Wrong/over price on skill books

Report any bugs and errors you may have encountered here.

Wrong/over price on skill books

Postby SlayerBlade » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 pm

200k for a skill book :(

I think that is suppose to be 20k for a skill book.

3 skill point = 1 stats point, if you bought 3 books, you'd spend 60k.

as to the regular stat book being 50k
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Re: Wrong/over price on skill books

Postby Gret » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 200k; we get 3 stat points per level and only 1 skill point. I still think normal stat books should be about 200k, and the skill books even higher. :?
Gret

Postby Tomatha » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Gret wrote: I still think normal stat books should be about 200k, and the skill books even higher. :?

Agreed. Pretty sure it'd be as you described if so many books weren't already bought.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby SlayerBlade » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:42 pm

There is more issues here then what i actually posted. First, I don't think anyone in their right mind will buy a skill book, and secondly, it becomes a huge cash item if it introduced as a drop.

But still, the item will not be bought at that price. At least anyone with a brain won't buy it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby itblobboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Is this a joke that you think this isn't right?

I am just... sigh.

ITS NOT A MISTAKE

If anything they should be 400k each, if you ask me. These are earned at a 1:3 ratio to normal books, plus special skill points are SPECIAL skill points.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby RoySamuels » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 pm

I sort of agree. Slayer, you are taking it the opposite way. 1 Skill Point in this case is worth more than the Ability point because you get 1 each level, compared to 3 Ability points each level. Because of this math, it should be $150,000.
Although I do agree that anyone who decided to actually BUY this is wasting their time, to me at least. Also, Blob, 400k.. really.. ffs man that is.. wow.
RoySamuels

Postby SlayerBlade » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:52 pm

RoySamuels wrote:I sort of agree. Slayer, you are taking it the opposite way. 1 Skill Point in this case is worth more than the Ability point because you get 1 each level, compared to 3 Ability points each level. Because of this math, it should be $150,000.
Although I do agree that anyone who decided to actually BUY this is wasting their time, to me at least. Also, Blob, 400k.. really.. ffs man that is.. wow.

Cost and ratio wise, it is just really fucked up. You get more out of leveling anyway. The time it takes me to grind up the money for either the book of skill or stats x3, I've done leveled. Kinda why i see books not worth the money 1/2 the time. but the skill books are fricken OP. On top of that, one skill point does almost nothing unless it on a one skill point skill. over 1/2 the skills require 2 or more points to level up.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby itblobboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:35 pm

SlayerBlade wrote:
RoySamuels wrote:I sort of agree. Slayer, you are taking it the opposite way. 1 Skill Point in this case is worth more than the Ability point because you get 1 each level, compared to 3 Ability points each level. Because of this math, it should be $150,000.

Cost and ratio wise, it is just really fucked up. You get more out of leveling anyway. The time it takes me to grind up the money for either the book of skill or stats x3, I've done leveled. Kinda why i see books not worth the money 1/2 the time. but the skill books are fricken OP. On top of that, one skill point does almost nothing unless it on a one skill point skill. over 1/2 the skills require 2 or more points to level up.

Is this a joke?

Let me ask you this... When you are at the highest equipment you can get and you have millions to spare, what do you want to buy? Sure you could get rares or try gambling and get poor off that, but lets face it...

People want books when they have too much cash and levelling up takes forever.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SlayerBlade » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 pm

itblobboy wrote:

leveling up takes forever.

says the mage that can Level farm the boss.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby Stabber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Carnelia's XP and Worth were very heavily nerfed again...thank goodness.
Stabber

Postby RoySamuels » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:02 pm

itblobboy wrote:
SlayerBlade wrote:

Is this a joke?

Let me ask you this... When you are at the highest equipment you can get and you have millions to spare, what do you want to buy? Sure you could get rares or try gambling and get poor off that, but lets face it...

People want books when they have too much cash and levelling up takes forever.

Lol is THIS a joke? You and a few others are the ONLY people that level up quickly and have tons of money.
You are taking your own accomplishments and taking it in a way that everyone is the same as you, but that is way off.

Also, what did they get nerfed to Stabber?
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Are you trying to frustrate me with your irritatingly wrong post!??!?!

ITS WORKING
itblobboy

Postby RoySamuels » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:49 pm

itblobboy wrote:Are you trying to frustrate me with your irritatingly wrong post!??!?!

