Hard Fishing Glitch

Report any bugs and errors you may have encountered here.

Hard Fishing Glitch

Postby StevanKnownAsValen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Have you noticed that you can't catch any fishes lately?
I lost a shiny stalker fish that costed me 50k also lost a lion fish.
Pliz fix the hard fishing glitch.
StevanKnownAsValen

Re: Hard Fishing Glitch

Postby Naruto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 pm

I can confirm this.

Yesterday, when fishing, I had my speakers turned up pretty high so as soon as I heard the bite noise, I release my finger on the "C" and then the fish would be caught. However, with the way it currently is, there's a very high chance that it says "Fish Got Away" even as soon as I release "C" after the bite sound has been made.

Not sure if this was intentional or not but it's made fishing a lot more difficult. :lol:
Naruto

Postby Saruman107 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:00 pm

attempting to catch dark reapers is impossible :(
Kudos to Miso for this sig and Overload for my original avatar! :mrgreen:
Give a damn about giving damns with the damn-giving spoiler below
Spoiler: show
Saruman107

Postby fallenangel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:05 pm

I can't even catch a sliver
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby Naruto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Had a brief chat to Mono about this:
Naruto

Postby Naruto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 pm

A subordinate spawned today in the "Light Highway" area but due to the fish thing which has made fish pretty much impossible to catch, Sasuke missed out on catching it. Combined with the glitch which causes fish to disappear, the subordinate disappeared so no one got in the end which is a little disappointing.
Naruto

Postby Sasuke » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 am

Naruto wrote:A subordinate spawned today in the "Light Highway" area but due to the fish thing which has made fish pretty much impossible to catch, Sasuke missed out on catching it. Combined with the glitch which causes fish to disappear, the subordinate disappeared so no one got in the end which is a little disappointing.

Im also suggesting that once a player has a fish on the bite, no noob that tries to run it over shouldn't be able to. There was this noobie that ran around the pools, SUB SUB SUB!!!! FFS, 7 noobs come in.

The fish bite speed thing, mentioned by other players....also made things harder lol...

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby Naruto » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:36 am

Hmmm never mind, punching myself in the face cause I missed this:

robby wrote:I had just made a change which I could smack myself for forgetting to fix. I had the reaction time for all fish set to 500ms by default for testing purposes. This is fairly high. So fish were a bit easier to catch, and their actual reaction time that you see in the heropedia wasn't being used. So fish should be using their correct reaction time now, meaning they will be a little harder to catch (as they were designed to be). Small fish will still be easy, but rare/big fish will be harder as it was supposed to involve a little bit of skill.

But yeah.
Naruto

Postby Lycanblade » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:47 am

Naruto wrote:Hmmm never mind, punching myself in the face cause I missed this:

robby wrote:I had just made a change which I could smack myself for forgetting to fix. I had the reaction time for all fish set to 500ms by default for testing purposes. This is fairly high. So fish were a bit easier to catch, and their actual reaction time that you see in the heropedia wasn't being used. So fish should be using their correct reaction time now, meaning they will be a little harder to catch (as they were designed to be). Small fish will still be easy, but rare/big fish will be harder as it was supposed to involve a little bit of skill.

But yeah.

I'm so glad I caught all the fish...but now it'll be hard for the shinies.
ImageImage
Lycanblade

Location: That corner where I always go to cry...the one with hot blondes

Postby MasterQuackster » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 am

I'm still not finding fishing small ones so easy, I was trying to catch a shiny root for over ten minutes with no luck and eventually it just appeared at someone else's inventory :|
Stop calling me a freaking duck
MasterQuackster

Postby Valen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 am

MasterQuackster wrote:I'm still not finding fishing small ones so easy, I was trying to catch a shiny root for over ten minutes with no luck and eventually it just appeared at someone else's inventory :|

I can agree with this.
I saw a guy fishing at bouncers gave he captured a fish and i got fish xp and the fish and i was like far away from him :?:
IGN: Stevan
Valen

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 am

I think all the times should just be made easier or tweaked since nothing is catchable.
Even the small ones.

And so nobody gets confused here:

Valen wrote:I can agree with this.
I saw a guy fishing at bouncers gave he captured a fish and i got fish xp and the fish and i was like far away from him :?:

Is the same person as:

StevanKnownAsValen wrote:Have you noticed that you can't catch any fishes lately?
I lost a shiny stalker fish that costed me 50k also lost a lion fish.
Pliz fix the hard fishing glitch.

Just for some reason using the two different accounts on the same thread :|
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby robby » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 am

Just a heads up, the reaction time stuff in purely client based, so server lag shouldn't really play a roll. However if you guys think the fish are a little TOO hard to catch, I could always raise the time slightly.
robby
Site Admin

Postby itblobboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 am

On another thread I suggested just take all the fish wait times and add 100 ms to them. Sounds fair to me anyway.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SlapThatChicken » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 pm

robby wrote:Just a heads up, the reaction time stuff in purely client based, so server lag shouldn't really play a roll. However if you guys think the fish are a little TOO hard to catch, I could always raise the time slightly.

I like to believe it doesn't play play rick roll when it lags but it does, every time it comes on, I lose a fish and they vanish.

.... ok on a more serious note.

I like to believe lag doesn't play a role but I finding unfortunately it does least before you had to change it to be harder, I had two instances where I had some lag when catching fishes before you did the change and it got really hard to catch anything, meanwhile, if I refresh and make sure I catch based on sound or ! with no lag, it was much much easier by far. Lag will still make the character reaction time slower for whatever reason when letting go of C, it could take half a second to register while I did it on time.

