List of pet bugs recently introduced

Report any bugs and errors you may have encountered here.

List of pet bugs recently introduced

Postby Revivified » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Mounted:
1a. Jetpack accessory doesn't activate when jumping (other accessories untested).
1b. Left/right + space special attack does not allow pets to crit, causing extremely low damage even with strong pets.
1c. Dash attack doesn't deal damage; no hit is registered. (EDIT: Dash attack DOES work but only in PvP as of now.)

Pet manual control:
2a. If pet is walking/dashing toward the left when I take control, pet will continue moving toward the left indefinitely unless I also press the left arrow key. Please note that this applies to the right as well.
2b. Pets cannot pick up loot when manually controlled.

PvP-specific:
3a. Pets cannot deal damage in PvP with any attack mode; no hit is registered (including special mount attack).
Revivified

Re: List of pet bugs recently introduced

Postby Revivified » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:53 pm

I want to also add that when using Q, the pet is extra vulnerable to damage because it slowly drifts toward the owner while bubbled. This is particularly noticeable in a zone with larger monsters. I think this is opposite of the intended effect and the pet should be invincible when surrounded by the bubble. It would even make sense for the bubble to heavily damage anything it touches while drifting toward the owner (perhaps with a PayVault upgrade if not by default).
Revivified

Postby robby » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks for the bug reports!

1a. This isn't a bug. The accessory aren't supposed to work on pets, because some of them would look awkward to use while riding a pet. For example gliding with a cape. This also cuts back some of the work I would have to do in making them all work while riding mounted pets.

1b. Fixed!

1c. Fixed!

2a. This should be fixed now, you may want to test to verify though.

2b. Fixed!

3a. Fixed! However the player you are attacking must also be running the fixed version. So give the game several hours for everyone to naturally refresh and this will be worked out.

Also changed it so pets cannot get damaged while bubbling, I may modify this some later on though.
robby
Site Admin

Postby awsomdude » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Don't forget about the items drop pick up back wards. They are being picked up back to front instead of front to back.
awsomdude

Postby Revivified » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:34 am

robby wrote:Thanks for the bug reports!

1a. This isn't a bug. The accessory aren't supposed to work on pets, because some of them would look awkward to use while riding a pet. For example gliding with a cape. This also cuts back some of the work I would have to do in making them all work while riding mounted pets.

1b. Fixed!

1c. Fixed!

2a. This should be fixed now, you may want to test to verify though.

2b. Fixed!

3a. Fixed! However the player you are attacking must also be running the fixed version. So give the game several hours for everyone to naturally refresh and this will be worked out.

Also changed it so pets cannot get damaged while bubbling, I may modify this some later on though.

I appreciate you fixing most of these, but it seems that the pets which appear during the special mount attack no longer deal damage in both PvP and PvE.

This bug still remains as well: 2b. Pets cannot pick up loot when manually controlled. I can only use my pet to pick up loot if I am extremely close to the pet when looting.
Revivified

Postby robby » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 am

Woops, sorry about that. Summon pet attack should be working now.

As for pet looting, it seems to be working for me. Are you sure your inventory wasn't full?
robby
Site Admin

Postby Revivified » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks! The summon pet attack works great in PvE now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in PvP. Does this also require everyone to naturally refresh before it can harm them?

As for the pet looting, it seems the pickup radius is tied to the character location and not the pet location. I drew up a quick image to visually explain the problem (open image in new tab for full size): Image
Revivified

Postby robby » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Ah ok, sorry about that. I had a anti-cheat server side check that prevented items from being picked up if the player was not within 250 pixels of the items X position. When I tested it, I was above the item but still within that 250 x. =P Since you were manually controlling a pet, your location from the items was out of bounds. I removed the check since I've put in other auto-banning for cheats, it should be fairly safe now. In other words, should be fixed!

Found a mistake with the pets summon in PVP, should be fixed again now.
robby
Site Admin

Postby digaran » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Good job now i can't pick any coin or item

You completely disabled it i think :D
Nope still doesn't feel like it.
digaran

Postby Revivified » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:13 pm

robby wrote:Ah ok, sorry about that. I had a anti-cheat server side check that prevented items from being picked up if the player was not within 250 pixels of the items X position. When I tested it, I was above the item but still within that 250 x. =P Since you were manually controlling a pet, your location from the items was out of bounds. I removed the check since I've put in other auto-banning for cheats, it should be fairly safe now. In other words, should be fixed!

Found a mistake with the pets summon in PVP, should be fixed again now.

Ah, I understand why that was occurring then. Pets work great now! Thank you.
Revivified

Return to Bugs and Errors