Barack_Obama ban vote

Report and discuss players who are abusive, scammers, or cheaters here.

What should happen with his account?

Un-ban him now
12
10%
Ban him for 1 week
16
13%
Ban him for 2 weeks
5
4%
Ban him forever
89
73%
 
Total votes : 122

Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby robby » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 am

So I figured since he has been a big member of the community, we will let the community decide. Barack_Obama (CandyNutJob) has been a big member of the community and has bought tickets using legit money. However he has recently abused a ticket glitch and transferred the tickets to almost 10 - 20 accounts.

Vote on what you think should be done. This will help determine the outcome.
User avatar
robby
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Gregore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:10 am

Is this a character ban or an IP ban?
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby darth » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:10 am

you are being pretty... generous.
darth [δύναμις]

Image
User avatar
darth
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: Montreal, CA

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:13 am

I vote yes for permanent account ban, not IP ban though.
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby coke_na_rc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:28 am

Ban him forever


sorry barack, it is a lesson for everyone not to abused.. youll be the sample :|

you had your princess now, so work and build new image.. ;)
Image
Beat that
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
coke_na_rc
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby belding » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:02 am

I say ban Barack_Obama but let him keep Princess Peach to work to pay people back and stay active since he has been such a prominent player and has really helped people. He messed up and there should be a consequence. I think making him start over is fair.
Image
User avatar
belding
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:07 am

belding wrote:I say ban Barack_Obama but let him keep Princess Peach to work to pay people back and stay active since he has been such a prominent player and has really helped people. He messed up and there should be a consequence. I think making him start over is fair.



Agreed, permanent account ban, but not IP ban. Start over, second chance.
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby SlayerBlade » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 am

Execution! His character is also god-modded from all the tickets he dupped, another reason a death sentence is needed. Have you seen the chaotic Dex it has?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Gregore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

For what's worth, I don't believe the Dex boost was from duping. I don't think his Dex relates to this discussion.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby coke_na_rc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:05 am

he has his monstrous 1001 dex before he dupes tickets.. and its not about the dex were into here.. just vote.. :)
Image
Beat that
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
coke_na_rc
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Rutto » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:42 am

I agree with MasterYi, just ban his account, not his IP... Give him an opportunity to redeem himself.
User avatar
Rutto
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:19 pm

How can someone actually vote for one week ban? That's ridiculous, this guy duped tons of tickets, and sold them!

You're saying duping, and duping tickets is punished by 1 week ban, really? That's ridiculous.


But it's a poll and you can vote for what you want, i'm just saying that I think that's ridiculous.

I say screw the account Barack_Obama. He messed that account up, permanent ban on that one, but not IP ban, so he can get a second chance on PrincessPeach, but one week ban as punishment for duping tons of tickets is just ridiculous.
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby sankentyosu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:42 pm

MasterYi wrote:Agreed, permanent account ban, but not IP ban. Start over, second chance.


I'm not trying to be offensive or assume you would do something like Barack_Obama, but consider this because you might be a better example than Barack_Obama would. Do note that I am trying to take an objective view of things.

Suppose an incident happened, whatever, and now your in the same situation as Barack_Obama - you're banned (for doing "whatever" - its just an example) and you arent allowed to play your character ever again. But, oh you've been a good player and all and you didn't get IP banned. Would you like a "second chance"?

I know I could care less about one. I wouldn't be willing to put all those hours, all that money, back into the game again. He had over 1k dex - that's a lot of stats - at least for a level 170. You are quite similar in the sense your stat count is massive, but is more related to your massive level. Would you really care for this "second chance" if you were given it? Would you really consider it much of a second chance? Because you have to get back your 500+ levels and all those books you bought and your payvault items ($$ req). Given the circumstances, I know I'd, personally, just leave. And that's the equivalent of an IP ban on the banned-player's perspective -- not a "second chance" now is it? (Please don't reply saying you wouldn't have gotten yourself into this situation if given the opportunity - I am not trying to make a personal attack, I simply am using you as an example in a purely hypothetical situation where you could surely see some of the emotions I am trying to evoke)