It would help also if fishing levels played a role when it comes to whether or not getting a fish is easier or harder as right now it does nothing (i know you said you would fix that but it one way to make it useful till then).
SlapThatChicken

Postby Y.L. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:10 pm

I actually like the new way. It makes it more of challenge, I have been able to catch 2 rares after several tries with guessing. There are also more rares available to catch and i still find the common and uncommon fish easy to catch it just takes me more than 1 try.

I also have a suggestion. Instead of having rob change the times, why not make fishing levels more useful and make new rods that if you keep leveling you can go to the fishing store and buy new rods that require certain levels that slightly raise the the time so fish are slightly easier to catch.
Y.L.

Postby SlapThatChicken » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Well one of the biggest problem with it being so difficult now when catching fish is you need to factor grinding vs. fishing, right now fishing is still really bad for money making, by far, which was suppose to be the point of doing that beside getting a healing item or rarely a shiny for stats.

As it is, I much rather grind than fish, cause fishing has very low benefits. Most fishes don't make you anywhere near enough money, it fine around... character level 1 to 50, past that? You should definitely make more grinding if it not camped heavily where you grind at.

If server is for the most part busy, lv1 to 100 then fishing make you money barely... but it still debatable since the fish spawn rate is just really bad right now, especially since fishes can de-spawn out of nowhere which hinders the usefulness of fishing.

Edit: Nevermind the fact you got to switch out your weapon for the fishing rod, fish... hope it goes well, then switch back to weapon when you want to go back to grinding. As it is now, fishing has become a hassle to deal with.
SlapThatChicken

Postby SlapThatChicken » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Fishes believe it or not will swim away the instant they bite so that nothing new there, but you can still get it despite that for whatever reason if the timing is right.
SlapThatChicken

Postby SlapThatChicken » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Ok, I had to check back to see if it hard for me, sadly double posting and seeing if this really got harder, but now I think it some form of bug that causing the fish to be insanely hard when they shouldn't be.

Ok, so I literally try this, I went to a spot where there is many fishes and rapidly spam the C button, pressing it instead of holding it so I can try getting a ! right on the button press (i wouldn't do this, you go insane).

I noticed that sometimes even when you instantly let go of C even before you see the ! it says the "fish got away..." despite having absolutely perfect timing by massing the C.

Here a even odder problem to this, I caught a few fish reacting as I usually do and i timed it, my reaction on some fishes should have caught them, but instead it says "fish got away..." despite it the same reaction time as I had caught the same fish before it. This making the fishing timing inconsistent, is there a reason for that? It was done with no lag so that is not a problem.
SlapThatChicken

Postby StevanKnownAsValen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 am

Y.L. wrote:I actually like the new way. It makes it more of challenge, I have been able to catch 2 rares after several tries with guessing. There are also more rares available to catch and i still find the common and uncommon fish easy to catch it just takes me more than 1 try.

I also have a suggestion. Instead of having rob change the times, why not make fishing levels more useful and make new rods that if you keep leveling you can go to the fishing store and buy new rods that require certain levels that slightly raise the the time so fish are slightly easier to catch.

Easy for you to say.
You just buy a net there ya go.
:lol:
StevanKnownAsValen

Postby CCafe » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am

robby wrote:Just a heads up, the reaction time stuff in purely client based, so server lag shouldn't really play a roll. However if you guys think the fish are a little TOO hard to catch, I could always raise the time slightly.

Not that I know how you have this setup but wouldn't it make sense that the more you level up, the better you should become at fishing? So essentially the higher the fishing level your are, should make the fish slower to release the bait on the end of the line. This way it negates the problem of people saying that fish are to hard to catch.

This would work well if you can only catch fish when you achieve certain levels. The other thought was to simply make it so the rarest fish have a higher catching value as to make it more difficult to catch them even with added fishing levels. Just a thought.
CCafe

Postby robby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:45 am

I went and upped all fish reaction time by 15%. It should make them a little bit easier to catch.
robby
Site Admin

Postby CCafe » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks a bunch!
CCafe

Postby Prostatus5 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:38 pm

MasterQuackster wrote:I'm still not finding fishing small ones so easy, I was trying to catch a shiny root for over ten minutes with no luck and eventually it just appeared at someone else's inventory :|

this happened to me too and the guy who got it instead costed me 10k when i was the one that cought the shroom serpent. and it wasnt even in my heropedia!
thanks naughty!^^

Kudos to Link Nestar ^^
http://steamcommunity.com/id/prostatus_5/ <-------- Add me on Steam!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopJCRdg046d0q3a7ctdJZQ<-----subscribe
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water
Prostatus5

Postby BlameTheLag » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:06 am

But the fish dussapiering has to be stopped I once saw 3stagnant scums and they all dissapiered so did some other fish I didn't have in my heropedia and a shiny shroomer!!! It said inventory full for me so I dropped a few things but then I didn't see the fish anywhere after I closed my inventory
And another thing that HAS to be fixed is other people (like me) getting the fish that other people fish I think I have gotten more than 10 fish fRom others
Maybe thats another problem why fish dissapier if this is all fixed fishing should be perfect!
And one more thing, each fishing level up the bite speed should be slower by a few %
I think that's all of the problems if its all fixed fishing would be more enjoyable :D
BlameTheLag

Return to Bugs and Errors