Website for tickets

For anything related to the original Helmet Heroes.

Website for tickets

Postby christopher10280 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:47 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by christopher10280 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only post on threads that I deem significant.
christopher10280

Re: Website for tickets

Postby UNF404 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52 pm

I hope no-one is dumb enough to fall for that. I mean it's a site made on Webs.com for god sakes. I didn't visit it, but I can guess that it most likely asks for your username and password.

Similar sites used to exist years ago when RuneScape first came out (2001ish). False claims of getting you full sets of Rune armor and this and that, all you had to do was enter your username and password. What the site did was emailed your login info to the site owner who then accessed your account and emptied it out.

Some sites even started putting level requirements to filter out low-level accounts that had nothing on them, hoping to get higher-level players with lots of gear and cash to fall for their scam.

Of course back then, we didn't have Webs.com. We had Geocities from Yahoo and that was the "hackers" (using the term hacker loosely because they didn't do any actual hacking) go-to for making a quick and dirty free website to loot people's accounts.
UNF404

Return to HH Original