The Signature Creation Warehouse

Selling something or looking for a good deal on some new equipment? The MarketPlace is where it's at.

The Signature Creation Warehouse

Postby Dronzin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 am

"Where everyone deserves a signature."

I've actually had this idea circulating inside my head for a week or two now, and it's taken 404's Forum Signature Shop for me to realize that I should've posted this earlier. So why not have some friendly competition?

Pricing - Free?
I run things differently. I'm giving up a price completely. A level 300 makes a lot more money than a level 30 would. You decide what price you want to pay.

Then why bother paying at all? Some people just don't feel right accepting another person's hard work for free. But if you aren't that type of person, don't worry about it. Think of it as deciding how much you want to tip me for a service.
It's interesting to see what people decide to pay.

My Experience
Similar to 404, I use Photoshop but with a mixure of GIMP (since I run Linux). I am certified in Photoshop CS6. All that really means is that I know how to use the program efficiently and professionally. I've done graphic arts casually for about three years now, doing signatures, desktop backgrounds, video effect elements, avatars, and little things here and there. If I had to give myself an honest rating of my skills compared to 404's shop, I would say they are at his level or just above. I'll let you decide that.

Ordering
Due to the nature of my pricing system, I'm probably going to have a lot of orders. So I will complete them as soon as possible in a first come, first serve basis. Every signature I make is completely unique and I try to make them as different as the last one. Before I can make you one, I need to know what you want!

Please note: Normally I work only with in-game content. I cannot make custom artwork for you because I'm not a vector artist; I'm a graphic artist. So keep all of the details inside your order form as close as to in-game content as possible unless you ask for something that does not need to be made.
(Ex. Images off google, abstract shapes and designs, etc.)
The image I will use for your character will be the one that shows up after I add you on my friend list. So make sure you're wearing what you want to have in your signature.

Please fill out this form and post it below: (click select all, copy, and paste)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b] This is the username you want in the signature.
[b]Color Scheme:[/b] This is what colors you want your signature to have. Do you want it to be very cool and icey? or hot and fiery? Perhaps you want black, grey, and white? You get the idea.
[b]Description:[/b] Describe here in a brief summary of what you want your signature to look like. Think of everything you want. (within reason)
[b]Do you want an avatar?:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Price:[/b] Put your money amount here or put "To be decided."

The more information you put the better! Provide any images you'd like me to use in your order form as well. If you do not fill it out correctly, I will politely ask you to correct any mistakes and the order process will continue from there.
I do not require you to credit me in your signature. Though please do not claim my work as your own.

Due to unforeseen time restraints, production of your signature can take well over three days. Usually it is worth the wait. On weekends, normally I can knock out a bunch of them, but on weekdays I might be a bit more busy than usual. Please be aware that I might not be able to get to you very quickly.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post below or PM me on the forums.
Last edited by Dronzin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dronzin

Re: The Signature Creation Warehouse

Postby Dronzin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 am

Example of a good order form:

Username: Dronzin
Color Scheme: Lots of blacks and greys, greyscale maybe? Gothic sounds nice.
Outfit: Just take a screenshot of me.
Description: I would like a rounded rectangular background with grunge scratched metal surfaces that has some areas cut into it. I'd like my character put on the right side facing left. If you can, maybe put a monster skull in it? I'd also like some nice abstract designs in it too.
Do you want an avatar?: Yes, a body shot please.
Price: $9001

Example of a bad order form:

Username: ub3rn00bsUx5565
Color Scheme: omg idc liek just choose idk
Description: ok so first i want a big t rex in the center o ti an then put me riding a black horse in gold armor like in minecraft lol and then give me gold watches on both of my arms fi u could an animate it so u can see my hair work like blowing in the wind kthx plz bai
Do you want an avatar?: yes just make me on top of the universe
Price: -101 lol get it?

Previously completed orders:
EliasDaniel: Signature - Avatar | $35,000
Dronzin: Signature 1 - Signature 2 | $0
RoySamuels: Signature - Avatar | $100,000
Metalmorphosist: Signature - Avatar | Awaiting Payment
plak&shlak: - Signature | Awaiting Payment
rex24602: - Signature | Avatar | Awaiting Payment
MasterYi: - Signature | Avatar | Awaiting Payment

Other Examples:
1 | 2 | 3
Last edited by Dronzin on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"I am Nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect."
Dronzin- Level 10X Warrior
Dronzin

Postby 404 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 am

Son of a bitch! :lol:

If I had to give myself an honest rating of my skills compared to 404's shop, I would say they are at his level or just above. I'll let you decide that.

While I'm not "Photoshop certified", I have been using Photoshop CS6 Extended for at least 4-5 years now, and my signatures do look a liiiittttttlllleee bit better than the one you made for yourself :P

The one you made for EliasDaniel though, that one is pretty sweet.
Last edited by 404 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Metalmorphosist » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am

Username: Metalmorphosist
Color Scheme: A robotic theme, futuristic, but with a couple of dents in parts.
Outfit: A robotic suit with a chainsaw on the left wrist.
Description: A light blue color to the text, and a western-type font. My avatar will be standing on a light covered, gray pedestal with block bots carrying it.
Do you want an avatar?: Yes.
Price: 5,000.
If the price is bad, just scrap the fact I made this message. It's all I have at the moment.
TRUST NO THOT
I have a pet named after me <3
Metalmorphosist

Postby Dronzin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Metalmorphosist wrote:Username: Metalmorphosist
Description: A light blue color to the text, and a western-type font. My avatar will be standing on a light covered, gray pedestal with block bots carrying it.
If the price is bad, just scrap the fact I made this message. It's all I have at the moment.

I have accepted your order. In regards to your outfit, I should have been a bit more clear on that. What I mean by outfit is what do you want your character to have on in-game when I take a screenshot of it. In this case, would it be what you always have on, or would you like something special?
Dronzin

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Do you only take orders in such a format that is like your description/example?

Like it has the name and the character in there... Is it always like that?

Or do you do a wide variety kind of thing? As in if I were to ask for an off-the-wall signature such as an armada of ships sailing the sea would you do that?

[That isn't a request in case you got the wrong idea, which I doubt you did but I feel its best to mention this :lol: ]
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Dronzin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 pm

itblobboy wrote:Do you only take orders in such a format that is like your description/example?

Like it has the name and the character in there... Is it always like that?

Or do you do a wide variety kind of thing? As in if I were to ask for an off-the-wall signature such as an armada of ships sailing the sea would you do that?

[That isn't a request in case you got the wrong idea, which I doubt you did but I feel its best to mention this :lol: ]

I can certainly try doing anything. The form is meant for people who have no idea on what to put for their order. It structures what they would like. Helps me a little bit in understanding as well. But nothing is necessary. You could literally just post "Make me one and I give you all of the creative liberty to do whatever you feel would fit me." and I would accept that.
Dronzin

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:16 pm

I might contact you for non-signature related imagery...

I will probably make random signatures and avatars for myself for the most part, but I may want to make something that I don't want to look like garbage.

Sounds like a good deal.

Oh, and could you make a gif?
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Dronzin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Oh, and could you make a gif?

I can do simple stuff like rotating text, scrolling text, fading in and out, etc. But nothing like animating characters. I mean I can't say I have ever tried.

(What I was working on for a little bit for Morph's sig.)

Edit:
I looked into animating with GIF's a bit more and with a lot of effort, I can make this:

I could also make the cloud scroll across too.
Dronzin

Postby itblobboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Dang, not quite what I was looking for.

Still, you are good with images. Bookmark'd.
itblobboy

Postby 404 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Dronzin wrote:Image

The animation on that is a tad choppy, you can see where the animation ends and starts over.

As well, for some reason the graphical quality is on the fuzzy side. That may be a result of whatever program you used to record the animation trying to compress the images file-size, resulting in some loss of quality.

EDIT: Disabled f.lux temporarily (it modifies the color of my monitor so that I'm not staring at a bright-ass monitor at night), it seems to be the effects you put over the animation that make it look fuzzy. Animation is still a tad choppy as I said earlier.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Dronzin » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm

404 wrote:The animation on that is a tad choppy, you can see where the animation ends and starts over.

As well, for some reason the graphical quality is on the fuzzy side. That may be a result of whatever program you used to record the animation trying to compress the images file-size, resulting in some loss of quality.

EDIT: Disabled f.lux temporarily (it modifies the color of my monitor so that I'm not staring at a bright-ass monitor at night), it seems to be the effects you put over the animation that make it look fuzzy. Animation is still a tad choppy as I said earlier.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. There aren't very many loss-less quality recording devices for Linux but they can come pretty close. It was essentially just 32 screenshots with the background manually taken out of them individually. I cut out 50% of the frames so I had less work to do so that will explain some of the choppiness too. Didn't want to put much effort into something that would just be an example/test. Still pretty cool in my opinion, though! 8-)
Dronzin

Postby RoySamuels » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Username: RoySamuels
Color Scheme: Surprise Me!
Outfit: Surprise Me!
Description: Surprise Me!
Do you want an avatar?: Surprise Me!
Price: Depends on finished signature.

I want to see what you can do for me so I can compare it to 404's signature he made for me. I'll give you the same standards that I gave him... surprise me! :D
RoySamuels

Postby Fortunatenotch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Username:Ignace Dracul

Color Scheme:Hot/Fiery/Red

Outfit:Can you make Masamune on my hand (on the one that will appear on the front)?like Electric Katana but instead make it have a smooth curve, electrical (just a bit)like and not that large/huge as electric katana and just to remember again its name is Masamune and its like this:

Description:I want it to be on Laevateinn on fire state and the moldure of all the signature can be a rectangle(my "avatar" will be on the left, make it in a circle moldure and the heart like thing (the start) will be at the right and then the left of the weapon will keep going to the left and my moldure with my avatar in will be in the middle like Ex: O===========-E>)

Do you want an avatar?:Yes, a close of my face

Price:To be decided
My queen...
Fortunatenotch

Postby Dronzin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:46 pm

RoySamuels wrote:Username: RoySamuels
Color Scheme: Surprise Me!
Outfit: Surprise Me!
Description: Surprise Me!
Do you want an avatar?: Surprise Me!
Price: Depends on finished signature.

I want to see what you can do for me so I can compare it to 404's signature he made for me. I'll give you the same standards that I gave him... surprise me! :D

Finished order! I try to do something new each time to ensure uniqueness, and so I can learn something to use in the future.

Signature:

And just for the record, characters that have textured equipment look epic.

Fortunatenotch wrote:Username: Ignace Dracul
Color Scheme: Hot/Fiery/Red
Outfit: Can you make Masamune on my hand (on the one that will appear on the front)?like Electric Katana but instead make it have a smooth curve, electrical (just a bit)like and not that large/huge as electric katana and just to remember again its name is Masamune and its like this:
Description: I want it to be on Laevateinn on fire state and the moldure of all the signature can be a rectangle(my "avatar" will be on the left, make it in a circle moldure and the heart like thing (the start) will be at the right and then the left of the weapon will keep going to the left and my moldure with my avatar in will be in the middle like Ex: O===========-E>)
Do you want an avatar?: Yes, a close of my face
Price: To be decided

I don't quite understand your order form at all. From what I read, it's to my understanding that you want a signature similar to 404s' signatures that have a circular avatar on the left, a rectangular body, and instead of holding your current weapon, you want the katana you linked?
Dronzin

Postby RoySamuels » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:35 pm

It looks great ! Only one thing though, can you move my character on the left of the signature a bit more and make it on top of the "R"? It looks weird to see him in the background.
RoySamuels

Postby Dronzin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:45 pm

RoySamuels wrote:It looks great ! Only one thing though, can you move my character on the left of the signature a bit more and make it on top of the "R"? It looks weird to see him in the background.