If it was a time-ban, then it would be more like a second chance. Though since many of you believe harshly on the penalty Barack_Obama deserves, then if it is a time-ban, it should be a lengthy one to reflect the community's voice.

tldr : The other majority (not the majority majority) of people voted for the 1 week ban. I voted the same. Though, however, I believe it should be longer like 2 weeks or so but didn't want to split up the vote count so that it was clear where the two halves of the community lie. Either way, both decisions make sense for me, I just know empathetically that this would be the game-changer of leaving forever or coming back to this game for me. What I am trying to put forth out is this : is this "second chance" that is being offered really a second chance? The poll appears more to be -> give second chance or too bad, so sad; c'est la vie.
sankentyosu
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:44 pm

sankentyosu wrote:
MasterYi wrote:Agreed, permanent account ban, but not IP ban. Start over, second chance.


I'm not trying to be offensive or assume you would do something like Barack_Obama, but consider this because you might be a better example than Barack_Obama would. Do note that I am trying to take an objective view of things.

Suppose an incident happened, whatever, and now your in the same situation as Barack_Obama - you're banned (for doing "whatever" - its just an example) and you arent allowed to play your character ever again. But, oh you've been a good player and all and you didn't get IP banned. Would you like a "second chance"?

I know I could care less about one. I wouldn't be willing to put all those hours, all that money, back into the game again. He had over 1k dex - that's a lot of stats - at least for a level 170. You are quite similar in the sense your stat count is massive, but is more related to your massive level. Would you really care for this "second chance" if you were given it? Would you really consider it much of a second chance? Because you have to get back your 500+ levels and all those books you bought and your payvault items ($$ req). Given the circumstances, I know I'd, personally, just leave. And that's the equivalent of an IP ban on the banned-player's perspective -- not a "second chance" now is it? (Please don't reply saying you wouldn't have gotten yourself into this situation if given the opportunity - I am not trying to make a personal attack, I simply am using you as an example in a purely hypothetical situation where you could surely see some of the emotions I am trying to evoke)

If it was a time-ban, then it would be more like a second chance. Though since many of you believe harshly on the penalty Barack_Obama deserves, then if it is a time-ban, it should be a lengthy one to reflect the community's voice.

tldr : The other majority (not the majority majority) of people voted for the 1 week ban. I voted the same. Though, however, I believe it should be longer like 2 weeks or so but didn't want to split up the vote count so that it was clear where the two halves of the community lie. Either way, both decisions make sense for me, I just know empathetically that this would be the game-changer of leaving forever or coming back to this game for me. What I am trying to put forth out is this : is this "second chance" that is being offered really a second chance? The poll appears more to be -> give second chance or too bad, so sad; c'est la vie.



Yeah.. no, if someone dupe tickets there shouldn't be any way back, at all. And he said himself he would play on his alt if he got banned.

And if Barack gets un-banned, think about all these dupers, who duped items and not tickets, not even as bad as in Baracks situation, they got all IP banned, no questions asked, if Barack won't get banned, since he is ''popular'' then this game isn't fair at all.

And all these dupers, who duped items and money, they didn't risk to ruin the game economy like Barack_Obama did.

Btw, lvl 170 isn't that much, could take max, max a month. And I would lvl and try again, for sure. No doubt.
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Contressa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Im surprised that this is even a debate robby, Ban that shithead for LIFE, and set an example that THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED! I dont care if it was Jerek that did it, he needs to get the banhammer.
Contressa
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby sankentyosu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:06 pm

MasterYi wrote:Yeah.. no

Btw, lvl 170 isn't that much, could take max, max a month. And I would lvl and try again, for sure. No doubt.
You talk like I was opinionated, clearly you missed my point. (Although I'd like to say I voted empathetically, a small part of it was sympathetic for the leeway that it was in the "heat of the moment")

Anyways, it might take you a month if you play frequently/semi-hardcore.
But it doesn't really look like Barack_Obama plays that often. So a month for you is very well likely more for him. Then, that's just levels. Level isnt too much of an impact. It's the stats that are important. How much more money will it take to reach the stats lost? How much more time needed to farm for those? How much more tickets are needed to be bought for payvault, etc etc. Level is just one of the factors to starting over.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm talking about this matter neutrally.

