Small Error In Gears

Report any bugs and errors you may have encountered here.

Small Error In Gears

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:48 pm

In Mechanic Sector (#81), you see these gears. One of which is obviously not turning the right way compared to how the others are turning. For the most part, the other 3 are turning together correctly, but the fourth one is just weird..

As you can see the gear with the green arrows are all turning together properly, but the gear with the red arrow is only turning properly with the lower green gear, even though it is also touching the higher green gear. This is incorrect.. obviously. The red gear is overlapping with the higher green gear and not turning with it, but against it. If it was actually within its indents so it turned with it, it would stop the higher green gear from moving because of the opposite forces coming together. They'd just push on each other. It also couldn't just stay behind it. 1) Because this is 2D people. 2) Because it would be able to go inside the dents of the lower green gear AND go inside the opposite moving higher green gear. Maybe a way to fix this is just take out the red gear?
This is a small error I found, but it really bothered me. Thanks!
RoySamuels

Re: Small Error In Gears

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Just a thought that could explain it being possible, since the background is 2 dimensional as far as we can see, perhaps there is depth. The overlapped one is thin and the furthest back therefore it appears to be behind the gear it overlaps, the lower middle gear is very thick to where it reaches the back gear and the gear above it is also thin and in front of the overlapped gear.

I know you adressed this in your post already, however I feel that it should not be so easily dismissed.

For all we know it is 3d but since we cannot change the fixated position our visualization of the game screen we can only see it in 2 dimensions. After all, look at your swords. One is in front of the other. We only see it as two dimensions however we assume it as three.

And I assume it is "we"...
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby 404 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Those gears are all in the foreground. None are in the background.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Pluui » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 pm

404 wrote:Those gears are all in the foreground. None are in the background.

No, they are on stage. The foreground is where that tree is in front of the gear is, and the background is where the 2 trees are behind the gear.

Also, this thread is funny.
Pluui

Postby robby » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:58 am

Didn't realize I missed this. Fixed it and will appear soon in a bug fix version.
robby
Site Admin

Postby Cyberjay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 am

those gears were driving me crazy :p
Cyberjay

Return to Bugs and Errors