I've agreed with you after you pointed it out. Better?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fjZtzVp.png[/IMG]

Slight alternate:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MiK1vjY.png[/IMG]

I like the 2nd one a bit better. Overall it adds more depth to the image by doing what you said.
Dronzin

Postby ImACoolGuy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 am

Name:ImACoolGuy
Color Scheme:Hot Like Hell YEAH
Outfit: Two (BIG) Skull crusher (u make it fit) and my outfit is (Dark Beholder whole)
Description: I Like U But U arent on my like list
Price 5k only but i just got scammed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
What Time Is It? ADVENTURE TIME
ImACoolGuy

Location: Cool Residense, Cool Street, Cool Avenue, Cool Town, Cool Province, Cool Country

Postby Phearsom » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 am

This is just a question. I am wondering if you will be able to create a signature of an archer in Gif form doing triple shot?

For example, the archer will be on the right (wearing in game armor) shooting to the left with triple shot, every time the triple shot goes through the signature of the username will appear. So the timing between the triple shot and the fading in and out Username would be a little tricky.
Phearsom

Postby Dronzin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm

ImACoolGuy wrote:Name:ImACoolGuy
Color Scheme:Hot Like Hell YEAH
Outfit: Two (BIG) Skull crusher (u make it fit) and my outfit is (Dark Beholder whole)
Description: I Like U But U arent on my like list
Price 5k only but i just got scammed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Assuming that your character is wearing what you want for your outfit, your order has been accepted.

Phearsom wrote:This is just a question. I am wondering if you will be able to create a signature of an archer in Gif form doing triple shot?

For example, the archer will be on the right (wearing in game armor) shooting to the left with triple shot, every time the triple shot goes through the signature of the username will appear. So the timing between the triple shot and the fading in and out Username would be a little tricky.

I can say that it is definitely possible for me to do that. But whether or not I will do that, is an entirely different question. So to answer your question in short-form; yes.

It's just the matter of work involved to make one that turns me off completely from doing that.

This is what I would have to do:
  • Coordinate in-game with someone who can use triple shot.
  • Record them using triple shot with a video recorder, zoomed in. If anyone gets in the shot, a retake will be needed.
  • Any dark backgrounds are not plausible because of later steps.
  • After the video file is recorded and saved, trim it to a 1-2 second clip, and convert it into a sequence of PNG frames. (30-60 pictures.)
  • Remove the background from each picture. (30-60)
  • Put them into proper order.
  • Make the name fade in after the shot, not neccesarily hard, just more time consuming work (changing the opacity in each frame)
Really it's just an afternoon of casual work that I don't find worth working on unless it were to be for a set price. I like having people setting their own price, but I can't have people asking me to do a lot of work and potentially not offer me anything afterward.
Dronzin

Postby RoySamuels » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Its awesome! Thanks! When I see you in game I shall reward you handsomely ;)
RoySamuels

Postby Phearsom » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Dronzin,

I understand the steps or rather, I understand that this task has multiple layers before completion. If you are willing I will work with you to do all of this using my own personal character.

I am not looking for something immediate because I have not reached the max level for the armor I would like to portray. But I am shy 10 levels till then. The reason this attracted me is because of the fact that you are the first person who offers a moving signature (GiF form).

I guess overall my question is are you willing. I will offer 50k if you decide to take on this project and upon finishing, depending on the end result, tip you for the final product.
Phearsom

Postby Metalmorphosist » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:36 pm

If no-one sells their gold plate armor to me, I'll buy the signature for 17k. You probably saw my form, so you know what I'm looking for.
TRUST NO THOT
Metalmorphosist

Postby Metalmorphosist » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Dronzin wrote:
Metalmorphosist wrote:Username: Metalmorphosist

I have accepted your order. In regards to your outfit, I should have been a bit more clear on that. What I mean by outfit is what do you want your character to have on in-game when I take a screenshot of it. In this case, would it be what you always have on, or would you like something special?
My normal self, but my armor is.... silvery and robotic-er than what it is normally. Also, I want an electric current floating around the letters.
TRUST NO THOT
Metalmorphosist

Postby Metalmorphosist » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Ok, I messed up big-time. I forgot I was buying the signature anf got Gold Plate armor for 22k, all I had, then farmed gold, and ended with 3k. So, no more signature for me.
TRUST NO THOT
Metalmorphosist

Next

Return to MarketPlace