So here we go:

1. Work.
Spoiler: show
I'm working 12hr shifts at a pipe threading factory and making darn good money doing so ($18/hr). This takes up the majority of my time, though my work schedule is a repetitive one, switching between 6AM - 6PM (days) and 6PM - 6AM (nights). It goes "4 Days -> 2 days off -> 3 Nights -> 2 days off -> 3 Days -> 2 days off -> 4 Nights -> 8 days off".

2. Other games.
During my 8 day off stretches that I get, I've been playing other games that I get from Humble Indie Bundles. I've also been working on a Garry's Mod "RuneScape" gamemode. A RuneScape gamemode already exists too, I've played on the server for it and it sucks. The guy who coded it up just modified the "Stranded" gamemode, called it RuneScape and then proceeded to screw it all up by adding in silly things like "Dwemer Ore".

3. Server host responsibilities.
I host a Team Fortress 2 trade/raffle/events server as well as a Fistful of Frags server. I also offer server hosting to two people, one of whom runs the Steam group "Mass Crabbing Co", a successful TF2 raffle group with over 4,000 members, and the other person runs a group called "Deadwood Associates" and his server is a bot-killing achievement-getting server.

4. Helmet Heroes got....awful....kinda.
This one's hard to explain. It's like I lost all enjoyment in the game back when the new landscapes were added in. And the coin boxes (why, my god why?). Fishing is somewhat of a redeeming quality though. As well, the Payvault items seem like a quick money-grab by Robby. Like the fishing net. You spend tickets that you or someone else bought with REAL LIFE MONEY on an item that has a chance to break, forcing you to spend more real life money to buy another one. Recent payvault items are a real turn-off for me. Spawn balls? Really? It's like you forgot about the "private room" glitch and botters, and just gave them something they can use for easy levelling via botting.

5. The community.
No-one in specific though. The whole "all of the phillipines is IP banned because of mass item duping from filipino players" thing was a real eye-opener. This situation of multiple players from one area starting a huge trend of cheating isn't a new concept either. It's been happening since MMOs have been invented. One of the earliest groups of people that nearly killed an MMO with their cheating was the Turkish people. I forget which MMO it was but the ingame economy was nearly devastated by rampant cheating from many Turkish players. Nowadays it seems to be the Phillipines that are the new Turks.

I don't mean to sound racist or anything, but all the non-English filipino players constantly begging for items and gold ingame is a real annoyance. And after checking the Report a Player section, I'm sad to see many non-English users are still reporting people for things that the game encourages like loot stealing. Worse though is when they report someone for calling them "stupid" or "moron". And even worse than that is when they use Google translate to translate their message into English and that just makes their posts highly unintelligible.

Oh and look at the Helmet Heroes Facebook page. 99% of the comments are Filipino cheaters spamming "SIR ROBBY UNBANNED PLZ I NOT CHEATER". Sorry, but you are a cheater (as are almost all the gamers in the Phillipines) and you aren't getting unbanned so stop spamming it everywhere. Seriously.

The community issues I've listed above are the 2nd main reason why I've stopped playing Helmet Heroes. Work is the 1st main reason why. The game was awesome in the early days but someone had to go open their big mouth and tell the Filipinos. Now the game is just....god I don't even want to play it anymore.

All of these reasons are also why I am highly inactive on the Helmet Heroes Wikia.

But I'll end on a lighter note. Deej, Gret, Robby, I'm sorry for the constant swearing back before I got banned for all the swearing. And I'm sorry for the crap I gave you guys. The issues I stated in point #5 about the community had been getting to me and I vented my frustrations on you guys.

To any users here whom I may have had problems with (MasterYi, itblobboy, etc), I'm sorry to you guys too. Don't let our past negative experiences prevent you from joining the Helmet Heroes Wikia and helping contribute. I'm not gonna up-and-ban you if you sign up just because we had issues in the past.
UNF404

Re: Why I've been so absent from Helmet Heroes + apologies

Postby Hecate » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:22 am

Seems to me that you stole other people`s complaints such as Belorophon with his rant and also mine about the "stupid and moron" and put them together here. And what`s with all the personal info. Where you work, how much you make ... etc?

Didn`t seem like an apology to me ... more like a "Hey, did anyone even NOTICE I was gone? Here`s a reminder of my existence".

And since you`re on the wiki: Fishurns drop Fishing Poles.

You`re welcome :mrgreen:
Hecate

Postby UNF404 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Hecate wrote:Seems to me that you stole other people`s complaints such as Belorophon with his rant and also mine about the "stupid and moron" and put them together here. And what`s with all the personal info. Where you work, how much you make ... etc?

Didn`t seem like an apology to me ... more like a "Hey, did anyone even NOTICE I was gone? Here`s a reminder of my existence".

And since you`re on the wiki: Fishurns drop Fishing Poles.

You`re welcome :mrgreen:

Seems to me that I didn't steal fu...right, can't swear anymore...anything. I've not been on these forums in many months because I'm IP banned and can't view them normally. I had to use a proxy to sign up.

Nothing was copy-pasted from anyone elses B.S. rants. The apologies are at the bottom of the thread as I added them in shortly after first posting this.

And since I'm a Bureaucrat on the Wiki: Why don't you sign up and add it yourself and be useful for once?
UNF404

Postby MasterYi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Meh, we had a blast. Was fun having some forum fights, kept the adrenaline pumping y'know.

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 pm

UNF404 wrote:To any users here whom I may have had problems with (MasterYi, itblobboy, etc), I'm sorry to you guys too. Don't let our past negative experiences prevent you from joining the Helmet Heroes Wikia and helping contribute. I'm not gonna up-and-ban you if you sign up just because we had issues in the past.

Uh, I'm not sure what I'm forgetting or what I missed, but I don't dislike you. I can't say I like you though, I barely even know you.

As far as I remember, I never hated you specifically though... But I guess it's for the best I don't remember then :shock:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Return to General