ITS WORKING

Wrong?
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:00 pm

RoySamuels wrote:
itblobboy wrote:Are you trying to frustrate me with your irritatingly wrong post!??!?!

ITS WORKING

Wrong?

Yes. Wrong.
itblobboy

Postby Ky372 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:16 pm

itblobboy wrote:Yes. Wrong.

I agree with Roy. How many people do you see can actually grind Carnelia for XP? How many people do you see in the Beholder Plains? How many people do you see fighting Lotus monsters? I can tell you that I've been to all these areas many time, and I see a grand total of about 10-15 people. So Roy is *not* wrong. It does take a long time to level up when you are getting max 201 xp a monster (drill bots). Most of us are on the weaker side in strength/magic/range, so we can't just 1-hit everything. Me personally, it takes a good 5-10 seconds to kill a brick or drill bot. Each gives me about 0.4%. So that means I need to kill 250 of each. That's 1250-2500 seconds or ~21-42 minutes. That's ridiculously slow. Whereas you, having personally told me, get 30k xp from grinding on Carnelia. If I did that, I'd be leveling up extremely fast. You spend about max 10 minutes per Carnelia cycle. So you are getting at least 24x the amount of xp in half the time.

Math!
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372

Postby itblobboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Okay I told myself to forget about it and not spend half an hour responding WHY I disagree with these statements. I try to gloss over this but with this stated I am going to make some corrections on what you don't have right despite my original plan to not waste my own time.

Ky372 wrote:How many people do you see can actually grind Carnelia for XP? How many people do you see in the Beholder Plains? How many people do you see fighting Lotus monsters? I can tell you that I've been to all these areas many time, and I see a grand total of about 10-15 people.

a total of 15 people at lotus monsters, beholders or carnelia? Perhaps that's what you have seen as a grand total, however that isn't correct based on how many people I see there..

Double that and maybe you are close to all the people that have trained there.

Ky372 wrote:So Roy is *not* wrong. It does take a long time to level up when you are getting max 201 xp a monster (drill bots). Most of us are on the weaker side in strength/magic/range, so we can't just 1-hit everything. Me personally, it takes a good 5-10 seconds to kill a brick or drill bot. Each gives me about 0.4%. So that means I need to kill 250 of each. That's 1250-2500 seconds or ~21-42 minutes.

Well for one having such high offense was my choice.

I feel I should mention it takes me over 200k xp to level up. Your experience rate, .4% a kill at drill bots I am very jealous of. I barely get .2% per beholder kill.

Ky372 wrote:Whereas you, having personally told me, get 30k xp from grinding on Carnelia. If I did that, I'd be leveling up extremely fast. You spend about max 10 minutes per Carnelia cycle. So you are getting at least 24x the amount of xp in half the time.

No... I level up slower than 1/3 of the rate you are saying, with MAXIMUM focus and MINIMAL distractions/people not allowing the boss to respawn/ others training there. Then maybe if I really push it I could have a chance? Probably not. 1/4 of that I could probably pull off. 40 mins a level sounds like a reasonable rate from the training I have done when NOBODY is hindering my ability to train. Usually others are there training or there is some noob there grinding plant monsters and refusing to reset no matter what reasoning I present to them except giving them a bunch of cash. So on a good day Carnelia is free about 1/2 of the day and I try to use as much of that as possible. I have made a lot of diplomacy, agreements, systems and aggression to just be able to train. I do what I have to do. And when what has to be done is done I get results. ;)

Your information was probably really outdated, robby has carnelia xp rates very volatile. He is making it less and less effective constantly... Which is a good thing generally, however he should just get it done and stop playing with it...

...Because as you can clearly see if I do the best possible thing for myself people don't like that :x

Anyways, this whole thing has digressed. The point is, when people have too much cash they are going to buy books. Whether it be the payvault or being a high level
WHAT THE FLIP do you expect someone with spare cash to do with it when they don't want to waste inventory space on rares?

The motive can be completely neglected when you get to the base of the situation: Cash can = Stats. It shouldn't equal a lot of stats, so they have to cost a lot of cash, obviously.

Because if they didn't cost a lot, I know even MORE people would whine with books were 25k a pop and I had 5000+ magic and defense by buying a ton of them.

Just sayin'.

(not like I even have 1m to buy that in my bank anyways, people who say I am rich. I don't know if you call that rich, but I don't.)

But you know what.

Screw it.

itblobboy

Postby machstormer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Why is this post in the Bugs and Errors forum?

This should be in either the General Forum, or the Suggestion Forum.

This is NOT a game error.

Please move this post.

Thank you.
Image "The LAST thing I want to do is hurt you.......but it IS on my list" :twisted:
machstormer

Postby SlayerBlade » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 pm

The fact remains we torched your ass blob by calling you out saying "it takes forever" to level which is still wrong. I can level from bricks easily, I'm just kinda lazy and bored with them after 3 weeks. and you are just pissing and bitching cause we got you.

and yeah this post has went from about being over priced books to bitching about leveling. I might have to delete it since buzzkillington de-railed the topic and purpose of the post.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby itblobboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:53 pm

SlayerBlade wrote:The fact remains we torched your ass blob by calling you out saying "it takes forever" to level which is still wrong. I can level from bricks easily, I'm just kinda lazy and bored with them after 3 weeks. and you are just pissing and bitching cause we got you.

and yeah this post has went from about being over priced books to bitching about leveling. I might have to delete it since buzzkillington de-railed the topic and purpose of the post.

What the hell!?

I don't even know what you are talking about anymore.

I officially hate people and how they don't make a damn bit of sense. :|
itblobboy

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:08 am

200k?????
oh no......
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Freefall » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 am

Amen slayerblade& roysamels
Signature By:404
Freefall

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:50 pm

[color=#00BFFF]No... I level up slower than 1/3 of the rate you are saying, with MAXIMUM focus and MINIMAL distractions/people not allowing the boss to respawn/ others training there. Then maybe if I really push it I could have a chance? Probably not. 1/4 of that I could probably pull off. 40 mins a level sounds like a reasonable rate from the training I have done when NOBODY is hindering my ability to train. Usually others are there training or there is some noob there grinding plant monsters and refusing to reset no matter what reasoning I present to them except giving them a bunch of cash. So on a good day Carnelia is free about 1/2 of the day and I try to use as much of that as possible. I have made a lot of diplomacy, agreements, systems and aggression to just be able to train. I do what I have to do. And when what has to be done is done I get results. ;) [/quote]

Really? Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall you saying you can level up in half an hour.
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:43 pm

RoySamuels wrote:
itblobboy wrote:No... I level up slower than 1/3 of the rate you are saying, with MAXIMUM focus and MINIMAL distractions/people not allowing the boss to respawn/ others training there. Then maybe if I really push it I could have a chance? Probably not. 1/4 of that I could probably pull off. 40 mins a level sounds like a reasonable rate from the training I have done when NOBODY is hindering my ability to train. Usually others are there training or there is some noob there grinding plant monsters and refusing to reset no matter what reasoning I present to them except giving them a bunch of cash. So on a good day Carnelia is free about 1/2 of the day and I try to use as much of that as possible. I have made a lot of diplomacy, agreements, systems and aggression to just be able to train. I do what I have to do. And when what has to be done is done I get results. ;)

Really? Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall you saying you can level up in half an hour.

itblobboy wrote:[color=#00BFFF]No... I level up slower than 1/3 of the rate you are saying, with MAXIMUM focus and MINIMAL distractions/people not allowing the boss to respawn/ others training there. Then maybe if I really push it I could have a chance? Probably not. 1/4 of that I could probably pull off. 40 mins a level sounds like a reasonable rate from the training I have done when NOBODY is hindering my ability to train. Usually others are there training or there is some noob there grinding plant monsters and refusing to reset no matter what reasoning I present to them except giving them a bunch of cash. So on a good day Carnelia is free about 1/2 of the day and I try to use as much of that as possible. I have made a lot of diplomacy, agreements, systems and aggression to just be able to train. I do what I have to do. And when what has to be done is done I get results. ;)

Your information was probably really outdated, robby has carnelia xp rates very volatile. He is making it less and less effective constantly... Which is a good thing generally, however he should just get it done and stop playing with it...

...Because as you can clearly see if I do the best possible thing for myself people don't like that :x

[color=#00BFFF]Did you cut off the very next sentence that would directly answer your statement to troll me?
itblobboy

Postby Y.L. » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 am

I agree with Roy and Slayer on this.
Y.L.

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 am

i level up in 40 minutes
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Next

Return to Bugs and Errors