Sorry, I think my thing brokedown. But its bolded, so I have more credibility? More importance? Idk, whatever.
sankentyosu
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Ky372 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:15 pm

sankentyosu wrote:But it doesn't really look like Barack_Obama plays that often.


Huh? He's been on like every single day. He was gone for a week and profusely apologized to the forums. No, for how often he's on, 170, even 200 levels wouldn't take long at all...


And I agree with Master Yi about how there should be no leeway given to paying players. If Barack's main account is unbanned, then everyone should be unbanned, no matter the reason for their ban. So unless Robby seriously wants to deal with that, I say perma-ban. Regardless of if someone gives you money for your services, if they abuse them, they should not have access to your service anymore. Barack knew what he was doing and continued to do so (regardless of if he told Gret/Robby first). A clear punishment needs to be set up, and if we go unbanning people for things like that, what's the point in banning people in the first place?
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby _Conquest_ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I think a few moths maybe but he was faced with a very tempting thing...But it's still not okay.
He has done numerous good things for the H.H community too.
He has:

made the scammer list-having people clean their acts up

made the re-sellers guide

Well...I could look for more things and I might but these are 2 main things he has done.

I say just give everyone their money back using the trade log have him pay a fine or something and about a 3 month ban.
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby MasterYi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:17 pm

_Conquest_ wrote:I think a few moths maybe but he was faced with a very tempting thing...But it's still not okay.
He has done numerous good things for the H.H community too.
He has:

made the scammer list-having people clean their acts up

made the re-sellers guide

Well...I could look for more things and I might but these are 2 main things he has done.

I say just give everyone their money back using the trade log have him pay a fine or something and about a 3 month ban.


Doesn't matter what he have done before, if he doesn't get a perm banned it's unfair for everyone else who has been banned earlier for items and money duping.

Which isn't even as bad as What Barack did, duped tickets and sold them, he could have ruined the game economy. permanent ban I say.
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby 404 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Where's the permanent IP ban option? :|
                   ImageImage Image
Image
User avatar
404
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:31 am
Location: Canada

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:08 pm

I went ahead and voted for Barack_Obama to be banned. Its all good guys! PrincessPeach is the true legend. She is such a unique build. I cant wait to get back to the big leagues!

So forget being the President!

Im the muthaF-ing PRINCESS!
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby 404 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:I went ahead and voted for Barack_Obama to be banned. Its all good guys! PrincessPeach is the true legend. She is such a unique build. I cant wait to get back to the big leagues!

So forget being the President!

Im the muthaF-ing PRINCESS!


So you went from a black guy to a fictional chick?

Image
                   ImageImage Image
Image
User avatar
404
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:31 am
Location: Canada

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Gregore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm

404 wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:I went ahead and voted for Barack_Obama to be banned. Its all good guys! PrincessPeach is the true legend. She is such a unique build. I cant wait to get back to the big leagues!

So forget being the President!

Im the muthaF-ing PRINCESS!


So you went from the President of the United States of America to a fictional princess?

I've fixed it for you, 404- as a public service.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I look at it more as I went from one huge non-fictional political figure of a well known country to another huge fictional political figure of a well known video game!

I dont see why your bringing race and sex into this. Why not look at everyone as equal? ;)

Im just messing with you 404, but I dont know. It was just one of my ALTs names that I took off with. I have many ALTs and robby says I just made all of them to spread my money but that is wrong. I took a good bit of names, when I first got into the game, that I liked and just have them on stand by if I was ever to start building a new character.

A few that Im proud of having are:

Catwoman
Wonderwoman
CaptainAmerica
Lincoln
Cloud

And the best one of all, that will one day be known:

HelmetHero
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby _Conquest_ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Strange how some polls get so many votes...Yet we only see certain people every day...
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Next

Return to Report Player/Abuse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest