POP-UP ADS

Report any bugs and errors you may have encountered here.

POP-UP ADS

Postby Frankie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 am

Well i reported this one time and Robby didn't do anything so this time it just got worst.
So i was opening my HH game in steam,BTW whenever you open your game in steam there will always be 2 ads that will pop-up,
then when the first one or the second one popped-up my antivirus detected something and this is what it looks like.
Hope Robby will make something good about this.
Attachments
virus.PNG
virus.PNG (126.41 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Frankie

Re: POP-UP ADS

Postby Andreyiy1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

I don't think that pop-up ads are from Helmet Heroes. The single ad that is linked with Helmet Heroes is Persona.ly and is nothing that is popping up automatically or a malware. I'm pretty sure that ads you get are from other games/softwares that you installed on your computer. Helmet Heroes have NO viruse/malware that can do something like this to your device and don't have nothing in common with that link. Also as an anti-virus, I suggest you something better than AVG because is a little bit 'weak'. You can try Avast, the free version at least, to scan your PC.
Andreyiy1

Postby robby » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:17 am

What region are you playing from and what level is your character?

Unfortunately, I've tried about every option possible, but the Philippines region purchases next to no in-game items. Banner ads for the region payed next to nothing, and the only last option which still pays very poor (but better than nothing) is pop up ads. The Philippines region expends a high amount of bandwidth costs for the servers with no very very little return in money for the region. So having used up all other options, unfortunately pop-up ads have to be shown to low-mid level Philippines players in order to help pay for server costs.

If you are not in that region however, and your IP is from a different region, this may be a bug as you should not be seeing the pop up ads.
robby
Site Admin

Postby Frankie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 am

robby wrote:What region are you playing from and what level is your character?

Unfortunately, I've tried about every option possible, but the Philippines region purchases next to no in-game items. Banner ads for the region payed next to nothing, and the only last option which still pays very poor (but better than nothing) is pop up ads. The Philippines region expends a high amount of bandwidth costs for the servers with no very very little return in money for the region. So having used up all other options, unfortunately pop-up ads have to be shown to low-mid level Philippines players in order to help pay for server costs.

If you are not in that region however, and your IP is from a different region, this may be a bug as you should not be seeing the pop up ads.

So yeah i live in the Philippines and my acc is lvl 515 and a mage
Frankie

Return to Bugs and Errors